[UPDATE] The Gorge on Consoles

Hey there, The Gorge update is fantastic!

Almost all the bugs are resolved. I can now make custom matches and can now find matches without having to relog into the game now the refresh button seems to be working properly sorry for being brief on my first bug report.

Still seem's to crash every now and then, very often when i scroll through the treasurey looking at costumes it crashes half way through the list. 

My friend last night's DST got corrupted and he showed me a photo of everything invisible etc but he reinstalled and it seems to be running fine now.

Other than that this event has been a success! I've gotten two win's so far now level 36 :) Awesome event and i am so happy that skins are actually accessible now! It use to be get 4 boxes a week and get pleated shirts on repeat lol.

Great work Klei this is definitely progressive! considering the previous christmas updates being month's after etc. Hopefully now that you've become more comfortable with console port's we will get to see new events and holiday events at a closer time frame :)

I really hope Don't starve together does not get abandoned as one of Klei's finest games, i enjoy oxygen not included thoroughly but i hope it doesn't steal the spotlight from the Don't starve series. As me and my partner took about an 8 month break from DST until the Gorge came out as we have platinum trophied DST on ps4 and lacked normal game content and found nothing else to feed our adventure within the game but the Gorge has certainly reignited that and we are considering doing another play through. 

I was curious if prolonged support for this game is planned? like a reign of giants styled content update? Winona was a cool addition but not one i personally use. I would happily pay 15$ for an expansion with a sizable amount of content, even Two new biomes would be awesome! and maybe a boss at like day 150 or something that is inescapable and not optional and very destructive reigniting that sense of survival and difficulty for seasoned players. 

Don't starve has so much potential and i am certain producing more content and additions to Don't starve together would be worth it financially, i mean i can't speak for the entire playerbase but it appears many of players are willing to spend money on the smallest of things to support Klei due to how fantastic the games are in general so it's almost a given an expansion would sell and keep the fanbase content while bringing in more eager fans :)

Cheers 

10 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@jesuisralph If you want to see 70/70 you can look at the in-game recipe book for now, that one should be fine :p
 You'll have to wait for an update before the fix for the front end recipe book gets to you though.

Thanks.

I got this strange error while making a custom made server/room, it wouldn't let me out of it. I had to press the PS button and close the application. Pretty much restart the game because of it... 
x4VEyRk.jpg

The game totally crashed when I tried to play regular DST.

VpAOevK.jpg

• Developer

We're testing a new PS4 patch with fixes for all the issues that have come up so far. We'll get it out to you as soon as we can.

For XB1 we're still trying to get to the bottom of the Gorge Custom Match crash; it will get patched once we have that sorted out.

@jesuisralph The WARNING! screen you mention above should be fixed as well.

Is almost everybody here playing on playstation? I have an xbox and the game is still not letting us do split screen or custom match. So disappointing and frustrating. We encouraged our friends to buy the game, and now we're not even able to play this with them like we intended.

Just now, CharlesB said:

@Curiousforever What do you mean xbox isn't letting you do split screen?

We're not able to do custom match in either single player or split screen, but when we're both logged in on split screen before we even press anything, it keeps logging player 2 and off, and lags so bad and then of course when we try to do custom match the whole game freezes 

• Developer
1 minute ago, Curiousforever said:

We're not able to do custom match in either single player or split screen, but when we're both logged in on split screen before we even press anything, it keeps logging player 2 and off, and lags so bad and then of course when we try to do custom match the whole game freezes 

We're still trying to get to the bottom of the custom match problem. It's not affecting everyone, and of course is't happening when we test here. In the mean time you can do quick match, and then invite your friends while you're in the lobby if that's what you're trying to do. Or you can browse and join a match from there. I know it's not great but we're really trying to fix it asap.

This is the first I've heard about player 2 getting logged off. Do you mean just sitting in the main menu, after he's been logged in?

