Make the key to the city work in RoG and SW.

Today's patch fixed many things, including the crash that would happen if you bring the key to the city to other worlds than hamlet.

After the patch I was really happy to see that you can now bring the key to the city to RoG or SW. Only to be disappointed that the city planning crafting doesn't work. I really wish that in the future that the city planning tab is compatible with RoG and SW. If it did, end game for don't starve would be one of the best in video game industry imo.

City planning being a portable station really feel like a wasted opportunity to me. 

KVvFGyB.jpg

(For those unaware, you can either hold the key or be near it for it to work)

I am however aware of the technical reasons on why it was chosen to be this way:

- The shop and building interior system doesn't work and is/or incompatible with how RoG and SW are handled. 

- The villagers and guards + bandit system currently isn't compatible with RoG and SW.

If you read this Klei, I hope you will take this under consideration at least. Cheers.

38 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Might I ask how you got the materials to build your Skyworthy there?

This is mostly a test world save file I use. So here I just used console commands to have "creative mode". Sorry that I got your hopes up about obtaining a can of silly string in rog though.

6 hours ago, mr.Hazard said:

I was gonna make a post myself about this issue. I was under the impression that I eventually could Colonize an island i SW and call it "New newfoundland" T___T

The problem is exactly SW. Let me explain:

As far as I understand, the rooms inside the shop and your house(s) are stored far away in the black parts of the map. This is why the 4 islands that constitute hamlet are generated in a curved fashion: to create a larger black space to store the rooms in. Including caves and ruins.

This could be somewhat worked around with in RoG. However the problem start with shipwrecked since there is no black void in a shipwrecked map.

7 hours ago, Atsumame said:

As far as I understand, the rooms inside the shop and your house(s) are stored far away in the black parts of the map. This is why the 4 islands that constitute hamlet are generated in a curved fashion: to create a larger black space to store the rooms in. Including caves and ruins.

This could be somewhat worked around with in RoG. However the problem start with shipwrecked since there is no black void in a shipwrecked map.

It seemed to work fine when I spawned a Sterling Trough Deli in SW using the console, so I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work...

3 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

It seemed to work fine when I spawned a Sterling Trough Deli in SW using the console, so I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work...

Are you sure you actually spawned the right prefab? Because for most of the of the city planning crafting there's two version of each structure. 

Ex: pig_shop_hatshop and pig_shop_hatshop_placer.

The placer version of everything is almost inert and doesn't function properly.

I tried spawning in SW most of the actual shops and it result in crashes or destroyed save files.

11 hours ago, Wyulliam said:

I thought that was alread a thing, city planning in other games, since you can world hop with the Key.

Please! I want my own city on RoG!

Yeah it's really misleading that city planning is tied to a portable crafting station. I spent the entirety of the closed beta (which I wasn't a participant of by the way) speculating and planning what I could do with it in the other worlds.

On 15/11/2018 at 6:32 AM, Atsumame said:

Maybe make them all a seperate world for space.

Archived