All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have just "enjoyed" some sailing, to refresh why i don't like it. In this game, i simply tried to get a Knobbly tree seed. 1. Round thing which is called a boat here is not visually appealing. Also for convenience i have to build sails in the upper part of the boat, and not in the center, which only further ruins the visuals. 2. The boat is too small. It becomes littered with stuff, some of which look really out of place, like firepit. Actually, two firepits. And i was alone in the boat, with no cannons or fire extinguishers. Making us create multiple specialized boats is not good imo, and one clearly can't fit it all. 3. Wooden ore is too weak, driftwood ore is too strong. In most of the videos i saw, people didn't bother to build sails and just used driftwood ores. But i like my fingers too much to do the same. Also, i think that necessary clicks per minute should be reduced, in order to achieve same speed. It will feel more relaxed, natural and enjoyable as well. 4. Regular sail is too weak. Having one feels like you're crawling at turtle's speed, like your driftwood ore is faster. Having multiple sails on such small boats is ehh. Sailing with friends and having multiple sails to operate would be fun, but currently there is no need or interest to sail in company. 5. I can't see anything ahead. Maybe this is because i play at 1366p on a laptop, but while sailing i look at map more than i look at my boat. And i can't possibly dodge an obstacle at this rate, i can only throw an emergency anchor. While in most sailing games navigating around obstacles is part of the fun. 6. Too many sea stacks! I mean, i want to rush around the seas with 17 sails, but i'm afraid to use even 2, because i will ram into a rock any second. Shipwrecked had a wave-riding minigame, and here we have a hindrance and annoyance. 7. The boat is so fragile that it gets leaks all the time, especially considering issues mentioned above. Why can't i fortify it with wood, you know, before i go sailing? And when i get the sea materials, i'd like to make the boat even stronger - like being able to ram those stacks and give no facks. 8. I can't locate what i want. In SW there was a visual indication, which was enough to orient in the world. SW had spyglasses. Here i've spent 2 whole seasons (!) to swim all around one half of the world, dodging those damn stacks, only to find out that my waterlogged biomes all spawned on the other side of the world! And can i sail "through" the world, by some rivers? No, i have to either go around, or create another boat. Maybe make sailing better and turn the world into islands, like in SW? Or at least add rivers. 9. The sea is boring and lifeless. In SW there was a ton of mobs, both aggressive and friendly. All you do here is crawl through empty space and dodge sea stacks. But if i meet an aggressive mob, if i'm not prepared, i will have a lot of troubles getting away with those sails, i mean, turning around. So i'm kinda glad that there are few, but, you know, having empty sea is not a solution. 10. I hit the edge of the world like a wall. With no rivers / island system, why not let us teleport to the opposite side of the map? This describes not all there is to say, but at least basic seafaring experience. If that was DS's first experiment with water, that would be kinda ok. But you guys made the glorious Shipwrecked! No offense, but those people who designed DST water, then playtested it and thought that this is fun, should be banned from designing stuff.
  3. If you could apply any skin to the amulets it would lessen the problem I think, since you can choose to give certain amulets certain skins.
  4. Once a gif was put as the image so you could favorite it through discord and just repost the whole thing but it has been fixed
  5. Does moonquay and the lunar island's foods count? because stone fruit and bananas are imo one of the best foods in the game. Ive yapped a lot about ocean concepts and it usually comes down to adding some new plant or food to both add life to the place and a reward for being thorough and collecting every plant there is. Imo the ocean being a good source of food is a good idea and on theme with lunar and moonquay. Maybe the ocean could add even more ways to maximize farming, since growth formuler exists? Figs are a lot of effort for minimal use, It should need more crafting recipes than a gumbo that can fix your boat and grow trees. This is a cool idea, would be even cooler if it was possible to make a good sustainable base in the ocean so that it becomes an alternative to cave insulation.
  6. If you post an image on a klei post before the bot posts it, this happens.
  7. well wolfy is not the same as winona, other characteres like woodie have 3 alternatives to master, idk why winona cant be the same wolfy only true thing is damage while winona has more things to do. and i think she should have these 4 alternatives to combine, all characteres skill trees are like that, you can choose bernie's perks or magic fire perks or combine some of those. So you are giving an idea based on what you dont like visually? wow, please dont do that, she is not about something visual, catapults are really strong and perfect right now that you can kill bee queen on day 5 or 6 with them without much problem, they dont really need to be stronger or weaker. c:
  8. Sure, mate. I'll go fix my way of thinking right away, you've really opened my eyes here
  9. I thought we were going to talk about Nona's ideas for a skill tree...
  10. The main idea was just to reduce their number. I just don't like visually to see a ring of catapults. I'd prefer fewer buildings around generators, but with stronger effect for each, having a net neutral. Haven't seen your post, sadly. Well yeah, with a builder/engineer the possibilities are endless, but she can't have it all, while Wolfgang has only damage damage damage and no alternatives =)
  11. New mod loader script just dropped guys, mod priority sorting is supported now, you can get it on github, link is in my previous reply and also at the top of the original post.
