How should the game define polluted or non-polluted water?

Yesterday, I tried to use liquid heaters to kill those germs in the polluted water which has yellow color to suggest it is polluted.

However, when I find out that even though the germs have been completely eliminated, the polluted water still needs to be "transformed', or they stay the same, no matter whether there are germs or not.

Though, it is not a big problem, for getting closer to out real world, current mechanism could be better. And I'm suggesting that the bounder between polluted water and clean water should be the number of germs in it. Also, having some germs in water is normal, after all, we all drink water with numbers of germs XD. Therefore, water having certain quantity of germs in it should not cause disease.

Plus: Why CO2 killer are producing polluted water? There are no germs in both the input water and the gas!!! I think the output should be things like sodas, like coke, and it is a wonderful drink for dupes. lol

Imagine in this way - put a dump in a pot, fill it with water, boil it, and give the concoction a good shake so it falls apart and mixes. Drinking that afterwards will definitely not infect you with any microbe disease, but would you call that clean water? :D

The issue here seems to be that you are conflating germs with contaminants.

Contaminants can be anything from dirt to leaves to whatever else can be dissolved in water.  Germs can be on any surface, in any liquid, or in any gas.  Depending on your context, germs can also be considered contaminants, but they are not always.  It's kind of like the square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square thing.

Yeah, it's a little arbitrary, but Polluted Water is not limited to germs.

Well, I ignored that there also be contaminant even if there is no germ.

Then maybe there should be more types of water in the game, like germ-filled water and industrial-wasted water, which are not the same thing.

Though it is quite confusing to find that even a CO2 killer could still produce germs, it is not.

1 hour ago, TimHH said:

Though it is quite confusing to find that even a CO2 killer could still produce germs, it is not.

It doesn't though.  If you have germs coming from your Carbon Skimmer, the clean Water you are feeding it must already be infected.

Eh.

I'm totally fine with germs in both polluted and clean water. I only wish there was more uses for chlorine. A way to pressurize gas into liquid, instead of cooling it, so you could use it instead of bleach. And a water disinfection station that uses liquid chlorine.

7 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

It doesn't though.  If you have germs coming from your Carbon Skimmer, the clean Water you are feeding it must already be infected.

I think the CO2 can also bring the germs into the water.

Though slimelung doesn't survive long in liquids.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, PhailRaptor said:

The issue here seems to be that you are conflating germs with contaminants.

Contaminants can be anything from dirt to leaves to whatever else can be dissolved in water.  Germs can be on any surface, in any liquid, or in any gas.  Depending on your context, germs can also be considered contaminants, but they are not always.  It's kind of like the square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square thing.

Yeah, it's a little arbitrary, but Polluted Water is not limited to germs.

Come to think if it it shouldn't damage it or delete the water. If you run clean water through a filter it should last longer. The dirtier the water the sooner it needs to be changed. That would be a little more realistic.

9 hours ago, avilmask said:

A way to pressurize gas into liquid, instead of cooling it, so you could use it instead of bleach

Squakey pufts can turn chlorine into bleach stone. CHlorine has also very low thermo conductivity

19 hours ago, Ellilea said:

Imagine in this way - put a dump in a pot, fill it with water, boil it, and give the concoction a good shake so it falls apart and mixes. Drinking that afterwards will definitely not infect you with any microbe disease, but would you call that clean water? :D

Isn't that what most people currently drink? That's what water treatment plants do y'know.

22 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Isn't that what most people currently drink? That's what water treatment plants do y'know.

Normally they separate out the actual water part first (then give everyone the rest) :p

Archived