Why isn't this a room?

In that case here's my next green house: Dust Caps!

The CO2 only needs to be 1 tile high so farmers can breath comfortably 

Had to drop the sweepers down one to reach the farm tiles to delver slime (will have to do the same for sleet wheat)

To prevent off gassing by the slime the receptacles are covered in 20 kg naphtha (I tried water and it didn't work)

02.thumb.png.f1fcbf6a2439675559565627abc9b81d.png002.thumb.png.08ab5fd030f2a981f404e658c320bba0.png

Here's a pic with the doors closed and replaced the tiles under the slime receptacles with airflow tiles

0002.thumb.png.a31525394fc8e7f27d78073c95148954.png

5 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

Oh wow, awesome idea!

Does Farmers Touch work on Dust Caps?? If so what does it do?  Use less slime?  I noticed the farming station there

It makes them grow 2 times faster for same amount of slime. So yes, you need less slime for more dusk caps with farmer's touch

11 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

Does Farmers Touch work on Dust Caps?? If so what does it do?  Use less slime?  I noticed the farming station there

In a way, yes

Farmer's Touch always increase growth speed (x2) on any plant

The rate a plant uses water, dirt, slime, or phosphorite is unchanged so you use less over all 

9 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I will need to look at a simple fertilizer build, I have tonnes of phosphorite, but I am lacking in dirt.

Dirt farming is going to be big in this update

From what I can tell polluted water is your best source for dirt

There are 2 ways of doing this, using a water sieve with compost or boiling the polluted water

Boiling Polluted water is the fastest but only produces 1/4th the dirt as a water sieve with compost

Archived