[Game Update] - 279046

Anyone else having a problem with the med bay?  Mine's gone dark with the new room types.  Can't figure out why.  I've got 1 toilet, 3 sinks, fridge and Mess Table, 2 Med-beds, a vent, and some random décor spam.  It says to remove conflicting buildings, and there shouldn't be one.

EDIT: It's not the fridge or the vent.  I think it's got an confusion.

Edit 2: On a side note, morale for a great hall is +6 for building a ladder between two rooms and slapping a water cooler in there, so that's nice.  Bathroom change is +1 outhouse, +2 plumbed.  Don't have plastic in current build to test bedroom.  … and I swear one day I'll hit enter and it'll stop posting when I get a button stuck on this old keyboard...

Edited by WanderingKid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WanderingKid said:

Anyone else having a problem with the med bay? 

Here is mine and it does not work with this update. And the error message does not tell me which building should be removed.

I guess I will find out in a dummy base as I want to know what have changed there :)

med bay.jpg

• Like 1

I did a few tests on the rooms and here are what I have found: Mostly, the problem is the lavatory inside the med bay. It seems that it must be an outhouse and nothing else, which sucks completly. Even a sink is permitted but the lavatory is not.

Funny to see that to achieve a great hall, we need a recreation item, especially with the power spike just introduced. People will spam water cooler I guess for an extra in morale.

As for the latrine vs the washroom, both the outhouse and wash basin must be upgraded to have a washroom. One of them and you have a latrine.

The massage clinic is easy to build as it is right now.

Hope that it helps.

20180724191355_1.thumb.jpg.0f1e3b171d0c904e9d377f26391c1974.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

I did a few tests on the rooms and here are what I have found: Mostly, the problem is the lavatory inside the med bay. It seems that it must be an outhouse and nothing else, which sucks completly. Even a sink is permitted but the lavatory is not.

Maybe build a lavatory and an outhouse, then disable the latter?

• Sad 2

This decor thingy is confusing, I get -20% stress per cycle from decor expectation and at the same time -1 to morale for ugly decor. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Showers are still decoration, and dupes still love to live in total darkness.

Edited by _Q_
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

This decor thingy is confusing, I get -20% stress per cycle from decor expectation and at the same time -1 to morale for ugly decor. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Showers are still decoration, and dupes still love to live in total darkness.

Think an average decore for morale, and immediate for décor.  I've got a miner who thinks the world is horrible but lives in mostly luxurious décor.  I can only assume (actually, I know it is) that the décor is so bad where he's working that 3 or 4 tics of the horrible is enough to turn him into a candidate for a Cthulu cult.

As to lights and showers, all dupes are bred with no sense of smell and bats for sonar.

Ceramic tiles give the same amount of decor as granite tiles, I think ceramic should be a bit higher due to processing costs, something around 30% would be enough.

So there is no middle ground to morale? Its either low or high with no neutral option?

I have like 16 - 17 out of max 24 and it still says low morale, heh.

So all or nothing I guess.

Edited by _Q_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Ceramic tiles give the same amount of decor as granite tiles, I think ceramic should be a bit higher due to processing costs, something around 30% would be enough.

So there is no middle ground to morale? Its either low or high with no neutral option?

I have like 16 - 17 out of max 24 and it still says low morale, heh.

So all or nothing I guess.

Sometimes i think, it could have to do with ONI experience. For me it's completely easy to control stress and it was so easy to control before on standard settings. For new players it could be some sort of learning step.
"prevent wet socks/soggy feet outside comfort temp zone and clean up debris, go for snazzy suit then exos done."

Edited by Oozinator

37 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Sometimes i think, it could have to do with ONI experience. For me it's completely easy to control stress and it was so easy to control before on standard settings. For new players it could be some sort of learning step.
"prevent wet socks/soggy feet outside comfort temp zone and clean up debris, go for snazzy suit then exos done."

It reminds me of your first 5 or 6 winters in the original Don't Starve.  Then they made it both worse and more gradual to learn to deal with, and summer became the biggest issue.

All of the Klei games I enjoy tend to have significant but reasonable learning curves, at least when you can find a wiki with the recipes.  But, yes, if you've been here since the beginning you're raiding the ruins because you've done everything else a few dozen times already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

Another concern, I'm seeing much more significant FPS drop with this update than I was before, on almost the same base with minor modifications.  Anyone else seeing a heavy lag?

I am seeing a lot of lag also. Moreover, I can't help but notice the graphic of the icons is a bit more choppy now after this hotfix??? Is it just me or?

Just now, Nazzy44 said:

I am seeing a lot of lag also. Moreover, I can't help but notice the graphic of the icons is a bit more choppy now after this hotfix??? Is it just me or?

No, not just you.  I seen the occasional line just seem like 5 pixels off and turn the writing into half a strikeout with the same color.  Happened about the same time the lag showed up in force.

9 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Why they are using massage tables during work time?

The massage table overrides anything if a dupes stress is above the limit set. Always has been.

Also as of the CU my fps has dropped considerably in general.

21 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

The massage table overrides anything if a dupes stress is above the limit set. Always has been.

Also as of the CU my fps has dropped considerably in general.

The FPS on preview branch is always crap due to all debug stuff that is running in the background, the same map runs in whopping 10 fps on preview and then goes up to like 30 - 40 on normal branch.

I can't figure out what is causing FPS drops on normal branch, but there must be some memory leak, the longer game runs the worse FPS gets.

39 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

The FPS on preview branch is always crap due to all debug stuff that is running in the background, the same map runs in whopping 10 fps on preview and then goes up to like 30 - 40 on normal branch.

I can't figure out what is causing FPS drops on normal branch, but there must be some memory leak, the longer game runs the worse FPS gets.

Since the CU i am lucky if i get 30-40 :p before the CU i was running maps that were 768x1024 at a constant 40-60 on triple speed.

Since the CU I have to put the map back to normal size, and after about 50 cycles my fps drops to about 40. I am on cycle 231 and get 6fps on triple speed and about 12-15 on single speed. I experience the same on the preview branch at the moment.

So going from a map that is more or less 9 times bigger than the standard in Ranching MkII and having 40fps at cycle 700 on triple speed down to the standard map on CU with 15fps at cycle 250ish is a massive loss in performance somewhere. 

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

to the standard map on CU with 15fps at cycle 250ish is a massive loss in performance somewhere. 

mhh and i thought my system is slow ^^
CU had a negative performance for me too, but not that big.
Digging up to space biome, is a bad idea it seems..

10 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

Another concern, I'm seeing much more significant FPS drop with this update than I was before, on almost the same base with minor modifications.  Anyone else seeing a heavy lag?

same for me, before last update, i saw 16 FPS at 3x speed, now its under 10 FPS at 2x :(