Decoding the ancient language

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The torch has already been tried if I'm not mistaken. No dice, although some other glyph could be the one being misinterpreted, too.

yeah, but we're not even 100% sure about the numbers so its still a possibility

and it looks similar too

Also in my code I need to put 2 ot those ... so it's stackable - not a torch . By the way the symbol for butterfly I have to put only 1 is there someone with it in their stage 2 code that can tell me if they have to put one or more of it = this way we can say for sure if the item is stackable or not .

I think what people are interpreting as the staff is actually the ancient guardian horn.

It visually resembles the rook, and on the mural it is put in a 3 symbol phrase with the key.

Also, you can't solve the puzzle solo

31 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Problem with the tragic torch idea is that the chest doesn't send skin types of the prefab, so all Klei'd see is a base torch.

Hmm, you're right. But the tragic torch might be a hint maybe? Although it's not as fancy as the walking cane or staffs, it may still be a torch. In the murals, there is some kind of a torch that seems to keep the darkness away.. I don't know :D

It feels like we have correctly translated the symbols and the number blocks correctly, but clearly that isn't the case.

There aren't really any hints as to what we're doing wrong here, the items just get spit out of the chest without telling us if the items were correct, or if the numbers were correct, etc.

I think we're stumped here by a lack of reactive information, not a lack of trying.

3 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

It feels like we have correctly translated the symbols and the number blocks correctly, but clearly that isn't the case.

There aren't really any hints as to what we're doing wrong here, the items just get spit out of the chest without telling us if the items were correct, or if the numbers were correct, etc.

I think we're stumped here by a lack of reactive information, not a lack of trying.

I think without more information to actually confirm what is being done right / wrong it will be impossible to progress (without the use of datamining etc)

59527e2c4de140989be19604f2075957.png

Posting this to confirm the following correlations,

5jgUlBA.png Has has matched at least one of the following in every single puzzle ( and these symbols ONLY match this).
tHOkYDE.png3crghca.pngUzOBKPx.png2powCv8.pngD3d5gn6.pngE3xdbIy.png

A single tHOkYDE.png is present in every single solution code. You will ALWAYS have one.

There are a minimum of 2 5jgUlBA.png in every code, with some having up to 3. Figuring out column A could solve nearly 50% of every community members puzzle (If we're understanding this data correctly).

The following symbols have yet to be used in any solution answer, maybe you shouldn't consider them....

fXXHaMk.pngs0Cb0eY.pngUqTUejT.pngUXn0F16.png

xHeJvED.pngXcxGQ8z.pngbOOyit5.pngxGiaKEG.pngJ3IEKkG.pngi8k9gt0.pngkwRVaES.pngCGzGU74.pngv71B4tn.png68VmeDr.pngPTAm3gg.png

(Unless they have some sort of important hidden formula when in conjunction with ones that are used, are they used in murals?)

It's actually the ancient ruins race.

Many of the paintings depict the symbols of "the ancient race" with the symbol of "offering" and "(miscellaneous item)", as well as "ancient race" "hunting" "rabbits", and "ancient race" "mining" "orange gem".ce1428d291e24456a48dc7f1c11dd1bf.pngf5d2c95266ca4fc5a1bec1b0ed6d0696.png

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

It's actually the ancient ruins race.

Many of the paintings depict the symbols of "the ancient race" with the symbol of "offering" and "(miscellaneous item)", as well as "ancient race" "hunting" "rabbits", as well as "ancient race" "mining" "orange gem".

I thought the Ancient Race was the sideways J symbol. Such as "Ancients Have Bees." "Ancients Gather Thulecite." "Ancients Hunt Rabbits." The Hammer and Sickle are only inside the portal and to the right of the portal in the cave painting. 

3 minutes ago, Escaped said:

I thought the Ancient Race was the sideways J symbol. Such as "Ancients Have Bees." "Ancients Gather Thulecite." "Ancients Hunt Rabbits." The Hammer and Sickle are only inside the portal and to the right of the portal in the cave painting. 

The J symbol has been refered to as the "hammer and cycle" symbol, I just assumed thats what the other guy was talking about.

9 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The J symbol has been refered to as the "hammer and cycle" symbol, I just assumed thats what the other guy was talking about.

My bad, I meant the symbol in the portal. Yeah that one's the Ancients. 

I can't test this with my friend at the moment, but maybe one person should try to activate the gateway whilst the other makes the offering in the chest? Which might make sense. Maybe. Make sure its the same person you did the puzzles with. And maybe it depends on who does what.

4 hours ago, rezecib said:

I guess another interpretation of top/bottom and left/right would be that rather than each pair specifying a decimal digit, the positioning of the notches along the side doesn't matter and it's just two base-4 digits. So that would give:

L7ohv0h.png

The bottom-right would be 15 (12 + 3).

We are close but maybe we miss something here

Archived