Dark Sword damage and amount of uses in here!

The Dark Sword does 87,5 damage per hit and has 100 uses, and it drains 3 sanity per minute while wielding.It doesn't seem do any more damage than it's 87,5 against the Crawling Horror or the Terrorbeak.Compared to the spears 50 and the tentacle spikes 75, it is the strongest weapon in the game.Check the wiki page here: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Sword(I just added the info to it, if you see something that isn't right, write it in the comments on the page please!)

just a heads up, it says on the swamp monster page that a tentacle spike is the strongest in the game. someone want to kill a tentacle using a dark sword and wolfgang?

I'm not completely sure whenever the dark sword is more effective, or if the tentacle spike is.My question: Is the dark sword the strongest weapon? How should the weapon be used?

Hits to kill a werepig- Dark sword 3 Tentacle spike 4Hits to kill a crawling horror- Dark sword 7 Tentacle spike 8Hits to kill spiderqeen- Dark sword 15 Tentacle spike 17Hits to kill a treeguard- Darksword 23 Tentacle spike 27So things with high hp is easier to kill with the dark sword, everything else is kind of the same as tentacle spike.This is with normal characters, with wolfgang he hits for a whooping 131.25 per hit with the dark sword.

The sanity combination that seems to be a bit unfortunate is the Night Armor & the Dark Sword together. & it's more to carry, so putting my eggs in the Dark Sword basket. What's dead doesn't often kill you. &--just a weirdism--why "Dark" Sword & "Night" Armor...Why not "Dark" all the way--including "Dark Light"--for a nice genre of equipment/items?

Night Armor and Dark Sword standing near a Night Light was the only feasible way for me to test insanity since it's been nerfed to Krampusness because the game is too hand hold-y.. Despite being advertised as no hands holding.. I understand tweaking values and that this is still beta.. but.. seriously? I must actively go out of my way to see this stuff as soon as "hotfixes" are released.. I also realise I might be one of the veterans having been playing Don't Starve far longer than I've been frequenting the forums.. So my opinion might not matter..I really hope Krampus and Insanity become something to actually worry about again very very soon..

Night Armor and Dark Sword standing near a Night Light was the only feasible way for me to test insanity since it's been nerfed to Krampusness because the game is too hand hold-y.. Despite being advertised as no hands holding.. I understand tweaking values and that this is still beta.. but.. seriously? I must actively go out of my way to see this stuff as soon as "hotfixes" are released.. I also realise I might be one of the veterans having been playing Don't Starve far longer than I've been frequenting the forums.. So my opinion might not matter..I really hope Krampus and Insanity become something to actually worry about again very very soon..

I heard they where possibly gonna remove naughtiness and make Krampus come for some other reason...

Are you all SURE it is 3 per minute and not 3 per second? I don't have the blasted save anymore, but I am pretty sure it drains the sanity at a much more rapid rate than 3 per minute. You will go nuts with either sword or the armor in a matter of minute and I will go back into the game right now to test it. [MENTION=4346]Isaacg[/MENTION] is probably right about the damage values, but I'm pretty sure his Sanity is off (lol).I have no idea where this 3/min value came from, but I just went into the game and timed it. You lose 20 Sanity per minute (!) when this sword is equipped. Which basically means that you lose 1 Sanity per every 3 seconds.

Edited by QuickSaveTV
Confirmed