Water Sieve pipe blocked - help a noob out?

First time building a water sieve and I can't get it to work. It keeps saying the pipe is blocked at the water sieve but I only have one input and one output. Can't figure it out. See attached image.

Ignore the carbon skimmer in the middle, I detached it because I thought it was causing the blockage but it isn't.

Untitled.png

you've tried to connect a bridge to an output vent on the left... they're in the same tile, but aren't actually "connected" as I'm guessing you've not place a pipe section in that tile. Also that approach can have some weird flow effects.

So the sieve has processed one packet and outputted it into the green exit tile, but there is no flow, so it's sat there "blocking the pipe".

also as an aside, clean water into sieve causes damage, you'll want to filter that before feeding into the pipe 

(apparently that changed.... time to strip out the filters I guess :shock:)

1 hour ago, hpongledd said:

the bridge and vent causes it to block. It'll allow to build it, if the vent is builded after the bridge but wont work. If you now remove the bridge and try to reconstruct it at the same spot, you wont be able.

Close!

There needs to be a single tile of pipe at the end of the bridge. That will make the bridge "complete" and allow it to suck fluid packets towards itself.

1 hour ago, Father Latour said:

Close!

There needs to be a single tile of pipe at the end of the bridge. That will make the bridge "complete" and allow it to suck fluid packets towards itself.

im pretty sure i did this over a dozen times but ok ;)

@hpongleddIf you're running the preview branch, then this might be the issue:

• Various buildings are stricter about disallowing inputs and outputs to overlap, such as Heavi-Watt Joint Plates. These have never worked correctly, but now at least you won't be able to create new overlaps. If you correct any existing overlaps, a save/load will be required to put the game back into a consistent state.

Archived