How to deal with lack of ressources?

"Building lacks ressources". We all know it.

So, the question is, how to deal with it. We have smart compactors with output signal if full. But we dont have something with output signal with empty, to disable a rock crusher for example.

Is there a solution for this? Because its annoying, if one sets a rock crusher on a loop for lime, and then egg shells are currently not availlable.

I´m happy to hear your ideas.

56 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Is there a solution for this? Because its annoying, if one sets a rock crusher on a loop for lime, and then egg shells are currently not availlable.

I´m happy to hear your ideas.

You can make it with 1 smart compactor.

Remember that this building gives an "inactive" signal until it reach the set amount of material.

So you can set it to the amount of shell needed for the rock crusher, and simply link it to a buffer, and the buffer to the rock crusher. ;)

The smart compactor will then be load until you have 5 kg of shells. It will then throw an "active" signal to the buffer that will stay active for a while, so that you can crushed the egg shell into lime.

But honestly, you should simply ignore the "building lacks resource" signal. :p

I always have one for the algae distiller, and at a moment, you'll don't pay attention anymore, except when the number aside is changing. ;)

Buffer could be a good idea. The problem here may be, that the cusher is dupe-operated, so the buffer has to stay active until a dupe has finished the task... maybe with a preassure plate as hold and reset... have to take a look at this.

Yeah i could ignore it, but 1. it bothers me, and 2. its cluttering up, and i dont recognize something important has stopped.

The best solution would be to disable this message on certain buildings. But that is not ingame yet.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:07 PM, SharraShimada said:

Thats no solution, thats cheating :p

It's not always cheating. When your rocket returns, but isn't there and you rebuild it. That's not cheating. When the oxyidizer tank was set at 900kg and it loads 900kg of LOX and 1600kg of oxylite anyway and you ALT+Q that back to the farm. That's not cheating.

That oxy part is real ****ty. They have two separate tanks now, which further complicates things. I wish there was a more modular way to build rockets. Once you get the pluming for fuel setup it is easier to build another rocket than to modify that for shorter/longer missions or for different cargos.

Archived