[Game Update] - 278720

• Developer
  • Updated Russian/Chinse/Korean localization.
  • "Quality of Life" has been renamed to "Morale"
  • Duplicants get small stress bonuses when they greet/compliment/etc.
  • Duplicants will react more quickly to a tile being dug out beneath them.
  • Duplicants will not play their "fall avoid" reaction as frequently.
  • Fix a timing issue when mourning that could cause multiple dupes to stand on the same spot.
  • Duplicants don't start talking/waving/thumbs-upping until 3/2/1 cycles in to the base.
  • Falling sand landing nearby a duplicant should cause that person to play a started reaction.
  • Dupes will complete relaxation errands before going to bed.
  • Shortened water cooler chore time.
  • Fix flying creatures sometimes able to fly through closed horizontally placed pneumatic doors.
  • Massage table room is no longer the rec room, now it's a "clinic", since it's for health (stress) management rather than QOL.
  • This fixes an issue where dropping sand onto a mesh door would break pathfinding.
  • Fixed an issue where a single Duplicant dying would cause your entry colony to stop doing things.
  • Make duplicants pass out on the floor if their stamina ever reaches 0%.
  • Stretching only happens 1/3rd of the time.
  • Don't abort sleep when a loud noise happens, just play the waking animation and gain the status.
  • Phonobox now requires power.
  • Arcade Machine and Phonobox now consume power when active.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Duplicants don't start talking/waving/thumbs-upping until 3/2/1 cycles in to the base.

Ofc they not, it's just because they didn't have any "positive" emotions about stale food, vomiting, p.water on floor and carbon dioxide around every where.

6 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fixed an issue where a single Duplicant dying would cause your entry colony to stop doing things.

I thought it was normal for them

10-1.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Massage table room is no longer the rec room, now it's a "clinic", since it's for health (stress) management rather than QOL.
  • Don't abort sleep when a loud noise happens, just play the waking animation and gain the status.

How does the Appreciated (-5% stress) stat occur?

Thank you for the fall and stretch reaction occurrence lowering, that seemed excessive when you had to 'back out' of a dig with jumps because the next level down had too much space.

Massage room is interesting.  Makes sense though.

Make duplicants pass out on the floor if their stamina ever reaches 0%.  A) This should be hysterical.  B) Rats, now I have to actually give them a sleep block, or have them pass out in the CO2 or something. XD

Is it possible to figure out what a loud noise is, other than dumping sand into the barracks or a loud sleeper snoring?

1 hour ago, Slvrsrfr said:

great work on the game.

Hey quick question, is there a screenshot function in the game?

F12 by default on steam

oh unless you mean.. you cant alt+s for screenshot mode. lets you zoom out more and removes HUD. you can alt+s again to include the HUD in your screenshot, but scrolling the mouse wheel will boing you back to normal zoom

Edited by thewreckedangle
  • Like 1

Hello, this new patch seems to be the cause for a crash. I get the error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

i've checked some more and it seems to happen around morning/bath time if the game gets trough the early cycle it will not crash during work,relax or sleepy time.

I will include the log file. thanks.

output_log.txt

Edited by mattee53
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thewreckedangle said:

F12 by default on steam

oh unless you mean.. you cant alt+s for screenshot mode. lets you zoom out more and removes HUD. you can alt+s again to include the HUD in your screenshot, but scrolling the mouse wheel will boing you back to normal zoom

thanks, i was just looking for a straight yes or no answer, but thanks.

i don't believe so. pretty sure i've not seen a direct response to this yet.

And if so why not just answer it here again for the sake of argument instead of dragging it out.

Edited by Slvrsrfr

New dupes no longer will find an available bed, noting that this happened after I added a dupe and forgot to give her a job. She then didn't find a bed, so I assigned her one. But no other dupe who I added after her found a bed either.

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Mayveena said:

New dupes no longer will find an available bed

It's not just new duplicants, it's any duplicant. I destroyed some beds just now and rebuilt them, the duplicants are not selecting (auto assigning to) the new beds. This makes for a lot of manual effort if you are moving barracks :(

12 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Updated Russian/Chinse/Korean localization.
  • "Quality of Life" has been renamed to "Morale"
  • Duplicants will react more quickly to a tile being dug out beneath them.
  • Duplicants will not play their "fall avoid" reaction as frequently.
  • Fix a timing issue when mourning that could cause multiple dupes to stand on the same spot.
  • Duplicants don't start talking/waving/thumbs-upping until 3/2/1 cycles in to the base.
  • Falling sand landing nearby a duplicant should cause that person to play a started reaction.
  • Dupes will complete relaxation errands before going to bed.
  • Shortened water cooler chore time.
  • Fix flying creatures sometimes able to fly through closed horizontally placed pneumatic doors.
  • This fixes an issue where dropping sand onto a mesh door would break pathfinding.
  • Fixed an issue where a single Duplicant dying would cause your entry colony to stop doing things.
  • Stretching only happens 1/3rd of the time.
  • Phonobox now requires power.
  • Arcade Machine and Phonobox now consume power when active.

View full update

mmm... Will ↑ be addressed before the Expressive Release?

• Like 1