Could I get some help with this setup? 500+ days

3 minutes ago, ChainImpact said:

My biggest issue is the heat, people keep linking other treads but they are not useful.  I need specific answers.

Hot Death.sav

More help to help you would be...helpful.  Anyway, onto the maybes!

...2 minutes later... What have you done to this poor load file.

8 dupes, 500+ cycle, This is monsterous.  You've got at least 1/4 of your base against neutronium.  You've got a stable of slicksters next to PH2O and two connections to the meteor swarm that will change everything.

What specific area would you like assistance with?

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

@Kabrute@Neotuck made some actual stuff, search their profiles for created topics.
Optional you can pay 75 Bitcoins on my paypalaccount and i ask my grandma to make a tutorial for you.
Perhaps they do it for free, when you ask them nice, not everyone is so greedy like my grandma!

Dude, you used to be cool.  no.  Stop that.

At this point, I don't think there's going to be much you can do to save this colony.

1) You've got everything completely open air.  There's very little insulation or separation of areas (i.e. heat sources) that I can see.

2) I saw at least one volcano (gold) that was completely open to the environment, that's a lot of heat to be dumping.

3) I may have missed it (your base is quite chaotic), but I didn't see any active attempts at real cooling systems.  No aquatuners,

very limited use of water sieves and carbon skimmers to clear heat.  You have a bunch of radiator pipes everywhere, but they are

moving warm/hot liquids which is distributing the heat and not cooling things.

4) You've dug out all of your Abyssilite.  You don't have any of your biomes cleanly separated.  Those Abyssilite shells are the best

way to isolate heat areas from cooled areas and keep things segregated.

5) Wheezeworts by themselves just sitting around won't do much at all for overall cooling, you need actual dedicated cooling systems.

EDIT:  Sorry, I said Neutronium when I meant Abyssilite.  I've fixed the post.

14 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

At this point, I don't think there's going to be much you can do to save this colony.

1) You've got everything completely open air.  There's very little insulation or separation of areas (i.e. heat sources) that I can see.

2) I saw at least one volcano (gold) that was completely open to the environment, that's a lot of heat to be dumping.

3) I may have missed it (your base is quite chaotic), but I didn't see any active attempts at real cooling systems.  No aquatuners,

very limited use of water sieves and carbon skimmers to clear heat.  You have a bunch of radiator pipes everywhere, but they are

moving warm/hot liquids which is distributing the heat and not cooling things.

4) You've dug out all of your Abyssilite.  You don't have any of your biomes cleanly separated.  Those Abyssilite shells are the best

way to isolate heat areas from cooled areas and keep things segregated.

5) Wheezeworts by themselves just sitting around won't do much at all for overall cooling, you need actual dedicated cooling systems.

EDIT:  Sorry, I said Neutronium when I meant Abyssilite.  I've fixed the post.

its actually being saved, the ones that died were lack of food.  i was down to 5 and now im bouncing back

Everything is fine, but hardly anyone posted anything useful.  I have a heat problem, people just post "remove heat".  not very helpful.  I wanted to see if anyone wanted to get their hands dirty and actually go in a change the setup and screen shot it.  My dups are gonna take awhile to gain skills again.

Takes time.sav

Ok, so your base is a chaotic maelstrom of inefficient piping - looks like a jackson pollock piece...

Spoiler

Image result for jackson pollock

Feedback

• You have masses of unused space, and barely any room bonuses.
  • You have mealwoods planted, but have run out of dirt - however you have dirt in your starting biome still...
  • You have yet to reveal the majority of your geysers - despite having 5 or 6 visible to you right now.
  • You have avoided capping geysers for controlled resource collection.
  • You have no form of power grid, nor any discernible plans for one.
  • Your liquid management seems to be a case of "slosh it wherever it falls" - which leads to flooded biomes and a very troublesome oil biome.
  • Your thermal comfort overlay shows about 100 possible places where hypothermia is all but guaranteed.

That's about all the feedback I can bring myself to offer, other than that it's a good base. My biggest tip would be to start again immediately, go slower, plan a little (no, a lot) more, and improve on what you did here.

For a first base i'd give this 6/10 bananas.

Asking people to load your save and rebuild this base (plus posting screenshots!?) is a little bit like throwing an egg out of a speeding car, and asking someone to put it back together. Yes, it might be doable, but what's the point. 

19 hours ago, ChainImpact said:

I have a heat problem, people just post "remove heat".

Takes time.sav

I will look at your base tonight, It sounds like it can be a scenario map. will give me a break from mine as I am currently stuck deciding what to do with my base.

But from what I have heard people saying, blocking off areas of heat generation seems to be your issue. Once all massive sources of heat i.e that gold volcano i seen mentioned are blocked, any cooling method you choose will be much more effective as it wont be battling uphill WHILST pushing a 2 tonne boulder.

19 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Asking people to load your save and rebuild this base (plus posting screenshots!?) is a little bit like throwing an egg out of a speeding car, and asking someone to put it back together. Yes, it might be doable, but what's the point. 

I quite literally almost wet myself laughing at this sentence.

