Dupes dislike superb meal

2 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

Look at the description of the meal. For example the sludge "has a sweet taste that leaves the tongue temporarily numb". That's what you're seeing probably.

But that was barbeque.....

To its defense, I can say that not all dupes react like that, but it happens randomly quite ofthen

1 minute ago, Tobruk said:

What's the description for barbeque? I can't recall.

Anyway, don't pay attention to the animations after eating. You shouldn't be taking that as dupe feedback.

Dude, I explicitly said that I know that technically they like food. Technically in a way that algorithm gives them morale bonus

My concern was about wasting time on animation. Or at least that it is strange behavior.

1 minute ago, rafker said:

Dude, I explicitly said that I know that technically they like food. Technically in a way that algorithm gives them morale bonus

My concern was about wasting time on animation. Or at least that it is strange behavior.

The animation is a waste of time, I agree. But that's just how it is after expressive update - more animations, but better efficiency during 'work' time. It balances out.

4 hours ago, H0SS said:

The "dislike" animation can occur if the food is germy or stale

And as far as I know a single food poisoning germ is enough to make dupes show that dislike animation... they seem to be really great at tasting if something is "off". Maybe we should sell them to asteroids with medivial kingdoms as food testers.

2 hours ago, _midnightrain_ said:

And as far as I know a single food poisoning germ is enough to make dupes show that dislike animation... they seem to be really great at tasting if something is "off". Maybe we should sell them to asteroids with medivial kingdoms as food testers.

Might be the case, just noticed slimelung somehow got on bristle berry (2 germs lul)
Will need further testing

14 hours ago, rafker said:

Yes, they gain morale bonus, yes, they technically like it. But for some reason they go through "negative" animation, which at least wastes some time (it was barbeque, btw)

Noticed this on my last colony. Saw in the forum (can't remember the thread) that it was caused by food poison germs. Moved all my food storage to a chlorine filled room and the animation seemed to stop. Certainly not an exhaustive test, but that's probably it.

9 hours ago, hacksaw12 said:

Noticed this on my last colony. Saw in the forum (can't remember the thread) that it was caused by food poison germs. Moved all my food storage to a chlorine filled room and the animation seemed to stop. Certainly not an exhaustive test, but that's probably it.

well I store my food in the wort's filled room where temerature gets to -40 degrees. That should theoretically kill all germs, but I am most sure that germs get from dupes carrying them

Archived