Why you should try adventure mode !

L0stLP

I went through the 5 Levels of the adventure mode, and found the differences from sandbox mode. Some levels lack certain resources or Biomes, while others have things that you don't even see in Sandbox Mode. Level 2 had the most impressive unique feature in my impression.

Below there are fully discovered maps(I destroyed spider dens along the way), what sandbox mode would have had and they do not. And what is strictly unique for that level.

Level 1:

BEGINNING

Posted Image

(the trail of saplings was placed by me)

1.What it lacks:

-Rockyland Biome

-Tall Birds

2.What it has unique:

-The swamp is tone down to a minimum(I did not get enough materials for the feather hat)

-It has a lot less spider dens

4.Picture

-when I leave:

Posted Image

Level 2:

FORTS

Posted Image

1.What it lacks:

-Pig King

-Swamp Biome

-Mosaic Biome

-Tall Birds

2.What it has unique:

-Forts (forest)

(Fire Pit, Wood Wall, Wooden flooring and on first day there was either a drumstick or a pumpkin in them)

-Traps (forest)

3.From Now on:

-Multiple Spider Dens spawn together in the Rockyland

4.Picture

-forts and traps:

Posted Image

Level 3:

SWAMPS

Posted Image

(the trail of saplings was placed by me)

1.What it lacks:

-Beefaloo

-Mosaic Biome

-Tall Birds

2.What it has unique:

-not much, there is a Big Graveyard

3.From Now on:

-Swamps are Bigger and with spiders

-a lot more spiders in the forest

Level 4:

SIGNS OF PREVIOUS HUMAN ACTIVITY

Posted Image

1.What it lacks:

-Pig King

-Mosaic Biome

-it has trees but a lot less than normal

2.What it has unique:

-Tall Birds (Well it does)

-The swamp has a lot more spider dens than usual

-A entire island has all the trees Burned and a existing fire pit

-A forest has all the trees chopped

3.From Now on:

-Small portions of Hay Wall in Pig Villages

- a few Warrior spiders since day one, on small marsh grounds

4.Picture

-burned forest and tall bird

Posted Image

-cut down forest:

Posted Image

-hey wall:

Posted Image

-spider warriors on day one

Posted Image

Level 5:

SWAMP, SPIDERS AND KILLER BEES

http://i.imgur.com/RqM9v2h.jpg

1.What it lacks:

-most berry bushes are in Pig villages

-Tall Birds

2.What it has unique:

-starting sections has barely anything in it and is close to the swamp

-killer bees spawn on the island where the bee hives are, they sleep at night and do not go back to hives

-swamp trees are outside of the swamp

-there are four pig villages

4.Picture

-swamp plants

http://i.imgur.com/kUWKexT.jpg

After Level 5:

you go in another level 5 map

• Like 1

I'm pretty impressed that they managed to make the worlds reasonably distinct for this bare-bones, very first attempt at the implementation of Adventure Mode.

Just imagine what the worlds will look like in a few updates when they've had enough time to turn more dials and knobs and change some numbers around to really make each world unique and challenging.

I think they are not the same all the time. I have another adventure map at slot 4, I can say there is a lot of rocks, spider dens and beehives there. The other one at slot 1 is almost the same as yours.I like the new maps. So much better than the old ones.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's a mosaic biome?

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Biome A condensed mixture of biomes in the game. Mosaic "biomes" are observably rare, and contain a random patchwork of all other biomes within them. A signature of the Mosaic biome is the presence of several small holes of ocean, identical to the edges of islands, in the appearance of a circular shape or other obscure polygon. Mosaic biomes would make excellent homes, if not for the uncommonness of signature biome benefits, such as tallbirds and beefalo, due to the considerably small area of each biome region.

That is the best part, if they wold all be the same were will the surprise be.I just made a evaluation of my experience.

I hope you got a better map ;)Sure, they can't be the same. The world generation was created to be randomic.

It seems adventure modes follows a kind of trend on the lacking/abundance of resource sources (including creatures); I'm on my 6th adventure mode and for the first time on the 1st world I have found 2 tallbird nests + their tallbird spawn the main difference that I found was that the original beefalo count (generally 3 to 4) was just 2, could have missed one, less beehives and a lot more spider dens in that specific run. The map generation clearly follows some rules over what spawns in what world level but there's a bit of leisure in it hence the tallbirds found. Don't know the conditions though, I would need way more adventure runthroughs (only played adventure after adventure until death/reaching lvl 5) to have a feeling if it follows some kind cota or if it's a sheer percentage of chances to have xyz resource/creature appearing and what not.

I just transferred to World 4 after winter update.No pigs, no beefalos, 2 tallbirds ...only meat source seems to be the koelefant ;Dseems like ill have to fill up on Honey ... stomache ache!Yes there are like hundreds of bee hives. And basically no roads, except a small circle.The only amusing thing i found was the part of the mashine in a circle of flowers ...post-6190-13764591483508_thumb.jpglucky i took some gold and lots of manure with me >:D