Septic System V2 (Continuous 10kg/s flow)

This is an upgraded version of my last post

In this new build I have 3 tanks working together to sterilize and maintain a continuous flow of 10kg/s packets of germy polluted water

1.thumb.png.65b8305fc99af7a1c3de420dc8405118.png

I know this looks like a mess of pipes and shutoff valves but trust me there is an order to this chaos and I will try to explain it the best I can

2.thumb.png.d568bcbf698681968e3aada15883f045.png

First off there are 3 clock sensors all of them are set to 33% activation duration.  Starting on the left the a activation times are 0%, 33%, and 67%.  This is so each tank is only active for 1/3 the cycle and they do not overlap 

3.thumb.png.6ec082b3074e29df3a7da4ebb5da824d.png

Every time a clock is turned on it sends a signal to 3 shutoff valves (one with a not gate)

1.  The first shutoff is above the sensor allowing fresh germy polluted water in at 10kg packets

2.  The second shutoff is to the right of the sensor allowing clean polluted water out of the tank to the right

3.  The third shutoff is to the bottom left of the sensor and reverses the signal of the clock.  This allows the tank to loop it's water when the clock is turned off.

The reason for the loop is because packets of polluted water stuck in pipes won't sterilize, it needs to cycle though the reservoir to ensure all the germs die off

3B.thumb.png.401000f1acf3b23072e16e87dbe9b0f5.png

With this setup it ensures that at any given time one tank will be filling with germy polluted water, one tank will be looping the germy water as it sterilizes it, and one tank will be emptying it's the germ free water

4.thumb.png.e708b73fa11830f41ef43de2c199160c.png5.thumb.png.b64f72507299f94f45f07cd8bdb196f2.png

Do not let any of the activation times on the clocks overlap or germs will get though!

1.thumb.png.65b8305fc99af7a1c3de420dc8405118.png

4 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

What is the advantage of this version compared to the original one, using one tank only?

Continuous 10kg/s flow, in the other one there had to be some downtime to allow the germs to die, in this one it never stops

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

I'd probably change the clock sensors for 3 buffers each set at 200s, or exactly 1/3rd cycle. That make absolutely sure the cycles don't overlap. And it's background buildings so so space optimizations are possible 

I had thought of that but couldn't figure out the automation circuit (I'm a plumber in real life not a computer engineer :D)

If you figure it out please share ;)

Yes I have seen that update and again they were very vague about it, they are also very quick to fix updates that didn't work, (like with in one day) yet it's been almost a week so I say again about chlorine killing germs in reservoirs "technically they never said that" so I'm holding out onto hope

Why are you telling me this anyways, I stated all of this in the first post so there is very little point in telling me

47 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

I'm out of the forum loop due to holidays. What changed that we're trying to kill germs in liquids now?

Before we didn't have to worry about germy water as food was cooked

But now there are other ways of getting infected.  

Granted most of them can be avoided but it would just be easier to kill the germs at their source and never have to worry

This is how I've solved the problem before. The germ sensor can be replaced by replaced by a temp sensor at 80-85C (depends on desired maximum flow rate) if you don't have the research or plastic for the germ sensor yet. Once the inside is heated up it really uses very little power but obviously not literally none as the new version.

image.thumb.png.c4ce9594493673193257ee96108ae3f7.png

I was tinkering with your first decontamination design and essentially arrived to the same solution. I was also having trouble with the timers before seeing Saturnus setup :p

This one is 13x7 with the walls, 1 pipe in 1 pipe out, and 10Kg/s too.

5b8e4636e376e_Decontamination1.thumb.jpg.b730c1d249fbe925a269f2a7fecf2ea5.jpg5b8e4637e89d1_Decontamination2.thumb.jpg.708c80d140e196c2887d6eba03d3655b.jpg5b8e4638ef7a1_Decontamination3.thumb.jpg.29a7ad3089c553c14d60ce25ef81c722.jpg

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

This is how I've solved the problem before. The germ sensor can be replaced by replaced by a temp sensor at 80-85C (depends on desired maximum flow rate) if you don't have the research or plastic for the germ sensor yet. Once the inside is heated up it really uses very little power but obviously not literally none as the new version.

image.thumb.png.c4ce9594493673193257ee96108ae3f7.png

I'm assuming a pocket of polluted O2 keeps the liquid vent from flooding Nice build and if the reservoirs get fixed like everyone keeps telling me then this might be the standard for killing germs

Hope not, my build only uses 40w at a time

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I'm assuming a pocket of polluted O2 keeps the liquid vent from flooding Nice build and if the reservoirs get fixed like everyone keeps telling me then this might be the standard for killing germs

Or another gas. As long as you don't build it in a vacuum it'll automatically work. I would however wait with putting the top on and turn on the heater until you're sure it works. Sometimes, if you're really unlucky, a tile of CO2 can get stuck and you need to deconstruct and reconstruct the right most inner tile.

3 minutes ago, Rebrait said:

The best option was to make the Tank use a little amount of liquid clorine to make this. lets hope the tank stay in this configuration

Do you mean inside the reservoirs or in the room surrounding them, and why?

3 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I thought reservoirs' contents didn't react to their surroundings anymore already.  From the Thursday patch:

• Reservoirs are now sealed so that their contents no longer interact with their surroundings.

That's the million dollar question everyone has, guess we'll find out when the full update comes out in 2 days

Archived