Gorge Solo Guide

KoreanWaffles

I just won my first game of Gorge! It also happened to be an under 7 dish solo game. I had wanted to be the first to post a solo, but I didn't have time because of exams which I definitely did not stay up cramming for. (I also fell asleep trying to solo Gorge on release; whoops)

Spoiler

4LaZ35V.jpg

The most annoying part about soloing Gorge is how much you have to rely on rng.

You need to roll a 1/6 to get a Vegetable craving round 2, and a Large Cookpot from your first safe.
Note: c=old coins; s=sapphire; f=Gnaw's favor

Guide

Spoiler

Solo Strategy: Cookpot Start

-Gather 1 berry, 1 fern, 1 rock

Coins: 10c
Buy: Cookpot
Coins: 4c

Round 1: Stone Soup +10c
Recipe: 1 berry, 1 foliage, 1 rocks

Coins: 14c
Buy: 1 salt rack, 1 wheat seeds (blue seeds)
Coins: 5c

To Do:
-install salt rack immediately
-till and plant 4 wheat
-gather ~20 wood, 4 potato from Elder, 1 mushroom
-cook potato soup (do not offer it yet, you want to silver it)
-get salt, grind it, and trade for key to unlock safe (large cooking pot, 2 silver bowls, 1 silver plate)

Round 2 [veggie]: Potato Soup (silver) +1s +7c
Recipe: Potato, Potato, Potato

Coins: 1s, 12c
Buy: rabbit trap
Coins: 1s, 8c
Leftovers: 1 Potato, 1 Mushroom

To Do:
-catch 2 rabbits
-gather 1 berry (use for Cheese Cake later)

Round 3 [meat]: cookpot; Meat Stew (silver) +1r +1s +5c
Recipe: 1 meat scraps, 1 meat scraps, 1 potato, 1 mushroom

Coins: 1r, 2s, 13c
Buy: Oven Kit, Iron Key, Large Casserole Dish (you have to unlock the park with the key and then buy the dish)
Coins: 1r, 1s, 4c
Leftovers: 1 berry

To Do:
-collect wheat, collect 2nd salt, and grind them all
-buy milk (comes in 3)
Leftovers: 2 flour, 3 salt (salt comes in 3)

Round 4 [dessert]: oven; Cheese Cake (silver) +1f +1r +3c
Recipe: 2 milk, 1 flour, 1 berry

Coins: 1f, 1r, 1s, 7c
Buy: Nothing
Leftovers: 1 flour, 3 salt, 1 milk

To Do:
-trade salt for key
-gather 2 mushrooms

Round 5 [veggie/soup?]: cookpot; Mushroom Soup (silver) +1f +7c
Recipe: 1 milk, 2 mushroom
-do not offer yet, use a key to get a silver bowl and then offer (it doesn't matter what you get, all remaining safes contain at least 1 silver bowl and 1 silver plate)

Coins: 2f, 1r, 1s, 14c
Buy: 1 slaughter tool, 2 pigeons (kill for meat scraps; alternatively you can trap 2 more rabbits, but why bother if you can afford to buy pigeons)
Coins: 2f, 1s, 8c

To Do:
-kill a beefalo for 2 large meats

Round 6 [meat]: oven; Bacon Wrapped Meat (silver) +1f +1r +1s +4c
Recipe: large meat, large meat, meat scraps, meat scraps
-it doesn't matter if round 6 isn't meat, Gnaw still awards a favor for a silver plated Bacon Wrapped Meat

Coins: 3f, 1r, 2s, 12c

Buy the Gateway Key and you're free!

It's probably better to pick WX78 for the speed bonus, but the reason I chose Wes was because 1/3 of the time, round 3 is fish instead of meat/soup, and Gnaw only awards a single red mark for that round (no old coins), which means you're short a coin for the oven kit and large casserole dish.

If anyone has a suggestion to post or wants to point out a mistake, please do so! I'm happy to edit my post. (and maybe reformat it a bit so it's easier to digest)

Edit 1: For round 5, Mushroom Soup only gives you a favor if the Gnaw is craving soup. Otherwise, it'll give you a red mark. If you don't get a favor from round 5, you can make a second Bacon Wrapped Meat for round 7 for your 3rd favor. (You have 2 sapphires now, so you can buy a silver plate from Mumsy)
Alternatively, you can make a pasta dish for round 7, but that's much more work than Bacon Wrapped Meat. (I guess you do miss out on that sweet +250xp for no repeat meals)

Thanks for this guide, helped me manage to get a solo run done. Almost failed because it didn't give me a favor when i turned in the mushroom soup (I made sure to use a silver bowl, yet I didn't get it?) but i just turned in two of the bacon wrapped meat and made it out.solorundone.thumb.png.1c52e723364f6644d01c6b0dbc508e71.png

My first run of this failed when I got to round 3 and got fish, if I get this again is it a run-killer? Or should I make something like Poached fish on a silver plate? This is the only way I can think of right now of getting a red mark with a fish craving on round 3, but with the safe that we unlock we only get 1 plate, so would I have to unlock another safe early to silver plate the cheesecake? Honestly, I have no clue of what to do, which is why I'm here but it would be annoying if round 3 fish would end the run.

Ty for the guide tho :D

Edit: I just realized as I was playing that meat stew in a silver bowl gives red mark no matter what, but what tripped me up this time was which safe the big cook pot was in, last round I picked a safe, no cook pot, so i spent the remainder of that run locating which safe it was in, only for this run to fail (in part) to the cook pot not being in the safe, is there any kind of insurance against this problem?

13 hours ago, Corbeena said:

My first run of this failed when I got to round 3 and got fish, if I get this again is it a run-killer? Or should I make something like Poached fish on a silver plate? This is the only way I can think of right now of getting a red mark with a fish craving on round 3, but with the safe that we unlock we only get 1 plate, so would I have to unlock another safe early to silver plate the cheesecake? Honestly, I have no clue of what to do, which is why I'm here but it would be annoying if round 3 fish would end the run.

Ty for the guide tho :D

Edit: I just realized as I was playing that meat stew in a silver bowl gives red mark no matter what, but what tripped me up this time was which safe the big cook pot was in, last round I picked a safe, no cook pot, so i spent the remainder of that run locating which safe it was in, only for this run to fail (in part) to the cook pot not being in the safe, is there any kind of insurance against this problem?

Just now I beat it solo thanks to you! <3 ty for the strategy

I am confused on the large cooking pot. Which safe is it in? i have opened all 3 (on different runs) and am yet to find it. Are the safes randomized or am i just being an idiot? This is a great strategy and I thank the poster for creating it, very helpful guide!

Getting the 7 meal and under achievement is definitely not rng based when you have teammates. You can get it 100% no matter what Mumsy asks for. If you're doing it solo with only 5 meals, then it takes a bit of RNG and good timing to be done correctly. I finished solo 5 meals earlier today at 17:30. It could be much faster with wx, but less rng with wes.

20180620015707_1.jpg

Archived