All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My initial impression was the same, hammering stuff for 100% materials back seems too strong, but after thinking about it, I've changed my mind. Most of what you use a deconstruction staff for is items not structures. You can't hammer items so this is not nearly as powerful as an infinite deconstruction staff. Of all the OP's suggestions, this one is actually my favorite. It is simple and it would be great for base building. One thing it might be too good for is structures that spawn mobs, like pig houses or bunnyman hutches, since it would potentially mean an infinite amount of those mobs for the low cost of hammer durability. Maybe tuning it down to 75% rounded up would address that problem. At 75% rounded up, anything that would take 3 or fewer materials would still return 100% of the cost, so it would still mean that you could relocate things like chests for free.
  3. Yes. That was my point. The unique limitation is unnessesary because they're already much more effort to grow and move than other ways to prevent wildfires; bar maybe the Crystaleyezer. Stonefruit is good. I've never really used Banana Bushes, but stonefruit is good. But it's more the outlier than the rule. Summer is the "Cave Season" in the same way that November is McRib season. There's really nothing connecting the two, but tempatures (and pork prices) are low so you may aswell.
  4. Does this mean you can have the help of artist who doesn't know how to code or you're looking for a coder and if the coder is an artist too it's even better ?
  5. Ok so first of all, I read everything like it was Klei doing it so I can get an 100% unbiased opinion. I don't like this. It would defeat the purpose of the character. We only craft things in mass every once in a while anyways. The quick crafts when in danger are the actual benefits from this perk she has. I don't like trusty tape having charges as it doesn't make sense. But I do enjoy it requiring papyrus instead of grass, however it then had to be buffed, not nerfed. I think I'm confused here because some of the things you listed are already true so.. The turning on and off of the gemerators and generators makes SO much sense. Storing energy is a MUST for her. So many times I wasted charges just because the boss died too quickly. And in multiplayer it's even less impactful. I prefer catapults hp regen currently. Not cool to have to manage it's hp during a fight. The lightstick sounds interesting, but it has to be a lunar perk and make it so it makes the enlightened crown light range bigger. That would be a small perk. Like an upgrade from a lunar winona. The better versions sound awesome. Would be cool to have slighty higher durability on regular tools, specially gold ones. A tool rack is also MUCH needed in the game. In pubs the amount of tools dropped on the ground because of how little space the chests have contribute to the lag and the unorganized bases. A tool rack specific for her would make her way more necessary and impactful in groups, but also alone AND as a swap character. It's a win win. I don't like increased mining chopping or hammering efficiency by her. But if it was added, I wouldn't complain, the character would feel way stronger to play. The speed is useless imo. There are way better options in the game, and it's not like every rock or pighouse require 50 uses anyway, you're only there for some time. trusty tape perks has to be the most useless thing ever haha. Sorry but I would hate this. It's taking space for other more creative ideas that could be implemented. increased damage is kinda nice, but I would prefer if some of it was planar. That would already be great. Like 50 regular + 10 planar. 100% materials would make the deconstruction staff completely useless and it really is a horrible idea. Less materials? That would throw the balanced all the way to the roof. Character would simply turn stupid broken in an unfun way completely for no reason whatsoever. Green amulet??? Infinite tent by her would also defeat the whole purpose of having normal tents. And, if it had higher uses it would then be useless. I wouldn't mind using a regular tent if this was added. I think I gain nothing from it. Spacious chests for a skilltree would make the current elastispacer very underwhelming. It would also imply them making skins for every chest again. Btw we already have the dfly chest so this becomes even more useless. Walls that don't break from catapults would be a very bad way of fixing this issue I think. first one is a great addition. Reduced energy is very unnecessary. Again, it would be a missed opportunity for a better, more creative perk. That lighting perk sounds like it would be very situational. Maybe for an added character perk yes, but for a point in a skill tree? no. Power cells sounds very great. Potato generator sounds super cool, but in practice is lackluster. I would much prefer a giant potato having a specific thing that only that structure can do. Only giving energy sounds lame, it's even worse than a regular generator. New lantern and minerhat sounds very great. This perk alone would make her a very great character, specially if it's not that expensive or lasts longer. That's already too many perks with generators, I would much prefer new things be added rather than just more generators. I would prefer if the "battle prod" had a different name. I think that if it looked something similar to a scrapyard weapon would be great also. Shadow power cell is the lamest thing possible, sorry but it just sounds soo lazy. We don't need more thulecite gear, nor better ones, SPECIALLY locked behind 1 character skill tree. that trap sounds weirdly good. It would have to be very well placed to not sound too op or useless. what effects? another lazy thing that would not be very impactful. And if it is, locking it behind a skill tree is again a bad idea IMO. I would like if she could upgrade existing gear like the miner hat and lantern. That for me was the best idea. It's also crazy to me how she has the biggest potential for both sides. She can side with her own sister or her biggest idol. But for affinities, I would much prefer if Charlie had mercy on her and gave her the best affinity in the game, like 20% damage against lunar creatures, then roses appear on shadow weapons to represent her sister. Would be cool if her main shadow perk was a shadow thurible perk, where charlie reveals the night for her while holding it, making so winona has some control over the constant. Like a lesser queen. For lunar, she definitely needs a way to absorb/change/manipulate moon shards, moon rock etc.. As I said, she has the biggest potential of all characters when it comes to affinity, so Klei must make her one of the last ones imo.
