"Enable all" and "Disable all" mod check boxes on mods menu

Personally I don't think an "enable all" button would be necessary, because I don't think it would make sense to enable truly all mods. Especially if some of them are incompatible. 

However, a "disable all" button would be more than welcome. I like Lumina's suggestion even more, presets would be just amazing! Please do that Klei! :)

• Developer
7 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Personally I don't think an "enable all" button would be necessary, because I don't think it would make sense to enable truly all mods. Especially if some of them are incompatible. 

I think it makes sense in the Client Mods context where most users are going to have all of their client mods active all the time. Disabling them all, and re-enabling them with single buttons clicks would likely be helpful when testing of disabling of mods when they run into issues.

2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

I think it makes sense in the Client Mods context where most users are going to have all of their client mods active all the time. Disabling them all, and re-enabling them with single buttons clicks would likely be helpful when testing of disabling of mods when they run into issues.

That makes sense. Maybe it's just me who has quite a lot (client) mods but uses only a few of them (firstly because I play more or less vanilla and secondly because there are incompatible mods, like multiple language mods or all those good music mods! :D )

• Developer
4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

That makes sense. Maybe it's just me who has quite a lot (client) mods but uses only a few of them (firstly because I play more or less vanilla and secondly because there are incompatible mods, like multiple language mods or all those good music mods! :D )

Thanks for the feedback!

8 hours ago, PeterA said:

I like your art. We'll look into it :)

ty xD

This feature is necessary really if you like to test different mods or if you play different server mods for different worlds.

Other suggested ideas in this thread are also really cool:

- Mod's lists/presets

- Search bar

Although I think OP's idea can at least alleviate the main issue, which is that we don't have any way of sorting mods in the mods menu. 

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

Not only for Client mods, but also for different worlds with different server mods sets. It's easier to unclick the mods you don't need, than clicking all the mods you need, which can be a lot in a heavily modded playthrough.

• Developer
18 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not only for Client mods, but also for different worlds with different server mods sets. It's easier to unclick the mods you don't need, than clicking all the mods you need, which can be a lot in a heavily modded playthrough

Understood. Yeah, currently you have to re-select all the mods when starting a new world.

Archived