So, the AETN can, in fact, delete massive amounts of heat

10 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Well yeah, it shows that your main focus wasn't squashing the bug, but showing everyone what you'd found.

If you don't see what's wrong with that, then it's because you're a part of the problem.

Lifegrow, you streaming and showing off your bases is pretty much no different then me showing off interesting things/designs/bugs that I find.  I don't have to fill out a bug report, but I did it anyway, immediately after I posted the topic.  That's a lot more dedication then most give and I believe I've certainly done my share to help out the community when I have the time to do so.

So, if all you're going to be is a negative nancy (And assault my character) and not bring something more constructive to the thread and the topic at hand, then just leave.

7 minutes ago, The Flying Fox said:

Lifegrow, you streaming and showing off your bases is pretty much no different then me showing off interesting things/designs/bugs that I find. 

That'd be true if my streams focused on showing bugs before reporting them - which is not  how I operate.

This negative nancy has already offered something constructive - in future report the bug before showing it off, and maybe there'd be less bugs out there full stop.

That was all.

Bad fox. Bad bad fox...how could you post your bug report AFTER you've posted it in general discussion first?

As king of the keyboard, ruler to the internets, I command thee to eat your mouse and to keep using it after you've passed it!

Further. You shall wear the sign of shame. Your profile picture has to be changed to a red letter 's', (No superman 's' ) for the rest of the week. This should remind you the web has rules and we don't take kindly to outlaws like you around here.:wilson_wink::wilson_vforvictory:

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

This negative nancy has already offered something constructive - in future report the bug before showing it off, and maybe there'd be less bugs out there full stop.

Are you guys seriously this hung up over TWELVE effing minutes? That's the time difference between this thread's 1st post and the bugtracker post.

12 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

Thanks for posting, I never check the bug forum so don't see this stuff.  One thing I'm not getting here, is that the heater isn't part of this temp clamping thing.  In my current game, my "heater" CONSTANTLY overheats itself even when the gas around it is cooler than the unit itself so I can't even use a temp sensor to shut it off before it takes heat damage.  I have it in chlorine in a drecko farm as the farm is too cold by just a couple degrees to keep the balm lilies growing.  Instead the heater overheats and doesn't even raise the temp directly above it from 33 to 35....

would you like show me your heater structure photo and a temperature overlay? i guess you are using aquatuner or regulator as your heater, and these two building doesn't suffer temperature reset.

7 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

would you like show me your heater structure photo and a temperature overlay? i guess you are using aquatuner or regulator as your heater, and these two building doesn't suffer temperature reset.

I'm at work, I will try tonight, but by heater, I mean heater - the space heater, coil looking thing?

20 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Have you tried Tempshift Plates to help the heat spread @Denisetwin ?

well dang.  That would be a good idea wouldn't it??!!  Writing that down on a sticky to do tonight.....

17 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

If you're using a Space Heater, not sure why that's overheating... 

me either - so dang frustrating.....

17 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

Chlorine has terrible thermal conductivity.  The lowest for a gas in the game, that I recall.  It's more of an insulator then anything

thank you for the explanation, that does help explain it.  I didn't even think about chlorine's conductivity.  I was actually just so shocked a stable below my main base would be having any issues keeping the balm lilies alive, LOL   appreciate the explanation on the temp clamping thing too.  I think I "get" it now.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:58 PM, Kabrute said:

This isn't a bug

Its a hacky patch the developers implemented

at best you could call it a cooling exploit of their heat exploit patch....

Indeed!

Half of the post was describing how the heat clamping feature could be used with the AETN to destroy just about any amount of heat and further explain the 'weirdness' people have encountered before with how much heat the machine can actually get rid of.  I've certainly seen number of posts in the past wondering this exact thing.  I decided to spend some time today to go searching for one that I faintly recall.

It clearly shows that the AETN is destroying the heat from those aqua tuners, but clamping the heat of the hydrogen filled room to around 75C.

@PhailRaptor

I totally forgot about that battery version of destroying heat, thanks for searching for that one.  Don't see myself using it in my survival saves, of course, but interesting to go back and read.  

Archived