Earthquakes?

Earthquakes - Maybe we can have a visible seismic/richter scale readout on the science/research computer buildings that hint upcoming earthquakes. Earthquakes could maybe damage wall tiles, pop out new vents and do other weird or horrible stuff not only to your colony but to the overall layout. Maybe also pop out hostile critters.

What's the point? Maybe some threat that can either bring somewhat good or bad to your base and the rest of the map. RNG magic some time. Maybe it could also pop out temporary vents of polluted water or so.

edit:

Or have an actual "Gravitas" machine causing the trouble. Maybe just as hidden as an AETN or any other vent.

This game really neeed some random events to broke the monotony.

Earthquakes would be a good thing. As you said it could damaged tiles, or make ground tiles to fall (not manufactured tiles)

Having some dangerous critters would also be great, so that we have to look out for ressources and duplicants safety. :)

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

Still doesn't work unless it has tectonic plates, which given [REDACTED] is highly unlikely.

We only see a small part of the surface.

There could be different "plates". ;)

It could also be caused by a massive meteor impacting the ground outside of the map. ;) 

But has @Daxterr said, it's not very important if it's not reallistic.

Just now, Gwido said:

With gravity ? :D

Given that the densest materials would still be at the bottom, yes. Although not nearly as much as we're used to. But then, we have nothing to compare what we see to; it might already be much less.

I'd still assume gravity and heat and all that causing the earthquakes. Tectonic plate shifts or not, there is certainly more going on through the layers of the asteroid's purgatory (lol). 

Or have an actual "Gravitas" machine causing the trouble. Maybe just as hidden as an AETN or any other vent.

I think it's too bad for players to experience the existence of earthquakes, but it would be interesting if there were any planets that we could go to that would have these events. The spatial update was very good, but I still wish we could inhabit the other comets. (Translate Google sksksk)

If the team adds earthquakes, it will be set on late game, after cycle 100, at least. ;)

Maybe your a new player. But once you'll be used to the game mechanics, you'll want something to do will waiting for you rocket to return to the base. :D

18 hours ago, TG pro said:

The moon has earthquakes called moonquakes

Reminds me when i played Offworld Trading Company and i encountered an ioquake. I was confused for quite a few seconds to what that means.

Maybe call them astroquakes or [insert your base name here]quakes.

Archived