About Warrior Wigfrid’s icon..

Alright, I CAN’T be the only one who finds it a tad bit confusing that Klei once again ignored implementing a Pith Spike spear skin for Wigfrid’s Battle Spear. It just seems kind of disappointing to see that they’d overlook the fact that most people would like to possibly use the Pith skin to match with her Warrior outfit, only to find out it’s on a downgraded version of her weapon.

10 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*when I don't care but i don't want to be mean*

Please post it in the forge forum?

Ah, sorry, just seemed like a topic that might be in general since Wigfrid doesn’t exactly have any battle spear skins at all. Figured it would’ve been more outside of the range of the forge, but my bad!

Its annoying that Klei went out of their way to make a skin for Wickerbottom (Gilded: The End is Nigh! book, afaik, does not appear at all in the Forge) but go out of their way to make sure that Wigfrid (Who has exclusive items designed for her in the Forge, Pith Pike, Spiral Spear and I think Nox Helmet) doesn't get any skins. At least these items re-skinning Wigfrid's unique craftables could be used by other players, unlike The End is Nigh: which can only be used by Wicker and Maxwell.

I understand that they probably make more money selling Spear skins than unique character skins but this was extremely disappointing. They even had to make artwork for the Fire/Ice staff Spiral Spear and Pith pike which requires extra development time and resources (which they could have potentially used to give us the full cast for Hallowed Nights!). It would have taken less effort for Klei to make these Wigfrid skins but Klei chose not too.

Honestly, even if they simply made it so the skin worked on both spears AND battle spears (Maybe make a slight difference, like battle spear made of gold) I'd be happy. It'd also increase the value of the skin, if they were to make marketable versions with this same concept.

Just sayin'

17 minutes ago, Auth said:

Honestly, even if they simply made it so the skin worked on both spears AND battle spears (Maybe make a slight difference, like battle spear made of gold) I'd be happy.

I'm agreed with this.

A slight difference like keep the orange "pointy sides" for Battle Spear and put gray pointy sides for Spear.

24 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

I'm agreed with this.

A slight difference like keep the orange "pointy sides" for Battle Spear and put gray pointy sides for Spear.

Honestly, anything would be good enough, it just angers me that Wigfrid has such amazing skins but NEVER any Spears or helmets to go along with them! You can’t use the rose spear skin on a battle spear, and that would’ve been PERFECT for the rosette set! 

I think some of the concern might lie in the fact that once they started doing character specific items in the convenient situations, it might become a slippery slope where the community will freak out if not every particular item type receives the character specific treatment for the sets. I'm not saying this is particularly a good line of logic or even accurate, but it's at least something they've probably considered as an unintended consequence.

Although this certainly didn't stop them from giving Wicker a custom book but whatever, she clearly needs more good stuff anyways. /s

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Wicker is a special case. They had the assets for a book and there's only one place to put a skin like that.

So that means other characters aren’t allowed to have character specific skins for their equipment? Because the Pith Pike (the actual item, not the skin)can only be fallen when Wigfrid is in a Forge match, which would allude to one thinking it’s her own weapon, yet Klei implemented it as a skin that only can be used on a downgraded version of her weapon. It just doesn’t seem exactly fair to all other player’s with character specific items that Wickerbottom is the only one with an item that has a reskin...

1 hour ago, SomeWilsonMain said:

I get that, but it still just doesn’t seem exactly fair that one character gets a ‘special case’.

Tell that to Klei maybe?

What Zeklo underlined is we already have a precedent with Wicker's book skin, aka character-specific skin. Wigfrid and pike/helm would've been spot-on in same vein.

22 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Wicker is a special case. They had the assets for a book and there's only one place to put a skin like that.

Wigfrid is a special case too. They had the assets for Battle spear skin's and no assets for Fire/Ice Staff skins (which a Spear skin would require.). They added assets to specifically make this a Spear skin.

Also the assets Klei had for Wickerbottom's skin use a texture for a book that literally did not exist in the Forge. Edit: Apparently it does exist and I was wrong about this.

Personally I am very annoyed Klei went out of their way to give Wicker a skin (which is totally cool) but went out of their way to make sure Wigfrid didn't get a skin (which is not very nice.)

5 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

Wigfrid is a special case too.

No she really isn't. If you're going to use the book assets for a skin you have 1 choice. If you're going to use spear assets you have 2 choices. That was my point.

The fact that there's a single situation does not set a precedence for the dozens of other character items which could potentially be reskinned. To be quite frank that's more work than what we realistically can expect and even if it'd be really nice it's not realistic. Wicker's custom skin was no more than a mere coincidence of convenience, I guarantee you. The spears being wig specific, however while certainly convenient, are not as enticing as if marketed for every character. 

To clarify, if there had been a way to market wicker's book skin to everyone I'm almost certain klei would have taken it. The only reason it's "character specific" is purely because it's impossible to not make it character specific.

9 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Well, let's see: people don't wish make the Pith Pike skin EXCLUSIVE for Wigfrid, they just want make it AVAILABLE for Battle Spear along with Spear.

It can't be done?

20181114_034548.png

It could be done, but it would need to be altered so that the battle spear uses a unique variant. Klei have said before that they think it’s important for unique items to have distinct looks.

Now, I’m all in favour of this being done, but it would mean that every spear skin would have to be four different skins. Klei have actually been incredibly  generous with how much free content they’ve given, so I’m not mad if the man hours just aren’t there.

The helmets would probably be the easier option to tweak; just change the horns to gold and add a unicorn at the top.

Archived