Character Perks Reveal

Fuffles

Found something that might interest you for the full release, characters have perks.

You had been warned

Spoiler

QUAGMIRE_CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS =
    {
        wilson = "*Reduced cook time when using a Cookpot\n\n\n\n*Can determine if food matches the Gnaw's craving\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nCooking",
        willow = "*Logs burn longer on the fire\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nCooking",
        wendy = "*Reduced cook time when using a Grill\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nCooking",
        wolfgang = "*Reduced cook time when using an Oven\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nCooking",
        wx78 = "*Enhanced robotic runspeed\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        wickerbottom = "*Has just the book for the occasion\n\n\n\n*Can determine if food matches the Gnaw's craving\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        wes = "*Expert haggler\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        waxwell = "*Summons shadow minions for logging and digging\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        woodie = "*Chops wood more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        woodie_us = "*Chops wood more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        woodie_canada = "*Chops wood more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        wathgrithr = "*Harvests 1 extra meat from Beefalo slaughter\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        webber = "*Sows seeds and harvests crops more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        winona = "*Performs most actions and harvests crops more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        random = "\nSelect a random character",
    },

What is the effect of "improved bartering with shopkeepers" ?

Also I thought that some characters also have downside, like I recon reading something about Webber not being able to interact with a goat, may be fake.

1 minute ago, Rouli said:

What is the effect of "improved bartering with shopkeepers" ?

Also I thought that some characters also have downside, like I recon reading something about Webber not being able to interact with a goat, may be fake.

Lower prices

To be honest, I personally like the fact there are no abilities in the beta.  Of course first time I launched the game I was a little disappointed, and instantly thought that is probably just beta thing. But after a few longer hours in the game, I love the fact every character is equal. Well I already have my team set so it really shouldn't affect me too much. 

But even in a fixed team having to change character just to match my role will be a bit of a pain. And players without set teams are gonna be in pain again, with just 3 players in the game the more "dedicated" won't be willing to play anything else than their "perfect composition"

Do these exist? Could've sworn shadows definitely did not happen playing as Max... nor did I remember Wicker doing that. Maybe these are saved for the full event along with an actual timer that decreases and increases..?

Nice find, I would really appreciate if the character would have unique abilities for the live event! (It would be even better if noone had the same perks...)

There are two things however that I don't understand:

"Expertise:\nGrillmaster, Potmaster, Ovenmaster" stands at every character. If every one of them can use everything, why is it important to list these?

Why is Woodie listed three times?

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Nice find, I would really appreciate if the character would have unique abilities for the live event! (It would be even better if noone had the same perks...)

There are two things however that I don't understand:

"Expertise:\nGrillmaster, Potmaster, Ovenmaster" stands at every character. If every one of them can use everything, why is it important to list these?

Why is Woodie listed three times?

Cause the meme for thanksgiving

( other ) is thankful for bountyful resorces.

( usa ) Celebrates thanksgiving too early.

( canada ) Celebrates thanksgiving the right time.

New Perks revealed

Spoiler

{
        wilson = "*Reduced cook time when using a Cookpot\n\n\n\n*Can determine if food matches the Gnaw's craving\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nCooking",
        wickerbottom = "*Has just the book for the occasion\n\n\n\n*Can determine if food matches the Gnaw's craving\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        waxwell = "*Summons shadow minions for logging and digging\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        wathgrithr = "*Harvests 1 extra meat from Beefalo slaughter\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
        webber = "*Sows seeds and harvests crops more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nFarming",
        winona = "*Performs most actions and harvests crops more quickly\n\n\n\n*Expertise:\nGathering",
    },

33 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

New Perks revealed

Reveal hidden contents

{
    },

It looks like Wickerbottom, Wes, and Maxwell will be the most popular.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, cookiepersonofdoom said:

wouldn't say that yet, a ton of profile icons are missing to... aka all the food ones

The food icons were probably removed as well as the food portrait because they most likely hinted to what ingredients we could use for certain recipes. If we saw the Cheeseburger using foilage as lettuce, we would've tried using that very early on. And just the fact of seeing the food exists, you would know what to make.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

New Perks revealed

Hide contents

{
    },

That sucks, I was legitamately hoping to do a Solo Wes no hit speedrun with his speed, but alas, NO MORE. :(

Archived