THE FLIPPING SPACE FORCE FIELD!!!

Has anyone else noticed that there is a flipping FORCE FIELD IN SPACE around that planet in the new ONI animated short!!!

Right at 1:30 a rock gets closer to the planet and it gets vaporized by a FORCE FIELD. I am going crazy! I just want to know what the lore is for this game!

Also, the planet looks like earth right? I can sorta see the continents... I know its not a perfect earth but this could be in the future!

Does anyone have any theories or ideas? Cause I sure don't.

CaptureA.PNG

CaptureB.PNG

CaptureC.PNG

CaptureC.PNG

..."I just want to know what the lore is for this game!"

Well, I would say the Lore is what and how the developer defines it. IMHO they could have Bathtubs, TV`s, Pink Unicorns and talking Toasters running or flying through the game - I dont care as long its all great fun for the players.

As a small developer with limited resources, they have to create some limitations in the game/lore.

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

Hey now, we had that whole Brexit dust up.  Didn't they leave Europe?  I thought that's what happened....

Ah, not yet. They are currently hard at work to make that leaving process as destructive to themselves as possible. Talk about being suicidal. I mean, who in their right mind leaves a large free-trade area? These are things you try hard to get into, not things you leave.

In case someone DOESN'T want to read ahead, the following was based on Cycle 35 entry and "Evacuation Notice" and "Revisited Numbers" and "Initial Success" and ""Broken Elevator".

Spoiler

The printing pod requires an "insane amount of power". If that large power source were to become unstable and "meltdown" "more than a dozen floors down", the resulting explosion would likely send a large chuck of a the planet into space.

As confirmed in the Cycle 35 report, our home asteroid is actually that piece of mass missing from the broken planet.

So the force field is surrounding our original home planet, or more specifically, the planet from which the Gravitas facility originated.

Now for two theories

1) Citing "Moved Rats" and "Re: Have you seen this?" and "Spittin' Image" (a realistic, non-feel-good theory)

Spoiler

The questionable rise of research giant, doing genetic research - as Stinky put it "no good comes of odd mirror men bobbin' around in secret tubes". And then even the director's response to the unusual looking rats, "They were horrible to look at anyways. All those bumps".

If people found out what Gravitas was doing and was afraid of it, and realized that a large part of the facility was floating around in space, they may construct a force field in order to keep out whatever biological mutations have run rampant and may be eager to return to the planet and consume the last remnants of life.

Little do they know that our monstrosities enjoy playing video games, dancing, painting, and eating pepper bread.

2) Citing "Re: Objectionable Request" and "Revisited Numbers" (a dystopian theory)

Spoiler

With limited resources, people become greedy. Having the ability to exert temporary control over printed subjects one could create an army (in only .87 seconds). With greed and power, that person could imprison everyone else. Even as much as creating a force field to keep those prisoners from escaping and perpetuating their rule.

Enter our squeaky heroes to help save humanity from oppression.

On 20/10/2018 at 3:08 AM, Gurgel said:

Ah, not yet. They are currently hard at work to make that leaving process as destructive to themselves as possible. Talk about being suicidal. I mean, who in their right mind leaves a large free-trade area? These are things you try hard to get into, not things you leave.

+1 for free trade, it would be great to have a resource trade portal in the game :)

Archived