Will Custom Player Mods Be Available?

Character mods are pretty functional right now. However, there's a huge variety in the technical complexity of characters, so undoubtedly some character mods will require a lot of work to update (a character who touches a lot of different systems like Webber, for example, requires pretty extensive rewriting/patching). I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to update most, if not all, character mods by release.

There are a few general character mod things that aren't quite working yet, like avatars (the little images that show when someone goes offscreen from you, and also on the scoreboard) (apparently this was fixed in the last hotfix), custom inventory item art (I'm not very happy with the current solution, but I've been working on a better one with Dryicefox, but it's not working for clients yet), and perhaps a couple of other things -- Dryicefox would know more about that, since he's been doing more of the character modding and art asset stuff surrounding it.

Edit: @greenglacier Aww thanks! :grin:

Why would you post a picture like that? Seriously,is the DST general discussion getting THIS degenerative?

they're also not good characters

That was the legit picture from the character selection screen. My MC Skin is my character in vines so I did the same for my DS character. Jeez people are so uptight :I

Character mods are pretty functional right now. However, there's a huge variety in the technical complexity of characters, so undoubtedly some character mods will require a lot of work to update (a character who touches a lot of different systems like Webber, for example, requires pretty extensive rewriting/patching). I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to update most, if not all, character mods by release.

There are a few general character mod things that aren't quite working yet, like avatars (the little images that show when someone goes offscreen from you, and also on the scoreboard) (apparently this was fixed in the last hotfix), custom inventory item art (I'm not very happy with the current solution, but I've been working on a better one with Dryicefox, but it's not working for clients yet), and perhaps a couple of other things -- Dryicefox would know more about that, since he's been doing more of the character modding and art asset stuff surrounding it.

Edit: @greenglacier Aww thanks! :grin:

Oh, alright awesome. I worked hard on all these single player mods for my friends and I wanted to be sure they and I would be able to run around as ourselves and not the orignal DS cast lol. As long as DST Character Mods are a thing me and my friends can piece together what to do ;w; so thank goodness.

That was the legit picture from the character selection screen. My MC Skin is my character in vines so I did the same for my DS character. Jeez people are so uptight :I

Its the rules ,we have children here and people should behave accordingly. 

Also,if you want some critique on your character, She's OP. Higher everything and no downsides, balance is an important part of character design in DS. I see no balance here. 

I worked hard on all these single player mods for my friends and I wanted to be sure they and I would be able to run around as ourselves and not the orignal DS cast lol. As long as DST Character Mods are a thing me and my friends can piece together what to do ;w; so thank goodness.

Is it that hard to give a name change and this place has rules. That would still be considered nudity.

these mods are fully functional in the Single Player DS I was just asking if there was a way to implement them to DST lol... I dont have it yet so I didnt know what was and wasnt able to be done.

Well, the mods will have to be re-made for DST. A lot of the old code can probably be reused, but it'd still have to be changed a bit for it, like I said, Klei can't do these things, nor can they make SP mods available in MP (nor do they have any obligation to) so it's up to the modders whether they want to or not.

some call it nudity, some call it partially clothed.

and, whats wrong with it? I mean, Webber's nude, and your not having a hard time with him :o

Webber is a completely different story. Hardly comparable actually. Also, partially clothed, nudity, whatever you want to call it. Its still against the forum rules whether you or her likes it or not. Also, remind me why you're defending this again? It's not even a properly designed character. All advantages with no drawbacks. Wheres the challenge?

Webber is a completely different story. Hardly comparable actually. Also, partially clothed, nudity, whatever you want to call it. Its still against the forum rules whether you or her likes it or not. Also, remind me why you're defending this again? It's not even a properly designed character. All advantages with no upsides. Wheres the challenge?

there is no need to get upset over someone's creation you do not like as well as be disrespectful about it, how is webber completely different? hes walking all over the world... nude, unless your saying he has like briefs underneath his skin, then I suppose hes not really nude. Game balance? who cares, if people want to mod their character to make it easier to survive, let them. It's not our place to judge them of their life decisions.

there is no need to get upset over someone's creation you do not like as well as be disrespectful about it, how is webber completely different? hes walking all over the world... nude, unless your saying he has like briefs underneath his skin, then I suppose hes not really nude. Game balance? who cares, if people want to mod their character to make it easier to survive, let them. It's not our place to judge them of their life decisions.

You make more valid points than Munix. Though I am against the characters, it doesn't mean you can go just convert your Minecraft skin to a mod, (especially if that skin is nude, or wearing vines) even if you don't make the mod public, you still shouldn't go posting a character mod that you use and is... explicit. It's like someone posting some explicit content here on the forums. I don't care if the character is unbalanced now. You make that point as who cares (despite the group on Steam being like "I CARE") this takes me back the the "Pyro discussions".

He's covered in spider fur. Also, the spider isn't his body. His body is inside the spider.

And I know its not that important but it bugs me when people don't have any regard for the fact that nothing is suppose to come easy in DS. I also wasn't being disrespectful, I tried to be as nice as possible.

Archived