  6. Today
  7. Not without a counter to deal with them when fishing. Hazourdous ocean is where it will spawn.
  8. Maybe actually using an upgraded boat should be incentivized for the fight instead of discouraged though. Kinda annoying to have all the progress you made be irrelevant because bosses are easier to face without making any.
  9. with what am i supposed to argue? you have stopped saying anything related how is this related to anything at all? that can literally be done faster as winona without catapults
  10. how is what you said relevant? they're true though anytime someone brings up swap characters they mention warly and winona oh i get it now you are out of arguments and you just wanna fight XD, no thanks im outta here bra, and remember that most people are not the influencers of this game, just cause a famous person say it, doesnt mean its true. Sayonara. Winona supremacy power is raising... in my heart <3
  11. how is what you said relevant? they're true though anytime someone brings up swap characters they mention warly and winona
  12. no, people need to realise that oars got buffed multiple years ago and you can just row away from geysers and kill claws, the only issues are birds landing at where you're trying to place a boat and claws having too much hp as for characters without damage multipliers
  13. again this logic can be applied to all mechanics in this or others game, at the end you and me are only giving opinions and suggestions is klei that has the last word my friend. i dont like lies that some people repeat and think that is true just cause they are really noisy about it. who is most people? i mean people in this forum are not the majority of players of DST. The majority of players dont really bother to come into this forum and express their ideas, maybe this forum is full of veterans of DST but at the end of the day the vast mojority is out there playing the game, they dont usually care about this stuff.
  14. you don't need the portal to become more time consuming to use for everyone to not use it as often, just only swap every X days or don't swap or install a mod that makes it more time consuming, why force everyone to do that? how do they hurt you that way? most people say that they're swap characters and don't play as them much, at least winona, since she has no fun perks
  15. Even assuming that someone will eventually notice the "fancy decor item" tag on several things, why is shine bug a "fancy decor item"? It definitely doesn't make the room a great hall
  16. Yeah crabking definitely needs looked at to incentivize players actually fighting it. As a pub player i dont think i can think of a single instance where ive ever had a session where crabking was fought.
  17. In my honest opinion after having fought both of them several times, Crab King and Antlion are one and the same.. (almost) Think about that for a second, you have a boss.. the boss spams the ground underneath you with a spike like attack that shoots upward attacking either you or your boat, oh and if you take a break in between attacking them they’ll start munching rocks to heal up. CK is literally just the at sea version of Antlion, and it’s a boring fight I’ve already done before.. the ONLY key differences here are that your paddling around and around in circles trying to avoid water geysers, the pinching claws (much like sand castles..) spawn to keep you in place, and Crab King has a Weather temperature AoE. Other than that, I’ve effectively decided to call crab king Antlion 2.0.. And both of these fights could use reworks for more interesting and unique mechanics, compared to newer content stuff like Reworked AG, and the Ice Shark. I don’t have any suggestions on how to improve the CrabKing fight but it’s glaring similarities to a fight I’ve already done before (only difference here being im on a boat now…) Means that either Antlion or CK need to be reworked to be different enough from each other.
  18. do you want to ruin my fun just cause you want something different from what i want? and its not for no reason, my biggest reason is the way some people use the portal to say some survivors are pick and switch later characteres. i dont do things in random way my friend, think that everyone has a good reason for their opinions. theres is a good amount of survivors that i dont enjoy playing with and none of those are winona or warly, i mean my longest worlds has been with warly and winona so i dont really get why you assume i or other people dont enjoy playing as winona or warly, Thats sounds like you are really biased to me. well im a winona main and I think making catapults and generatos weaker is wrong, but other than that all sounds great to me. And if you want to have more fun using winona i recommend you to think out of the box, i mean winona can be really funny to use even early game if you try her, i always rush some bosses as her in public games, and she is good at sailing too. You can even kill bee queen really easy with her, my best record is day 5 with an axe and using my personal special set up of catapults that i named Nona's heart <3. Only 12 catapults and 3 generators, but maybe you can break that record or use less catapults to kill a good boss idk. anyway great ideas, my fav was the ability to chop/mine/hammer faster while above 50% hunger.
  19. New mods released: - Conveyor Tile: in world conveyor belt tiles that transfer items, critters and unsuspecting dupes - Better Rebuilding: Rebuilding now keeps the settings of the building (limited to those that can be copied to other buildings) - Weeb Dupes (april fools mod): Cat ears for dupes I have also fixed up the Dupery mod until Barley returns
  20. This is not defense, my friend, this is a counterattack. Feel free to disagree, but don't try to tell others how to think and what to do, unless you have an authority. Oh, i'm asking you a favor, so i write please. If you think i'm defensive or offended, remember that it is only your interpretation of what you read. Try reading it with a different intonation, my friend. I want to see a good character skill trees too, but i also often have a different view on the characters, and i want to express that. Even if i know that Klei will not rework anything major. Well, enough about us, i'd like to see Winona mains sharing what they enjoy and what they would like to see changed
  21. so you want to ruin other people's fun for no reason? problem is that you might want to play as characters that aren't warly and winona for more than 10 total days during the entire late game
  22. I feel like her in game sprite could use a touch up.. It just looks off compared to her portrayal in trailers and skin art. Like maybe her hair curls need to be more emphasized cause it just looks like she has high cheekbones instead. I'd also adjust her chin so that it doesn't jut out as much Idk but her ingame sprite just falls flat for me and thats one reason i never play her
  1. Load more activity