2 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

We're still trying to get to the bottom of the custom match problem. It's not affecting everyone, and of course is't happening when we test here. In the mean time you can do quick match, and then invite your friends while you're in the lobby if that's what you're trying to do. Or you can browse and join a match from there. I know it's not great but we're really trying to fix it asap.

This is the first I've heard about player 2 getting logged off. Do you mean just sitting in the main menu, after he's been logged in?

Okay, thank you. 

No, I mean that when we click on enter the gorge it kicked player 2 out but it showed them as logged in still. After that we proceeded to try to create a game. It's weird because it seems to occasionally let me create a game when I try it solo but when we try together it crashes immediately every time. When we search servers I've only found 1 active custom game. Every other one was the internal server playlist. It seems that this happens to everyone on here because the only other game was titles "this usually crashes my game" so it seems rather widespread. 

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

PS4 patch 1.30 is now live; it should address all known PS4 issues.
Hopefully XB1 will follow soon.

Will that update fix the private match creation and browsing?

Also, I noticed that I was not able to see any servers when browsing for standard DST games, is this a bug?

• Developer
2 hours ago, MasterWolf said:

Will that update fix the private match creation and browsing?

Also, I noticed that I was not able to see any servers when browsing for standard DST games, is this a bug?

That's the hope, but we're still working on it.

I'm not sure why you can't see any servers. I'm off for the long weekend and I don't have an Xbox at home to verify the problem. I'm sorry but I won't be able to check until I'm back in the office next week

12 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

That's the hope, but we're still working on it.

I'm not sure why you can't see any servers. I'm off for the long weekend and I don't have an Xbox at home to verify the problem. I'm sorry but I won't be able to check until I'm back in the office next week

Have you looked into the issue with Split-Screen on regular DST sound issue?
When I'm on regular DST split-screen, I can't hear sound for the following: the fridge opening, closing, adding food to cookpot, there's no warning or sound when hounds, cave worms or bosses are coming during split-screen if I have one of my character in the caves and the other on ground level. This is a huge problem.... 

I have issue with not hearing sound of fridge opening and closing, adding food when both are on ground.

The fact that xbox players can still not create custom match or play split screen is ridiculous. Along with the fact that even when playstation players might be able to do that, it's super buggy. You're putting us through so much frustration when all we're trying to do is play YOUR game, that YOU made for us to PLAY and have fun. I understand there might not be people put there that are as frustrated as my boyfriend and I, but it's probabk because they either have a PC or a playstation. There's only one person who's working on the game that Ive seen is coming on here to talk to us about these situations? Like isn't this the talk of your company right now? Isn't this a huge deal for your whole company? I dont get how only one guy is talking to us and he barely even knows anything. I dont think you realize how many fans you are letting down in ways where they won't talk up your games as much to their friends. With all the things going wrong with the gorge after we waiting so long for it, I've barely even wanted to play original dst. When it first came out and it was going wrong for all consoles, you were like "its top priority", but now that PS got some stuff fixed you're like, "we'll let you know when we know anything." Are you kidding me? What happened to top priority. Are you guys going to extend the gorge because xbox won't have gotten to play for long?.. I wasnt one of those people that went off on you guys for making little mistakes, but this is constant disappointment.. yes your game is awesome.. but what happened? Why is it so bad? Maybe you're focusing too much on what it looks like and to make it cool without actual having the tech people you need that can actually make it work? And have you guys thought about the inconvenience? It's such a tease to put a game out and get people excited and then not have it work?? I understand mistakes can happen but this isn't normal. At this point I don't even know if I care if I get a good response to this, I'm honestly almost completely checked out. 

• Developer
4 hours ago, Doc23 said:

Hi, me and my fiancée are long time DST players, just wondering can we play this add on split screen offline?

You can play in split screen, but you must be online. This event, and all others in the future, can only be played on Klei servers, and you must be in online mode to connect to them.

37 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

You can play in split screen, but you must be online. This event, and all others in the future, can only be played on Klei servers, and you must be in online mode to connect to them.

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean one or both of us need a PlayStation Plus account? 

Archived