Jump to content

What to do with carbon dioxide?


Recommended Posts

Research carbon scrubbers and water sieves early on

Build the carbon skimmer at the bottom center of your base and pipe it though a water sieve

Add a little water to the loop and you'll get an infinite water to PW loop that will turn your carbon dioxide into polluted dirt

Have a compost pile nearby and you got a dirt farm :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use algae terrariums early to remove co2. They are actually more efficient at converting algae into oxygen than the oxy machines just super slow at it. Do this because going through a carbon skimmer/sieve will increase the temperature of your early water. Best to avoid that as long as you can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

They both have a fixed temp output of 40C so not sure what you mean by this

 

The answer to this is blindingly obvious to everybody. In what circumstance would changing somethings temperature to 40C result in an increase in temperature? Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrgh! Ah my brain, it hurts, this is so hard. *headdesk*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Promethien said:

The answer to this is blindingly obvious to everybody. In what circumstance would changing somethings temperature to 40C result in an increase in temperature? Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrgh! Ah my brain, it hurts, this is so hard. *headdesk*

Insults aside, my point is it doesn't go past 40C which is not very hot compared to most early builds and if kept in a low area of your base like I suggested then the heat won't effect your dupes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Promethien said:

Use algae terrariums early to remove co2. They are actually more efficient at converting algae into oxygen than the oxy machines just super slow at it.

Not just super slow, but super work intense. And super stressful if you soak them in water to save some labor time.

Neither the algae saving, the minuscule CO2 removal, nor the lower temperature (still not 0 - terrariums output 30C water) is anywhere near worth the effort of maintaining terrariums.

Just keep the hot water pipes, scrubber and sieve away from your plants and you'll be much better off than you'd be with the best possible algal farm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Not just super slow, but super work intense. And super stressful if you soak them in water to save some labor time.

Neither the algae saving, the minuscule CO2 removal, nor the lower temperature (still not 0 - terrariums output 30C water) is anywhere near worth the effort of maintaining terrariums.

Just keep the hot water pipes, scrubber and sieve away from your plants and you'll be much better off than you'd be with the best possible algal farm.

Since Captain Obvious seems to be the only way to respond to post in this thread, let me point out that it's fairly easy to design terrarium setups with dripping water that doesn't require the dupes to walk in the water.

 

Build a walkway of door's above the terrarium farm and the dupes can work them without ever needing to be on the bottom tile with water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

First post... dont kill me :)

Miravlix is right - ladders are working as well. Here we are:

* door will only open it the pressure in the base is under a certain trashhold

* CO2 is working as an airlock, excess Co2 will be eaten

* polluted oxygen from the bottles will be transformed via oxydizer

* Algae Terrariums will automatically watered if pressure in base gets low

5b8643ae02cdd_algaeroom.thumb.jpg.b3100c58ad2c3b436e646a523714672b.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not just put it in a place your dupes wont be working.... then it doesnt get in the way and slow your dupes, farm some dreckos and get plastic rather early since they are easy to get and get the morph of. Then you can store it in a high pressure tank as well. Store it in gas containers, these are some other solutions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ZeZesRevenge said:

I have quite much carbon dioxide in my current world and I just put them under my base so how can I use them?

Well given you were able to put it under your base, storing it doesn't seem an immediate problem. However, you do want to get rid of it. Best way to do so is through pumping into the oil biome and set up a slickster ranch up there. At 33.33g/s per slickster and assuming a max population of 8 slicksters, a ranch can get rid of 266g/s while being a handy source for oil and eggs at the same time. Just build a couple of such pens and you'll get a good amount.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Well given you were able to put it under your base, storing it doesn't seem an immediate problem. However, you do want to get rid of it. Best way to do so is through pumping into the oil biome and set up a slickster ranch up there. At 33.33g/s per slickster and assuming a max population of 8 slicksters, a ranch can get rid of 266g/s while being a handy source for oil and eggs at the same time. Just build a couple of such pens and you'll get a good amount.

 

Why make a ranch ? Wouldn't make on open room with all the wild slicksters you find in the oil biome be better than taming them and having a dupe groom them every day ? They produce more when they are tamed ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Why make a ranch ? Wouldn't make on open room with all the wild slicksters you find in the oil biome be better than taming them and having a dupe groom them every day ? They produce more when they are tamed ?

Mostly for eggs (food and getting more slicksters) and I think, not sure, that their metabolism is lower when they are wild. Also allows you to better breed the slicksters into molten slicksters, which are superior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot about that. They produce 20kg when tamed and only 5kg when wild. 

And yes, it takes a long time to get them to be molten slicksters in the wild. Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Mostly for eggs (food and getting more slicksters) and I think, not sure, that their metabolism is lower when they are wild. Also allows you to better breed the slicksters into molten slicksters, which are superior.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZeZesRevenge said:

Thanks all you guys and I thought pumping Co2 into a fertilizer synthesizer.Is this a good idea?

Pumping wrong elements into a machine will cause damage.

Fertilizer synthesizers use dirt, phosphorite, and polluted water to make fertilizer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow the build you must have been thinking for making liquid co2 just for fert.....may as well go full lox and use the o2 to liquefy the co2. although its a great way to warm the liquid o2 to a gas state again its kinda over the top

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...