Heartless Dupe

7 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

LOL.. I never have Dupes die on me. Do they really collapse with a "broken" icon over them? lol

Thats cray cray

No, this is incapacitation - dupe is alive, just needs to be delivered to med bed.

Problem is: sometimes countless dupes might pass by and no one will attempt to rescue their friend. Sometimes the dupe that caries incapacitated one will stop to clear his legs, to admire someone or just will drop incapacitated one for some reason (usually shedule)

P.S. happens quite often if you make you dupe visit high temperature environments

Just now, AndreyKl said:

No, this is incapacitation - dupe is alive, just needs to be delivered to med bed.

Problem is: sometimes countless dupes might pass by and no one will attempt to rescue their friend.

P.S. happens quite often if you make you dupe visit high temperature environments

What!!! They just leave them on the ground to die?

Guess we need Expression Update Mark II: The Love Update

3 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

What!!! They just leave them on the ground to die?

Technically they do not, just the dupe that was assigned a rescue task might be really far away. But if rescue comes too late incapacitated dupe will die. As result other, closer dupes that ignore the suffering of their friend seem quite heartless.

30 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Technically they do not, just the dupe that was assigned a rescue task might be really far away. But if rescue comes too late incapacitated dupe will die. As result other, closer dupes that ignore the suffering of their friend seem quite heartless.

Guy looks dead. If I saw that in game, I'd probably bury him alive thinking he was dead lol

Actually.. maybe I have already @_@ 

1 hour ago, BadlyBurned said:

Guy looks dead. If I saw that in game, I'd probably bury him alive thinking he was dead lol

He does a 'hand&feet' flailing animation. The two white strokes above him on the picture are rotating.

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Wait, did they change how heat stroke works?

I don't think so... When my dupes were working with steam vent, I think they were getting both heat strokes and incapacitations separately.

2 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

I don't think so... When my dupes were working with steam vent, I think they were getting both heat strokes and incapacitations separately.

I've only got heat stroke from being too hot working in the 150F water that condensed from my steam vent.  Never seen this incapacitation before, but I haven't updated to EU yet.

15 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Incidentally, you cannot get this with cold or at least not easily. I have cooled dupes down to -30C body temperature and they were still moving (slowly) under their own power.

When they have soggy feet?

If you set Care and Toggle priorities at //\\ and everything else /\ and below(Priorities - J), it should work pretty fast. Setting the right priorities can have a striking effect on productivity.

31 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Incidentally, you cannot get this with cold or at least not easily. I have cooled dupes down to -30C body temperature and they were still moving (slowly) under their own power.

Coldness should give them Hypothermia? That makes them slower for performing any job for 1-2 cycles.

I'm curious if warm sweater doesn't help also vs heat? Since it increases insulation, it should help vs heat transfer in both directions desert => dupe and dupe => arctic?

31 minutes ago, martosss said:

If you set Care and Toggle priorities at //\\ and everything else /\ and below(Priorities - J), it should work pretty fast. Setting the right priorities can have a striking effect on productivity.

Coldness should give them Hypothermia? That makes them slower for performing any job for 1-2 cycles.

I'm curious if warm sweater doesn't help also vs heat? Since it increases insulation, it should help vs heat transfer in both directions desert => dupe and dupe => arctic?

I dont think so. If you read the clothing it tells you the thickness of the clothes. More insulation for better warmth, and less for more cooling. At least it should work like that. You can't wear a sweater in the desert, or at least you shouldn't.

However, I agree that I don't see any real change when a sweater wearing Dupe gets too hot. They seem to get just as hot as someone without a sweater.

1 minute ago, martosss said:

I'd say they're lonely. Send them 50-60 friends let the party get started!

No, I wanna just Lindsay, she's cute and poor, so we launch rescue program with code name "Lindsay in distress"

Just now, Nativel said:

No, I wanna just Lindsay, she's cute and poor, so we launch rescue program with code name "Lindsay in distress"

So you'll let Catalina die? :o I think that'll raise Lindsay's stress and she'll start vomiting until she starves.

Archived