Why isn't this a room?

So I built this greenhouse, and it says it's not a room. I saved, exited, reloaded. nope. I went to sandbox mode, too down all the walls and rebuilt them. Nope. What am I doing wrong?

A67346CFA6DFE91FE7D0306B1622B44C28D56F67

That's like a 160 tile room.  Way too big.  I think the max for any room is...what BlueLance said.  Use the room tab at the upper right, when you hover over the area with your mouse, the tooltip will tell you how  many tiles it is.

I guess it's too big for the game to even recognize as a too-big room? Maybe it the game has a max dimesion it can even recognize.  I think that room is 30 long.   You might try putting a line of screen doors or light-permeable tile directly above the bristle blossoms.  I think that would get it down to the correct volume.  If it still doesn't recognize it then it mus be too long.

@gelat 

The ideal greenhouse size is 32 by 3 (96 total)

Make 30 farm tiles plus 2 airflow for farmer's station and make the room 3 tall 

Here's a greenhouse design prototype I been working in debug

1.thumb.png.205be3660588fee0656c0130ab7dabc6.png2.thumb.png.a6fa910e1f277165fea5c2bfca7cc83e.png

Note: The doors only allow Camille in and out of the greenhouse, and her supply and storage is turned off in the priorities menu so only the sweepers can pick up crops/seeds and load fertilizer in the station

22 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

@gelat 

The ideal greenhouse size is 32 by 3 (96 total)

Make 30 farm tiles plus 2 airflow for farmer's station and make the room 3 tall 

Here's a greenhouse design prototype I been working in debug

1.thumb.png.205be3660588fee0656c0130ab7dabc6.png

This is clever @Neotuck. I was counting 3 times before realized there are open doors. Why not using pneumatic doors instead?

9 minutes ago, abud said:

This is clever @Neotuck. I was counting 3 times before realized there are open doors. Why not using pneumatic doors instead?

01.thumb.png.828d841c1ec434185d4a6b415caef634.png

They don't need to be open but I thought it looked better this way.  Here's a pic with the doors closed for comparison

11.thumb.png.1304e45d156ffc26973f722233f96073.png

Just now, BlueLance said:

How did you get your lights to be blue? Modded the files?

1 kg water (any more and it floods the light), temp shift plate, and a rad pipe that feeds cold water to the farm tiles runs though it

I did this to keep the lamp from heating up

Here's a plumbing overlay pic 

111.thumb.png.05752ebb8a038f9bdd355c177894fb07.png001.thumb.png.c230c6ecbad4cdd0808ae90c2ff62664.png

3 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

That is awesome! does it work with any liquids? Like Oil, petroleum etc?

Starting on the left is oil > petroleum > polluted water

Due to extreme temperatures I don't think we can do other colors like magma (red), liquid chlorine (green), or liquid hydrogen (pink) 

000.thumb.png.e42786bbacd9c4edd7b7cfc7980f4940.png

Chlorine I could manage on other things. but not in a garden.

The reason I was asking is because It would be cool to be able to have custom coloured lights, For instance it is red if a system has stalled, or green if it is active etc. Just stupid little things.

Just now, BlueLance said:

Chlorine I could manage on other things. but not in a garden.

The reason I was asking is because It would be cool to be able to have custom coloured lights, For instance it is red if a system has stalled, or green if it is active etc. Just stupid little things.

looks like it only changes the color of the lamp, the light emitted is still yellow (same problem with different shine bug breeds, I was disappointed :(

Archived