Reason to renovate houses

Im sure a few folks have griped about this, but really. Houses have to have some reason to renovate. For instance, I just spend ~80 oincs on things and I get nothing in return. My suggestion is that there is a sanity regen depending on the price of furniture

Maybe every once in a while you more awards you the "Better Hooves and Garden" award or in the least give you something sort of oinc award for renovating what was basically a run down shack before you started making improvements. Also, it doesn't really make sense that you do suffer a sanity drain from having a house in the first place. I always figured the sanity drain in the other worlds came from your player being stuck out in the wilderness, in these foreign worlds. You would think that actually being in some sort of civilized society, with a roof over your head world at least prevent this, if not providing some sort of non-game breaking sanity gain from it. Still, even without a reason, I have still renovated my place to what I think would be the style of the character that I play. When I have the spare oincs, that is.

I think that if you'd make the different furnitures and the different house items (not all though) give some sort of a small sanity gain (the more expensive the item, the slightly more sanity you'd gain), and I do mean a very small sanity gain (considering you'd have a lot of these items inside your house, you wouldn't want to make it too overpowered), would make them more favourable to build/purchase.

Somebody also mentioned rain leaking inside of the house if it's not renevated, and that could be another factor that could be added in. Maybe even the light inside of the house goes off if you don't fix the leak whilst it's raining?

That way, you'd already have two items that you could build/buy to counter the seasons inside of your house. (house renevation for humid season, fan for lush season. nothing for temperate as it's basically autumn from vanilla ds)

Archived