Glossy dreckos not eating Mealwood?

It looks like it might not path to food too much. 

I'd redesign that as a solid reversed c than a broken reversed c with the ladder going down on the left than in the middle. It would reduce the pathing options it has and should expose it to more food.

I am observing this alot as well. My theory is that their "eating-trigger" is not very frequent. So they are actually starving without trying to eat.

But thats a wild guess. Bottom line is that dreckos are short sighted and cant see a healthy mealwood plant right in front of their bubbly nose!

15 minutes ago, blash365 said:

But thats a wild guess. Bottom line is that dreckos are short sighted and cant see a healthy mealwood plant right in front of their bubbly nose!

This.

They have really poor pathing to food, I almost don't think they path to food at all, the food just has to be on the tile where they happen to stop.  I've seen them list as "Hungry" and stop one tile away from the mealwood plant and their next path take them in the opposite direction still hungry.  I redesigned the stable so that they basically only have one path around, the mealwood on the bottom with the grooming station so that calling them down to groom gets them next to the plants, and then hydrogen at the top. 

Tried different things and dreckos does't seem to respond at all. In current build they doesn't seem to recognize food at all. Maybe only if they happen to end at the wall with wealwood beneath them MAYBE they will eat but I never saw that.

1 hour ago, Technoincubus said:

Tried different things and dreckos does't seem to respond at all. In current build they doesn't seem to recognize food at all. Maybe only if they happen to end at the wall with wealwood beneath them MAYBE they will eat but I never saw that.

I designed my stable in a reverse E  hydrogen at top, carbon dioxide at bottom, shearing station on the middle line of the E, grooming station at the BOTTOM of the stable in the middle of the mealwood.  By having the grooming station at the bottom next to the plants, they get called down to the bottom to be groomed and then eat while they are down there after being groomed. 

• Developer
21 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

It seems glossy dreckos are not eating mealwood, even thou it is said they should. They starve even with mealwood available for consumption and accessible

RQu9Ap2.jpg

If you have a save file that reproduces this issue, please report a bug in the bug forum and attach the save. Thanks!

Archived