  12. Very cool skin concepts! I would love Wagstaff to be added to DST he is my favorite character.
  13. Why would you need to be Wendy if you aren't currently fighting a group of enemies? Why would you need to be Wickerbottom if you already have 30 stacks of twigs, 30 stacks of grass, 50 bundles full of every perishable you could want, and tentacle traps set up everywhere you want them? The main benefit of those characters is gone, being them isn't helping you. No it doesn't. It means they're harder, and people gravitate towards easier characters. The only thing that needs fixing is your way of thinking.
  14. Today
  15. I can't agree with you here From what i see in game, all those characters are very underplayed. On public servers at least. But i see Warly and Walter at least sometimes, Wurt and Winona are the rarest. Which means, they all have problems that need fixing. And Wes is not a character =) He's just a "hard mode" of sorts, and with all those updates to other characters - a boring one. I really am looking forward to see his skill tree, but i hope it will be made last. Unless they're planning to make him interesting
  16. Although Klei hasn't fixed the issue yet I found a user on Reddit who found a workaround to the issue. Credit to: https://www.reddit.com/user/Nyachos/ 1. Stand a short distance from the trap with the captured rabbit, but close enough for it to prompt you with the "Pick Up" action. 2. Press A to cause your character to begin automatically running toward the trap to perform the action. Don't move the joystick. 3. While moving, you'll notice the prompt changes from "Pick Up" to "Check"; press the A button while en route to the trap to perform the "Check" action before your character finishes the "Pick Up" action. 4. If done successfully, you should pick up a rabbit from the trap.
  17. Thanks for your concern I’m working on it Honestly on second thought I might of exaggerated a bit I do have quite a lot of destain for humanity but there’s only 3 people I hate that much
  18. I'm a little skeptical about that right now. If this is true, from a narrative logic view, there is totally unnecessary for Klei to deliberately avoid to show Wagstaff turning off the projection in Host of Hrorror short and create a sense of mystery, because it was already revealed to player community in Wilson character short. On the other hand, we also have absolutely no clue as to the difference between that projector and the projection now used by Wagstaff. They look like they could be exactly the same things.
  19. "Fancy decor item" doesn't describe the requirements for the room "Fancy decor item" is referred to in the database as any decor building more or less But this is inaccurate since simply putting a decor item won't make the room a great hall I don't know when this change took place but I'm pretty sure it said "decor item of +20" previously and great hall still requires that. If the intention is for players to scratch their heads what "fancy" means until they realize it's a specific number, could you please have the info of that number somewhere along the way since it isn't referenced anywhere else apart from the requirements of the room. No other room requires "fancy"
  20. That's already true. Once you place the tentacle traps they stay there. Once you farm the feathers with BotW, you keep them. Once you make infinite resources with AS or AH, you keep them. Once you get a bunch of fish with TASG and put them somewhere they won't spoil (fishin' bin or bundling wrap), they stay there. Every single character is a "swap character", especially Wickerbottom & Wendy (swap to her to use her AoE to do whatever), two characters you list as being good characters who aren't "swap characters". More popular than Wurt, Warly, Walter, and Wes.
  21. clock healing, that way it decreases age by 16, which is enough to get out of old age even at 79, i could've also just made the clock heal for that amount but whatever
  22. I wonder why you don't just let her take 4× damage or just have 37.5 equivalent max health.
  23. Hiii Winona main here, its true that winona's mains doesnt have as much time to spare as people that like wendy but remember that wendy is a noob friendly character while winona with her slow crafting at low hunger can be hard for some people, so yep this post being empty makes sense to me. I agree with almost all you are posting here however i dont like the ideas of making generators and catapuls weaker, they are perfect. And i already made a post in the past talking about a good Nona skill tree but in summary i think Nona skill tree should be about 4 paths to choose or combine, The base builder, the gadgets creator, the blacksmith, and the tuned machinary.
  24. Well to living things it's harmless and things that are not plants
  25. Why, of course; lunar magic is completely harmless
  26. My friend and I have spent about 6 or 7 hours playing coop at my house in the last couple of days. He'd now like to pick up the game himself - is there any way he can keep the progress he's made on the character on my computer? Can I send him the save file or something like that? Thanks
  1. Load more activity