A bunch of noob questions for y'all

4 hours ago, InfluxWaver said:

What systems can you make with the bio distiller? 

What is an effective and self powered electrolyzer design?

How to net cool a cool steam vent, to make room temp. water

When you search for exactely those things, you get some results..
The bio destiller produces PW, what for sort of "system" you are thinking of?

To the third question:

It is possible but not realistic. In current version, do not try to cool the steam vent to room temp. You can do it once, but not sustainable for long term use. You can use about 8 wheezeworts to cool the steam to about 80℃, just plant the wheezeworts in a line.

Later use the high temp water to make oxygen. Make sure the pipe you use is made of abbysallite.

12 hours ago, InfluxWaver said:

What is an effective and self powered electrolyzer design?

Search the forum for "SPOM". There are multiple designs out there.

12 hours ago, InfluxWaver said:

How to net cool a cool steam vent, to make room temp. water

You don`t cool the vent itself but there are multiple ways to cool the water. My fauvorite is to pump the water through an ice biome (with radiant piupes in the ice biome and insulated outside) it will cool the water fast but heat up the biome so it won`t wotk for too long. Also watch out to not freeze the water or it will break the pipes.

You can use a setup with weezeworts as mentioned above. You just need to find enough of them. You can pipe the water in radiant pipes around the worts or use metal tiles to transfer the heat directly from the water to the room with worts.

Finally if you get enough power and some sort of cooling (like a large polluted water tank) you can use the aquatuner. Put it in the polluted water tank so it absorbs the heat it geneates the pipe your hot water through it (do it multiple times if it`s too hot but care about freezing).

13 hours ago, InfluxWaver said:

What systems can you make with the bio distiller? 

Bio distiller porduces algae and polluted water. It`s pretty simple. You can use the pwater for plants, cooling or sieve it into normal water. It will have some slimelung in it but it doesn`t hurt as long as it`s not in the air. Algae will have some slimelung in them as well so it`s advised to use an ore scrubber or put them in a chlorine room to kill the germs.

On the topic of the bio distiller, I personally don't use algae for oxygen production for very long. I start using an electrolyzer well before I'm running out of algae. There are uses for algae later on though, so the bio distillers are still useful. I do also keep the algae deoxidizers hooked to atmo sensors as a backup, in case something goes wrong with my main oxygen production.

I only use my cool water for farms. Everything else gets plumbed with abyssalite so the heat from the geyser water doesn't radiate into my base. The only down side I've seen to this is, the bathrooms and showers get warm. I build those rooms out of abyssalite, and throw a couple wheezeworts in there to keep the temps down.

Over time, Electrolyzers will eventually heat up the area they're in as well, so in my latest base, I'm using one of the three AETNs (Anti-Entropy Thermo Nullifier) on my map to cool down the oxygen as its being created. I pump that oxygen into my base at about -30c.  So far, everything has been nice and cool, even too cool in some areas. I use some thermo sensors to use as a thermostat.

Edit: after re-reading your post, I see I got a bit off topic, but hopefully some of it is still helpful for you.

11 hours ago, Oozinator said:

When you search for exactely those things, you get some results..
The bio destiller produces PW, what for sort of "system" you are thinking of?

Just anything that can help my base, like maybe convert the water into fertilizer, and another question about the synthesizers, do u really have to supply them with dirt like 24/7?

11 minutes ago, InfluxWaver said:

Just anything that can help my base, like maybe convert the water into fertilizer, and another question about the synthesizers, do u really have to supply them with dirt like 24/7?

Depending how much of X you need. When you watch the details panel, you can calculate how much y you need.
Problems only occur, when you grow too quick..
When you cook slime to 125°C you get dirt (when i remember right..).
I did not look at your base so far (load save), when it's important for you, i could, but ppl have different playstyles.(tell me)
I never uproot any natural grown food, till base is very very stable and at that point i have ice biomes with naturally grown plants there, then i add dupes.
Natural shroom pockets are enough for big bases, in combination with ice biome food. (sleat wheat)
To get to the pockets you need deodorizer research and art research for morale.
Take it slowly, then nothing is a problem.
When you have a geyser for example, research isolated tiles / pipes and build them from abbyssalite (dig the veins out, without destroying biomes(explore down, not up!(meteors)) and feed hot water direct into sinks/elektrolyzers toilets..
@R9MX4has some information in his signature.

12 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Many solids can turn to dirt in that temperature, but I feel the slime is  the best source.

Just remember that you (most likely)already lost half the mass getting the slime/algae/fertilizer, and once you cook it, it needs to be dug out loosing you 50% more.

Archived