What's the one tip you'd give people for Hamlet?

OK so I wasn't bad at Don't Starve, 100 or so cycles in then get too chicken to die and stop playing that base >.> BUT I could at least get to 100 or cycles. But Hamlet is taking me to school and I'm running into major issues before cycle 20, the last game the swarm of like 8 bats came when I had 0 sanity and that was kind of the end of it for me.

So basically I'm looking for the major tips of what maybe I'm missing.

Thanks guys!

kill the guards using fire, you'll get a log suit that way, but the meat will be cooked (no raw meat = no jerky)
hit it with torch, wait until fire is gone, repeat 4 more times, and the guard will be dead
fight them at dusk to get halberds with 100% durabbillity
dont ever fight them near anything flameable,, if you are using torch
and if you are webber, dont ever place your spider den near guard pigs
actually, dont place your spider den, until you have found a really good spot for it.

3 hours ago, metallichydra said:

kill the guards using fire, you'll get a log suit that way, but the meat will be cooked (no raw meat = no jerky)
hit it with torch, wait until fire is gone, repeat 4 more times, and the guard will be dead
fight them at dusk to get halberds with 100% durabbillity
dont ever fight them near anything flameable,, if you are using torch
and if you are webber, dont ever place your spider den near guard pigs
actually, dont place your spider den, until you have found a really good spot for it.

Ah this explains how I got a log suit from a guard once, I thought it was just a random low percentage drop. Your strategy makes fighting the guards even easier. 

1 hour ago, RazingHel said:

Ah this explains how I got a log suit from a guard once, I thought it was just a random low percentage drop. Your strategy makes fighting the guards even easier. 

the fewer times you hit them, the higher % does the dropped armor have
same for axe, except its how many times the guard try to hit you that counts, which is why its best fighting them at dusk
dont know if they can drop pig skin if they die by fire, or if it turns to ashes.
but the log suit dont turn to ashes, i hope its intended.

actually, the halberds loose durabillity when used by guards, even if they dont hit you.
dont know if there's a minimum durabbillity or the dropped halberd.

21 minutes ago, RazingHel said:

Any pigskins dropped have turned to ash for me, I took on an entire town so I think that's a fairly good sample size. 

4 80 - 90% log suits (cant remember exact %) or 1 100% football helmet
what you choose depends on the situation, but i would rather  go for 4 logsuits
also, it feels more safe hitting them 5 times with torch, instead of 16 with halberd

On 10/19/2018 at 7:08 PM, zzKratoszz said:

Day 1 find 2 flint. Hop into the cave with 2 pillars and mine the rock for your first gold.

This is a nice discovery, thanks :D XD thought the batcaves were empty at first

- play as wickerbottom
 - make the ball pein hammer 
 - look for statues
 - chisel them all for relics
 - sell off relics.
 - at this point i also dk what to do with oincs. use spend them on tools before a house i guess...?
 - take care!
20181021210837_1.thumb.jpg.7e8a340be7b2b05a838103945ceb4879.jpg

Archived