14 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I'm also a little confused why a new thread was posted for the same base 100 cycles later.  Just because you decided you didn't like the advice you got in the first?

because i made a few changes and people didn't seem like i would survive, so i showed that i could still live on and even named some dups after people who even bothered to say anything.  not sure what room bonuses to add. OH snap, i need to keep an eye out for the geysers. i just don't trust my ability to make a dependable power grid.  but this is all very useful information.  Everything here is fixable and i won't give up on these dups.  plus i can't change the title.  I wish i could could change it for every 100 cycles.  Anyways i added people in order to make this easier.  I also sealed away the heat.

Added People.sav

I wish someone would post a screenshot of this, I'm at work and I find myself giggling while imagining it in my mind.

I really wish I could play like this guy.. just keep going on and on and trying to make them survive without giving up. I sincerely hope you find a way to save your Dupes, you obviously care about them <3

Just checked the save file, omg the pipe so messy. 

1. Basically, the heat inside your base mostly come from water sieve, need remodel whole piping system, mean need to set a large water reservoir     somewhere, cooling water to 25-27c then just pump back to the base. 

This is my progress so far. 

1. your oxygen supply is overkill so i DESTROY THEM, (The middle one) Left hand side alone can support your oxygen already.

2. The gas pipe and water pipe keep radiant the heat everywhere so I DESTROY THEM

3. If u check clearly, u will found have alot of unused piping, and Yes, I DESTROY THEM ALSO.

4. Ore scrubber everywhere dude, its ok you can, but you dont really need that.

image.thumb.png.d34247d828ca33058fe1f9a0f108fc1b.pngimage.thumb.png.aa8653444c262eed310935ab6d42bd91.png

Not suggest to build Cot randomly everywhere, its kinda hard to check on duplicant. When i start open this save file, the colony is dying, someone 's cot in a slime lung area. So i build my favorite design for the room, oops not complete yet, not enough plastic. Take note ya, Its better to build everything with room effect. 

image.thumb.png.7abf173384619af131a1641be499f38f.png

I dug out top ice biome to let the freezing water flow down, should can hold for a while before going to deal with volcano and water geyser 

image.thumb.png.e29bb2dc8faef904c67b8d848e38ee7b.png

On 7/1/2018 at 6:42 PM, ChainImpact said:

What i would really like is to see someone open the file and post screen shots of how they fixed it.

How isit? do you still need some improvement screenshot ? 

FYI, the next target i aiming is
1) remodel Bristle berry farm,  Wheeze wort is limited,have to save some to deal with heat later on.

2) food storage, for now you didnt have any good food storage, the food keep rotting. 

3)2 large reservoir for water and polluted water, its more easy to cooldown the water (geyser water will send to reservoir 1st)and water sieve and keep at same spot, after the water is cooled down and send to base by radiant pipe, eventually your base is good to go. 

4) since you use ore scrubber, here is suggestion for you, build a chlorine storage room, tadaaaa, save your duplicant time and not need setup troublesome ore scrubber(supply chlorine, wash hand, goddamn piping etc)

5) Rebuild wire, transformer, batteries focusing on one spot, those thing generate heat should keep at one spot together 

6) Last thing to do is volcano, it contain mass heat. still have no idea how to design it.

I'm still impressed by the size of this base. My 500+ cycles 12 dupes colony, with farms, ranch, power facilities and food storage is just a bit bigger than the starting biome. You did great @kuroko0820, but there is still so much to do, good luck!

On 7/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, kuroko0820 said:

This is my progress so far. 

1. your oxygen supply is overkill so i DESTROY THEM, (The middle one) Left hand side alone can support your oxygen already.

2. The gas pipe and water pipe keep radiant the heat everywhere so I DESTROY THEM

3. If u check clearly, u will found have alot of unused piping, and Yes, I DESTROY THEM ALSO.

4. Ore scrubber everywhere dude, its ok you can, but you dont really need that.

image.thumb.png.d34247d828ca33058fe1f9a0f108fc1b.pngimage.thumb.png.aa8653444c262eed310935ab6d42bd91.png

Not suggest to build Cot randomly everywhere, its kinda hard to check on duplicant. When i start open this save file, the colony is dying, someone 's cot in a slime lung area. So i build my favorite design for the room, oops not complete yet, not enough plastic. Take note ya, Its better to build everything with room effect. 

image.thumb.png.7abf173384619af131a1641be499f38f.png

I dug out top ice biome to let the freezing water flow down, should can hold for a while before going to deal with volcano and water geyser 

image.thumb.png.e29bb2dc8faef904c67b8d848e38ee7b.png

How isit? do you still need some improvement screenshot ? 

FYI, the next target i aiming is
1) remodel Bristle berry farm,  Wheeze wort is limited,have to save some to deal with heat later on.

2) food storage, for now you didnt have any good food storage, the food keep rotting. 

3)2 large reservoir for water and polluted water, its more easy to cooldown the water (geyser water will send to reservoir 1st)and water sieve and keep at same spot, after the water is cooled down and send to base by radiant pipe, eventually your base is good to go. 

4) since you use ore scrubber, here is suggestion for you, build a chlorine storage room, tadaaaa, save your duplicant time and not need setup troublesome ore scrubber(supply chlorine, wash hand, goddamn piping etc)

5) Rebuild wire, transformer, batteries focusing on one spot, those thing generate heat should keep at one spot together 

6) Last thing to do is volcano, it contain mass heat. still have no idea how to design it.

its so beautiful.  im on 700+ but ill post again when I made these modifcations

Archived