Suggestion: Slime Volcano/Geyser

Basically, I and a lot of people want a renewable source of algae, but that would likely make the game too easy.  So how about a source of slime that makes an absolute mess of slime everywhere?  Not only that, but it generates an extreme amount of slimelung germs making it very difficult to gather safely. 

Maybe we could even have a rule where slime is a liquid at a certain temperature and a solid at another?

Slime becomes dirt when too hot I think. That makes this not really possible as all volcanos are hot. Its why I think refined metal comes out of volcanos, and not just regular raw metal.

I do agree that slime or algae could use a renewable source. They have Pufts that can do it through ranching, but something outside ranching would make more sense. My ranchers have enough to do at the moment :)

My mushroom farm needs something like 10 tons of slime per cycle, I'm soooo waiting for a new industrial way to mass produce slime. I don't mind if a giant slime avalanche comes from somewhere, new 2 meter thick polluted water sewage pipes need desliming or if I can build some machinery which produces slime from shredding 100 dead fish or if I can blow up the marshmallow man from ghostbusters via dupe lasers...I need a new mass production way of producing slime so that I can play without god mode. I tried 1000 puffts, it's not enough yield and no fun for me. 

4 minutes ago, babba said:

My mushroom farm needs something like 10 tons of slime per cycle, I'm soooo waiting for a new industrial way to mass produce slime. I don't mind if a giant slime avalanche comes from somewhere, new 2 meter thick polluted water sewage pipes need desliming or if I can build some machinery which produces slime from shredding 100 dead fish or if I can blow up the marshmallow man from ghostbusters via dupe lasers...I need a new mass production way of producing slime so that I can play without god mode. I tried 1000 puffts, it's not enough yield and no fun for me. 

I think the OP nailed it. It needs to be something LIKE a geyser or volcano. They don't work because of the heat, but maybe they could make a Slime "sink hole" or something where slime just oozes out so we can gather it up for mass production.

Maybe a critter that does more than a Puft. Like a type of critter that turns into a big pile of slime when you kill it, instead of meat.

my newest barrier, the algae wall. Mind you it's not an end game concern yet. I'm nowhere near that, but just from my precarious playpoint, I can see it will be an ongoing problem for me. I need to learn better about the carbon skimmer, and viable options. I still hesitate to expose myself to the swamp biomes. I don't like how comfortable this game is with pollution, and the (prevalence of slimelung), but that's my own personal issue.

The slime sinkhole sounds also great. The danger on that could be that dupes get stuck in it like glue. I really don't mind what can be used as a slime source, as long it can be mass production scaled.

On the Algea issue...Yeah, in my time as a beginner I had a play style where I used to run out of Algea too.

The only issue I have nowadays is mass slime and water. I wish a mega project could be built which takes 100 cycles to complete, consumes 50k power and produces lots of water for 100 or more dupes. 

How about a building in the ruins similar to the AETN? It would use some single resource (maybe oil or phosphorus) and producing insane amounts of slime on it`s own (as well as tons of slimelung). Would be some kind of explanation to where all that slime came from.

New idea: Slime Waterfall, in a new swamp biome ( with dangerous and agressive stinging wasps ? )

I need 10 tons of slime per cycle, but it would be already great if some Slime source comes out at 500 KG per cycle. Then I can place 20 Slime Waterfalls in to a map as my starting point.

Map Generator: As requested by other users, please allow before map generation how many Volcanoes, Geysirs, Slime Waterfalls etc. players would like to have generated in the map. This would allow god mode/debug players ( like me recently ) to play "a normal game" without debug. Thank you. Having played two maps for a thousand cycles each without volcanoes at all was frustrating. Since then its Debug Mode for me.

Archived