Why no background information?

This entry is not going to ask why my graphics are being spazzy, or how to unlock a certain item, but I'm wondering if someone who has something to do with the creation of this game could give me some answers. I feel the need to know some background information about a character before I get into a game. And all the games I've ever really played have an intro, which usually explains the game or whats going on, and Don't Starve does not. I get attached to some of the characters I play with and I feel like I can't get attached to Willow or Wilson, because I know nothing about them. (Aside from knowing he's a scientist that can grow a beard.) Thats nice to know, but I want to know so much more. When you start the game you get an screen with a few options, then a few more, and then your thrown into the game knowing nothing more than that some guy named Maxwell thinks you need to find some food. And maybe thats how the creators want it, they want you to feel like the charcter, completely cluless about your surroundings and situation. I just wish the characters had more of a bio. Or something that tells you whats happening. So here are some qustions I would like answered. - Who is Maxwell and why is he special? - Why did Maxwell put you here and not someone else? - Is this island hell or pugatory? - Is Maxwell **** or some demon that controls the island?If anyone agrees that its too vague please comment and give your opinion on my questions. And if you wonder other things please share. And if someone could tell me I would love to know.

The less you know , the better your life becomes.I am the ONLY person who knows the truth about maxwell , Wilson and many others , I am the true antagonist behind the plot , I am...Your worst nightmare , the thing you've always dreaded to see from the second you were born , I am... To Be Continued.

I notice all your questions seem to be about Maxwell more than the player characters' backgrounds. On that line I can say that the assumption mostly seems to be that Maxwell is meant to be a mystery at the beginning, and that we might hopefully discover more about him during the course of story mode, which has begun to be implemented in this past update and might be put in bit-by-bit more up until official release.

Personally, I sort of want to know more about the player characters. But I'll admit we're given just enough about each for me to have kind of come up with my own supposed backstory for most of them - at least the ones I play most.

True, but it just bugs me that its so vague. But I guess thats the idea.

I'm surprised someone actually wants to know the background information behind the game!One of the biggest charms from the game stems from the "unknown". You can get a grip of their personalities by "listening" to their reactions; examination to be exact. Maxwell is the only antagonist, so it's speculated that he is the "evil" one.You have to learn about the game yourself, try researching the official page, or listen to some interviews.

Once Story/Adventure Mode is more fleshed out (closer to release), we'll start seeing some of this info come out. Until then, all we know is that the characters have a basic theme to them, and that Maxwell is (presumably) the Big Bad that Put Us Here (Somehow).

This entry is not going to ask why my graphics are being spazzy, or how to unlock a certain item, but I'm wondering if someone who has something to do with the creation of this game could give me some answers. I feel the need to know some background information about a character before I get into a game. And all the games I've ever really played have an intro, which usually explains the game or whats going on, and Don't Starve does not. I get attached to some of the characters I play with and I feel like I can't get attached to Willow or Wilson, because I know nothing about them. (Aside from knowing he's a scientist that can grow a beard.) Thats nice to know, but I want to know so much more. When you start the game you get an screen with a few options, then a few more, and then your thrown into the game knowing nothing more than that some guy named Maxwell thinks you need to find some food. And maybe thats how the creators want it, they want you to feel like the charcter, completely cluless about your surroundings and situation. I just wish the characters had more of a bio. Or something that tells you whats happening. So here are some qustions I would like answered. - Who is Maxwell and why is he special? - Why did Maxwell put you here and not someone else? - Is this island hell or pugatory? - Is Maxwell **** or some demon that controls the island?If anyone agrees that its too vague please comment and give your opinion on my questions. And if you wonder other things please share. And if someone could tell me I would love to know.

Just try to use shift click to see what your character says about things in the environment. The character's aren't that fleshed out ingame though, the extra details are contained as what other people have said in what the devs of this game have said about them. I have a feeling these details will be more elaborated once this game gets closer to completion, with the development of adventure mode and story 'n such.

I'm surprised someone actually wants to know the background information behind the game!One of the biggest charms from the game stems from the "unknown". You can get a grip of their personalities by "listening" to their reactions; examination to be exact. Maxwell is the only antagonist, so it's speculated that he is the "evil" one.You have to learn about the game yourself, try researching the official page, or listen to some interviews.

I still think Maxwell is the good guy!