[Game Update] - 283571

4 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

It has an output blocked message, my guess is you've been constantly heating that same 10t of PH20 for a while now. Phase states won't occur in the machine. Deconstructing turns it into 10t of steam?

Hmm I guess that explains what happened to my pH20 supply. The output blocked message was caused by the output pipe breaking shortly before this cycle, but it was working fine for 50+ cycles.

23 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

You can try setting up a debottler somewhere and see if the dupes can pick liquid bottles from the machine (needs to be higher priority than the refinery, IIRC) to dump somewhere else for heat?

The instant a dupe removes the bottle, it explodes into steam and fills up my whole base! I could try enclosing it and corner deconstructing it maybe...

5 hours ago, QuantumPion said:

Any idea why my refinery contains 10t of 930 °F pH2O? Emptying it/deconstructing it causes a thermonuclear catsplosion.

20180828205452_1.jpg

20180828205620_1.jpg

I had the same problem in the beginning. But I guess I didnt understand the working of the Refinery back then. I am assuming you have the same issue. The Refinery heats up the coolant and this amount of heating (change in temp of coolant) varies on which metal you are refining. As I remember, iron takes a lot, steel yet more. So if after a coolant is used, and its output temp is above the boiling point of the coolant, phase change happens while in pipes or in refinery internal storage and this creates the "Catsplosion" you see. Its Super-heated Steam and tonnes of it. So, use a cooler coolant that doesnt boil after heating.

BTW, I know that emptying or deconstructing the Refinery will not help. There are 2 solutions to save your game. Either leave that Refinery as a Memorial and make a new one. Or, go to Debug mode, select 'Destroy' and click on Refinery. This simultaneously deletes the Refinery and its contents into Oblivion. Enjoy !

Edited by Rogue Witch

7 hours ago, Rogue Witch said:

BTW, I know that emptying or deconstructing the Refinery will not help. There are 2 solutions to save your game. Either leave that Refinery as a Memorial and make a new one. Or, go to Debug mode, select 'Destroy' and click on Refinery. This simultaneously deletes the Refinery and its contents into Oblivion. Enjoy !

Surround with abysalite tiles, corner deconstruct refinery, then 'corner-delete' steam (when there is only one tile left and you build in it, steam will be deleted). Or set up a cooling inside blocked space to get your water back. 

Edited by AndreyKl

I`d seal it with insulated tiles from 3 sides and break the wall outside the base. Then set up 3 steam turbines outside the base and lead the steam in there. Also make a room above the turbines where the steam can cool down. It should probably get rid of the heat from your base.

It`s probably not worth the effort just to get the turbines spinning for a few seconds but i`d personally do that just for fun. Especially in a base like that where i can set it up without rearranging half of the base.

People use liquid cooled fans?  I have not ever seen anyone in the forums who has said they are worth anything.  I tried them before they changed the temp range on bristle berries.  Did not have success.  That has been a few releases and I have never thought of building them since. 

12 hours ago, Rogue Witch said:

I had the same problem in the beginning. But I guess I didnt understand the working of the Refinery back then. I am assuming you have the same issue. The Refinery heats up the coolant and this amount of heating (change in temp of coolant) varies on which metal you are refining. As I remember, iron takes a lot, steel yet more. So if after a coolant is used, and its output temp is above the boiling point of the coolant, phase change happens while in pipes or in refinery internal storage and this creates the "Catsplosion" you see.

I think you are not understanding the issue. If you look at the first screenshot, the refinery contains a normal charge of 798 kg of ph20 at 178 °F,  but also contains in a separate line, 9.8 TONS of ph20 at a ridiculous 934 °F. It's as if the refinery was duplicating & storing all of the liquid AND heat output over the course of dozens of cycles.

6 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

seems a bug has wandered in with this patch.

My bedrooms at least only show up as barracks. even with just a single bed it's still a barracks.

4 tiles high and plastered with decor.

AFAIK, bedrooms must have only one bed per room. Works in my game. Terrible morale bonus for so much work, though. I always rush the Great Hall.