Portable Restroom With Liquid Reservoir

My friend gave me the inspiration to create a restroom with liquid reservoir.

Spoiler

5ba5d13c325f5_ScreenShot2018-09-21at10_46_31PM.thumb.png.fc35ddb669ea14acf2ecc64be9f59153.png

5ba5d1328583d_ScreenShot2018-09-21at10_46_44PM.thumb.png.6c45fa9697db2fb3c44df054e328e20a.png

liquid saves the power for water pumping, and thermo aquatuner kills the heat, and the area can be maintained in constant temperature.

The only problem I can think of is the extra water that will eventually overload the system.

And I discovered a new thing:

You can cut thermo aquatuner's power usage by half theoretically.

Its power usage is proportional to time, not liquid processed. And water sieve output water in 5kg package. I used some logic gates to allow water to merge and cut more than 40% of aquatuner's power usage.

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Its power usage is proportional to time, not liquid processed. And water sieve output water in 5kg package. I used some logic gates to allow water to merge and cut more than 40% of aquatuner's power usage.

Or you can use the AT for more than just the toilets... but the reservoir is a nice buffer anyhow :wilson_laugh:

On the other hand. If you have like 15dupes and manage to organise their schedule to where they just use the toilet one after another this is for sure a good design.

Or, you can just, use abys pipes, or ceramic isolated pipes keep water temperature at 40C while the entire area still 20~30C.

Just saying dupes have no stress or debuff at 40C, so complete isolated restroom if you cant build isolated pipes.

Use 1200W of power is a waste and, serve no purpose other than lagging the game at all.

Sadly i just deleted my save file by accident, but this is how you get the extra water out of the system:

image.png.501f607747a601e933e77578d55e5896.png

Nice idea :)

But there's no need of a water tank, once the pipe that supply clean water is full. ;)

2 hours ago, goatt said:

The only problem I can think of is the extra water that will eventually overload the system.

You can solve this very easely with a bridge placed after the output of the water sieve, like this way ;) 

20180922101455_1.thumb.jpg.2a0f35c2267e294db7be9c301a3a319c.jpg 

At the output of the water sieve, the liquid bridge as the priority. So the water will flow in the supply pipe.

And once the pipe is full anew, the water will go the other way. ;)

2 hours ago, tranoze said:

Or, you can just, use abys pipes, or ceramic isolated pipes keep water temperature at 40C while the entire area still 20~30C.

Just saying dupes have no stress or debuff at 40C, so complete isolated restroom if you cant build isolated pipes.

Use 1200W of power is a waste and, serve no purpose other than lagging the game at all.

Sadly i just deleted my save file by accident, but this is how you get the extra water out of the system:

image.png.501f607747a601e933e77578d55e5896.png

Yeah, normally, but I'm just being creative. plus every solution has its ons and offs, this ranks up to my fav rn.

2 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Or you can use the AT for more than just the toilets... but the reservoir is a nice buffer anyhow :wilson_laugh:

On the other hand. If you have like 15dupes and manage to organise their schedule to where they just use the toilet one after another this is for sure a good design.

i know right, this little package can fits somewhere else like skimmer, which is better cuz no extra water produced.

Unfortunately, my Mac can only handle dupes up to 7,8. at x1 speed, still sometimes my game will show bugs like 5 dupes running one manual generator at the same time lmao

Very nice goatt. For me the aquatuner is to much. I prefer to use that power to cool water to the future wheat farm.

This is my cleaning water, for toilet solution:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ab6123f4ea40f462bc008b942498d034.png

image.thumb.png.517dab70ea353705061d4a717ca366f8.png

image.thumb.png.bcb617b841a9581632afac5de7a8d2c6.png

image.thumb.png.c6e30984b391df78ec7985604e51bf98.png

Water is going trough the water sleeve, is filtered and goes to the reservoir for germ decontamination. On the exit if is germ free goes to the supply water pipe, if not back to the reservoir. The germ sensor do all the work whit the liquid valve. The third liquid valve remove the excess of water. It doesn't mater if is germ free or not. It goes to the oxygen production... That valve is commanded by the temp sensor and the liquid sensor. If is water outside the liquid reservoir and the time sensor is active then it remove the excess water.

Next will be my 1 degree water reservoir for the future sweet wheat farm.

I have to agree with you on Aquatuner using too much power. But in my last save, I discovered if I never let natural gas geyser over pressure, then I was able to support 2 Aquatuner running full time (well not exactly full time, more like 4 nat gas generator can run full time and all my appliance were well support, and I have plenty of extra for 2 Aquatuners to run their job). But anyway, after that I think I’m no longer afraid of using it for its power hunger.

i also always fancy the idea of an electrical AC cooking system. Just never made it work elegantly. This one is definitely one step towards that. Plus it’s portability means fewer entangled pipes above my water pool.

i have to say that it’s genius to use reservoir to buffer water for wheat. So neat.

i had been thinking reservoirs were so useless lol. Now I see their true values.

i have a question, it’s like a myth to me. I know germs getting into dupes’ system feels disgusting, but none of the germs actually threatened their survival, why everyone seems so interested in finding ways to kill germs? For example food poisoning never seem to have any true effect on my dupes’ survival (except for vision effect lol). 

Germs are annoying. Food poisoning can obliterate a duplicants immune system as like 100 are -3% immunity a cycle. Combine that with dead tired and going through a morb room and you could have a dupe with slimelung or "purging from both ends." And you can turn carbon dioxide into power via slickster. A single slickster (when tame and happy) can process something like 30 kg or more of co2 into 15 kg of crude oil or petroleum.

2 hours ago, zergologist said:

Germs are annoying. Food poisoning can obliterate a duplicants immune system as like 100 are -3% immunity a cycle. Combine that with dead tired and going through a morb room and you could have a dupe with slimelung or "purging from both ends."

So, if I want to play the game and ignore diseases, could I just keep my dupes always cold (beds in ice biome), suffering from hypothermia, and then let them wander the slime biomes, pee on the floor whenever/wherever, eat super diseased food, and be just fine?  I believe you can only get one disease at a time, so if it's hypothermia then you're fine. They won't die from cold....  Hmm.... They might be really slow, but they wont' die. 

6 hours ago, SamLogan said:

I think it's too much to burn 1200 Watts to manage a water at 39°C.

haha yeah, the number is big. But when i read on my report, i saw the system in totally uses about 6-7 water sieve's power usage (1 water sieve, aquatuner=5,6 sieve). Since they are not running full time, and only deal with pees and shower water, I would say it's not a big energy bill. Roughly same as 1 algae deoxidyze running full time. (meaning 5 people, 1 deoxidizer, 10 people 2 deoxidizer's energy bill). Totally acceptable, isn't it?

The system will keep the bathroom area a constant 26 degree. For 39 degree, you don't need aquatuner, but only can save the energy of a water pump. This 26 area could be used for some farms if needed, or other uses. If use 2 aquatuner, temperature can be lower.

20 hours ago, Djoums said:

You may want to compress the water packets coming into the aquatuner to save power though. Its power consumption doesn't depend on packet size, so bigger packets are more efficient.

Yeah I did that, managed to reduce power by 40-some percent. But your advice was good

Archived