[UPDATE] The Gorge on Consoles

10 hours ago, LazyDevs said:

So you have time to remove post and warn people about there posts yet your lacking in updating your console version WHAT A JOKE!  Expect a horrible review on your console version that’s how I feel right now! Start working on your game because your devs just earned a bad review enjoy :) 

There were several bugs in the PC version which is one of the reasons i prefer console. Those usually get addressed before the console client is updated, the only 2 things that are a downside is we have to wait longer, and we'll still get bugs of our own. They are working on it whether you recognize it or not, threats won't affect anything, other then maybe getting yourself banned.

10 hours ago, LazyDevs said:

So you have time to remove post and warn people about there posts yet your lacking in updating your console version WHAT A JOKE!  Expect a horrible review on your console version that’s how I feel right now! Start working on your game because your devs just earned a bad review enjoy :) 

What are you getting from this? Complaining a bunch to people who can wait doesn't do much. I'm pretty mad that it's taking this long but who cares? If you cant wait for things then you dont deserve them.

13 hours ago, LazyDevs said:

And I thought I was petty and impatient lol, your review will do nothing to the game and you are what ruins this community

I'm sure that CharlesB will update as soon as he can. Unfortunately, he did comment the following on July 16th, Monday.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, CharlesB said:

I will let you know as soon as we have a more accurate date for you but it's likely end of next week or the week after.

That gives an estimated time between July 28th - August 4th for him to have a more accurate answer. I wish I could help you guys out but I'm just simply another DST fan/player. Hopefully the event comes out soon for the console platforms!

3 hours ago, Extant said:

That gives an estimated time between July 28th - August 4th for him to have a more accurate answer. I wish I could help you guys out but I'm just simply another DST fan/player. Hopefully the event comes out soon for the console platforms!

I thought late this week and early next week meant thursday to tuesday.

3 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

I thought late this week and early next week meant thursday to tuesday.

Hm, it could've been. He never said early next week though for giving a more accurate date. Early next week was for submitting the cert.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, CharlesB said:

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to get some info out to you now that things are coming together.

We're currently finishing up work on bringing The Gorge to console. Right now we're running through internal testing and will be submitting to Cert early next week. This means we should have it out to you either late next week or the week after. Unfortunately I can't give a more accurate time frame until after we've cleared Cert but I wanted to make sure you all knew we haven't forgotten about you and it should be coming soon.

TL;DR: I will let you know as soon as we have a more accurate date for you but it's likely end of next week or the week after.

But, on the bright side, he didn't say late next week either for the 2nd week. I'm hopeful that they'll deliver the release date before August. Fingers crossed.

what's taking so long

Like I get your an understaffed failing company but you said aproxmality 2 weeks you have 2 days, I remember we got the Halloween update on Christmas. like I get im complaining but up to months on updates is absurd. All other games that produce updates are  extremely efficient  and at a fraction of the time.

On 28/07/2018 at 9:05 AM, Slavics said:

what's taking so long

Like I get your an understaffed failing company but you said aproxmality 2 weeks you have 2 days, I remember we got the Halloween update on Christmas. like I get in complaining but up to months on updates is absurd. All other games that produce updates extremely for efficiently and a fraction of the time.

That’s exactly how I feel brother amen! Klei is a horrible company! I do remember they dropped the Halloween update on Christmas like WHAT A JOKE we don’t even get our updates at the right time of the year! What’s sad is year of the varg is still on console wasn’t that like half a year ago? Horrible developers and horrible development. Done nuff said

Ill tell you what I am not looking forward for any new events with how long it takes for these devs to update there game! I’d get my money back if it wasn’t to late lol I’ll never spend my hard earned money on these jokes again 

43 minutes ago, Boredmom said:

CharlesB any chance you could update us?

I am planning on upgrading to pc but I still don't want to abandon the PS4 version. 

And update would be nice.

Don't worry about it man I'm sure it would come before wednesday

On 16/07/2018 at 5:59 PM, CharlesB said:

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to get some info out to you now that things are coming together.

We're currently finishing up work on bringing The Gorge to console. Right now we're running through internal testing and will be submitting to Cert early next week. This means we should have it out to you either late next week or the week after. Unfortunately I can't give a more accurate time frame until after we've cleared Cert but I wanted to make sure you all knew we haven't forgotten about you and it should be coming soon.

TL;DR: I will let you know as soon as we have a more accurate date for you but it's likely end of next week or the week after.

Oookkkay, sooo where's this update klei?

I wish people would actually pay attention to the comments left by CharlesB. Nothing about the comments are ever concrete, he always gives loose statements to what would be the best case scenario, and is always smart enough to put words like "likely", or "hope" in them to finish them off. Basically Klei is/has done their part and then Sony has to do theirs where a time frame is impossible to guarantee. Only companies who have worked out special deals with Sony can give accurate time tables, everyone else just has to wait.

Everyone, Everyone lol comments about dates left by the KLEI are not 100% ive been watching these guys announce stuff for years, if they say it will be released august, the fact is its gonna be released late august or october, pretend its like your gf saying ill be ready in 10minutes and she or he takes 1hr to get ready XD 

soo yeah, just being honest, i also think it will most likely be released late august or early october

• Developer

Hi again everyone,

I have a quick update for you. It's taken longer than we'd expected but we've submitted builds to Cert. Once they pass we'll be able to release The Gorge to you.

Have a good weekend.

Archived