Infinite Oxygen Exploit (?)

I don't know if anyone else has been doing this, but in my latest playthrough i dont need to use any electrolyzers.

so algae terrariums generate poluted water in bottled form, and pWater "emits" polluted oxygen thus all you need to do is put a couple air filters beside your algae terrariums.

The key is to not sweep/remove any of the bottled pWater, and then you could stack upto tons of bottled pWater, generating you alot of oxygen. once you got your stacks of pWater you can start to shutdown some of your algae terrariums.

this method is so easy and cheap to setup, and the output is just ridiculous.

btw. i'll post some pics later

19 minutes ago, Tunechi_sama said:

smh, Calls thing exploits when you just dont understand game mechanics 

well i understand that this is an intended game mechanic, but in doing so, it's making the electrolyzers obsolete in terms of oxygen upkeep 

maybe "unbalanced system" is a much more fitting word. :D

You can take advantage as much as you can and as much as you like in this game. I think that's the game, turning some inconveniences to your advantage. If it intended, probably we shouldn't call it exploits. Granted there is some different opinion on this word that seems getting popularity lately. I did some mistakes in the past categorizing some mechanics as exploits, and if I still do there will be so many exploits on this game. Everything we do will be called exploits, because that;s how dupes survive.

There is some ways to create oxygen, each method have their own advantages and disadvantages. Electrolyzers well known for throughput with limited space, but need water as fuel. There is morb + deodorizer like @Neotuck mentioned, which I think much more "infinite" in CU than terrariums because it need filtration medium as fuel. And there is terrariums, which I think you already know how to get most of it. I didn't feel there is unbalance between terrariums and deodorizer, they have different merit. It just... "options". Usually more options is better. Still some more like "dig entire slime biome and spam deodorizer" or "put polluted water in giant pool with deodorizer on top of it".

3 hours ago, abud said:

"put polluted water in giant pool with deodorizer on top of it"

:) Not in pool - in metal Refinery. It emit ten times faster than polluted water pool or huge polluted water bottles. And with stable speed about 19kg per cycle. So we need only 3.5 Refineries per dulicant :D

11 minutes ago, AnotherBoris said:

:) Not in pool - in metal Refinery. It emit ten times faster than polluted water pool or huge polluted water bottles. And with stable speed about 19kg per cycle. So we need only 3.5 Refineries per dulicant :D

I do feel that too but 19kg ? really ?  that's a lot.

6 minutes ago, AnotherBoris said:

Yep. Found it today. Was very surprised :)

Tested for 1 cycle and It was 17.2 kg of polluted oxygen. It's still a lot.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.29765d9492ae205019337de14e01f816.png

But with 10 tile of polluted water you will get 29.8 kg of polluted oxygen

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae0c46a38c66f5cd6609f63c06e6baa0.png

1) 1 tile with water in the pools account for 1 tile floor and 1 tile air. That is, out of 12 tiles emit only 4. And Refinery radiates all 12. 9.6 kg vs.19kg.
2) Stock of water. The pool emit 0.24% per cycle, and in the refinery - 2.4%. That is, in order to produce oxygen in the pool you need 30 tons of water. 30 tiles, 90 total, and in Refinery - 3 tons of water, 4 Refinery, 60 tiles.
3) Restriction from overflow. In the pool it is necessary to put pressure sensors, which requires metal and energy, and in refinery - nothing. So pools consume a lille energy, and Refinery - not.
4) Materials. In each pool there should be at least one vent (400 kg of metal), one pressure sensor and one Shutoff, and the Refinery is constructed from any stone

But the main thing, nevertheless, is point 2. Believe me, I built different models, and I know that accumulating 30 tons per duplicant is not so fast. Even at full load on the pump it is 25 cycles. Therefore, such an oxygen generator is real, although it is a very distant future. But 3 tons per duplicant (2.5 cycles) - this is quite real numbers.

2 hours ago, AnotherBoris said:

19kg, no wonder I have to keep my pump on. I thought it just a bit gasses off :?

1 hour ago, AnotherBoris said:

2) Stock of water. The pool emit 0.24% per cycle, and in the refinery - 2.4%. That is, in order to produce oxygen in the pool you need 30 tons of water. 30 tiles, 90 total, and in Refinery - 3 tons of water, 4 Refinery, 60 tiles.

Awesome numbers for puftfarms, thanks.

10 hours ago, Wolfcream23 said:

I don't know if anyone else has been doing this, but in my latest playthrough i dont need to use any electrolyzers.

so algae terrariums generate poluted water in bottled form, and pWater "emits" polluted oxygen thus all you need to do is put a couple air filters beside your algae terrariums.

The key is to not sweep/remove any of the bottled pWater, and then you could stack upto tons of bottled pWater, generating you alot of oxygen. once you got your stacks of pWater you can start to shutdown some of your algae terrariums.

this method is so easy and cheap to setup, and the output is just ridiculous.

btw. i'll post some pics later

Nice find!!!!"!3212432142

I thought about the unification of buildings for settlements with a large number of duplicants. Here is the Draft of the residential block for 12 duplicants.

Spoiler

Living_Block.png

Since there are a lot of duplicates, it is implied that they will wash and go to the toilet alternately. Let them lose a certain amount of time, but there are a lot of them, and spending 400 metal per shower for 50+ duplicates is too wasteful.

The gas pump at the bottom of the residential area serves to remove carbon dioxide. It, of course, needs a gas filter, too, but there is enough room for it.

And here is the tested oxygen generator:

Spoiler

12_Dupes_O2_Generator_3.png

Spoiler

12_Dupes_O2_Generator_2.png

Spoiler

12_Dupes_O2_Generator.png

What is particularly pleasing, from the 35-degree water, it produces 24-degree oxygen.

Ok I did some test and clearly it's not overpowered :

polluted.png.7061924c6eb69336b7bc796751a28aa0.png

Given the bottle is not overpressurized (1799,9 g), it produces over time : 18,4 g / s that to say 11,04 Kg / cycle.

Duplicant need :

dup.png.d8c6977e53eeeb0b123b7ac198240975.png

So you need 5,43 bottles so 6 bottles / Duplicant.

Each Algae Terrarium needs 2 cycles to produce 1 bottle so you need 12 cycles / Duplicants to have enough bottles = 2160 Kg water + 216 Kg algae consummed / Duplicant.

Just now, SamLogan said:

Only if it's not overpressurized, so you need a hard pumping system above it if you want an optimal production.

Well then, we, without options, need to test the evaporator on the water pumped out of the pipe. The pump pumps water into the pipe with a valve or bridge at the other end, and Plumber pushes it out of the pipe, dropping onto the ground in the form of bottles.

Need to try! :)

Archived