10 hours ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

I only have 16 hours clocked in, and I don't know what im doing. I'm fully aware of Sandbox Mode, but I don't know how to bring up Debug Mode for Ultimate Control. anybody know how to enter Debug Mode?

Only 16 hours played and already want to use the Debug mode, sad... :?

Yeah I'm a weirdo like that. I want to use it so I know Everything about ONI before I play it through. (and I should mention I have a save where I do use sandbox mode and one where I dont. I'm not that bad)

Side Note: I didn't actually expect people to respond to my question, since it is basically cheating.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

Yeah I'm a weirdo like that. I want to use it so I know Everything about ONI before I play it through. (and I should mention I have a save where I do use sandbox mode and one where I dont. I'm not that bad)

Side Note: I didn't actually expect people to respond to my question, since it is basically cheating.

Using debug mode to learn about the game isn't cheating.  Half the structures you see on the forums are built in debug mode, though almost all of them can be built in game.  I fully understand wanting to learn about the game through debug. 

Debug mode in ONI is equivalent to creative mode in minecraft, it's just a different way to play.  No one bashes creative players for not wanting to play survival, so why should debug/sandbox mode be any different?

I use debug mode all the time to test out if an idea is even viable before I spend 50+cycles trying to build itin survival.  Nothing wrong with using debug mode.

One thing to note.  Once you clear the fog of war using backspace,  everything on the map is considered revealed and starts aging, flooding,  and overheating.  Even after you close the backspace menu again

8 hours ago, Soulwind said:

One thing to note.  Once you clear the fog of war using backspace,  everything on the map is considered revealed and starts aging, flooding,  and overheating.  Even after you close the backspace menu again

Heh yeah that happens to me since I revealed the entire map with Reveal Tool ;)

On 7/1/2018 at 12:24 AM, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

It is not, it's like opening console command in some game. Or using dev tools mode in others. I don't use it in my play, same with all those tools I mentioned in another game. But for some circumstances, we absolutely need those. Making mods, testing game mechanics under a certain condition that not easily reproduce in a normal game, etc.

It is can be abused to cheat, but I'm ok with people using those tools for cheating because ONI is single player. But don't encourage other players to cheat. Play any way you feel fun to play it.

Archived