Drawings and Drivel

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

I try to keep the general triangle-shape of his head in mind, as well as the W.

Best way to go "realistic" is to take notes from the Bruce Timm version of Joker. He has a hairstyle close to Wilson's.

5 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

My god you are good at drawing faces and stuff! Love your artwork :o

Thanks so much! Maybe I shouldn't point this out to you. but the vast majority of the faces I draw are 3/4 angle expressionless ones. I do those pretty well, but that's basically it.

I'm not sayin' that Willow started the Voxola factory fire, I'm just sayin' that I'm open to the possibility. And hey, why can't all these strangers in the Constant actually have their pasts interconnected? This is fiction, after all.

Besides, Willow's portrait has burning buildings in the background. Maybe that's just a frequent fantasy for her, but it does kind of imply that she has done something really terrible in her past.

Perhaps Maxwell isn't the only murderer in town. X-Files theme plays.

Okay, fine, arson does not always result in people dying, thus, Willow is not necessarily a killer. It's a possibility though.

IMG_20180601_0001-page-001.jpg

IMG_20180601_0001-page-001colour.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

Perhaps Maxwell isn't the only murderer in town. 

um.thumb.png.56f375471c767957fb9ef02997e05ff4.png

Seriously though, great job capturing the character connections. Has a 1960s touch to the color scheme. Nice work on Wilson's hair on this one. You're starting to get the hang of it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

um.thumb.png.56f375471c767957fb9ef02997e05ff4.png

Seriously though, great job capturing the character connections. Has a 1960s touch to the color scheme. Nice work on Wilson's hair on this one. You're starting to get the hang of it.

Heh, accurate meme. 

In terms of lore speculation, Willow could have saved uncountable lives from Maxwellification by halting Voxola production. I guess this means that her horrible crime had good (if unknown at the time) long-term benefits. This just occurred to me now.

I suppose the amount of potential lives saved also depends on how long it took Wilson to dethrone Maxwell, and if Charlie also uses the radios to abduct people. If Wilson won even one year later, that's still a lot of potential Voxolas eliminated.

And another thing: Maxwell was most likely able to abduct people without radios, considering the amount of corpses you find in game. And the fact that a few non-American characters got in as well.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I'm just rambling out my thoughts as I form them. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the illustration.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to go through every character's quotes. It's a fair amount of reading.

I wanted to illustrate that Winona has been through some crap in her life, most of it thanks to Maxwell (miraculously, she chooses not to slaughter him). Admittedly, the factory fire happened ~13 years after Charlie's disappearance, and Winona had probably learned to live without knowing what happened to her sister by then.

• Sad 1

On 6/1/2018 at 1:42 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Oh of course! I liked the wood-burning patterns and such, and having a highly decorated Lucy could balance out comparatively minimalist Woodie. Maybe. I don't actually know. I just like the idea.

I don't know if they were scorches or etchings, but now I think, maybe 'wood burning' would make more sense, since that's like... A tattoo, but for an axe. 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:26 AM, ResettePlayer said:

IMG_20180528_0001.jpg

Interesting how the tree branches also look like shadow hands. Reminds me of a panel in an old DS comic I did with a similar touch.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:26 AM, ResettePlayer said:

He looks like he should be on the cover of a romance novel or something.

Well there are a lot of lumberjack fangirls out there (not Woodie, just lumberjacks in general :p )

On 5/31/2018 at 5:11 AM, ResettePlayer said:

20180530_101330.jpg

I like the extra curl you give Willow in some of your drawings. An interesting take on her pigtails.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, gallusvarius said:

My sister theorized that in forge, the reason Lucy got instant-aggro was because she'd make sassy insults at the beasts when she struck them.

That would be hilarious XD

9 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Nice! I especially like the bit with Winona and the missing posters for Charlie. This could have happened soon after the final act :)

The coloured version of this is also very nice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I like the extra curl you give Willow in some of your drawings. An interesting take on her pigtails.

Just so you know, this was based off of her Guest of Honour skin, which has a bit of a corkscrew thing going on with her hair. I thought it was pretty cool.

Well there are a lot of lumberjack fangirls out there (not Woodie, just lumberjacks in general :p )

I used to work in a library. I learned much about what women are apparently into, haha. If you folks want me to finish the Woodie romance novel cover, I'll do it. It has the potential to be hilarious.

Nice! I especially like the bit with Winona and the missing posters for Charlie. This could have happened soon after the final act

Thanks! Though I must say, the posters are easily the most out-of place thing in this illustration (about 13 years out of date in universe). I mainly wanted a subtle way to incorporate a sixth character. Charlie is a very significant character, important to both Winona and Maxwell, and even interacting with Wilson at one point, so she needed a place in there too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I used to work in a library. I learned much about what women are apparently into, haha. If you folks want me to finish the Woodie romance novel cover, I'll do it. It has the potential to be hilarious.

Have Lucy reading it.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

• Haha 1

The best thing I can think of is Lucy's head buried into the spine of the book, like someone used her as a bookmark. Not sure if that communicates the idea that she is the one reading it though.

I'd rather not resort to magical floating, but I might need to resort to magical floating.

• Like 1

And another thing! We need to see the cover! Perhaps it's a trilogy, and we can see the cover of the first book as she devours the second. I suppose I could also do a small comic strip wherein someone catches her at it, and upon further questioning, they learn that Woodie was a model as a side job. I feel like it would be funnier as one illustration, though. Thoughts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I was actually going to do a meme on this. Let me give you a ref of Stephen King's Misery with Stephen King on the cover:

image.png.f9d937937e0255b89405839c575b2545.png

This is amazing. I'm cackling over here. How does the world allow this to happen?

I might do the comic strip if you handle the one-image meme. In the comic at least I can have the other character ask "where the heck did you find smut in the wilderness" as well as "can I borrow them when you're done". Now the question that remains is which character do I choose...

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, minespatch said:

um.png.b28690d00d58c341710c4313379142c0.png

I wanted to work on this tonight but since you really want to do this, here ya go.57f49805ed939_arielbadjoke.png.95c6962789303bf4e43aa1110072c854.png

This is spectacular! Take as long as you need, though. I said I'd do a Woodie shadow skin a while ago, so I'll be trying to get that done first.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, minespatch said:

No, that is the meme.:wilson_shocked:

Oh, sorry, I thought what you meant by "I wanted to work on this tonight" that you had something else in mind. Like, maybe you weren't happy with what you came up with. The meme is excellent as it is-- I guess I just misinterpreted what you said.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

No, I was fine with my edit, I usually like to make my edits at night. During the day I manurepost on twitter and facebook.:wilson_ecstatic:

Ah, a loose schedule of sorts. Alright, glad we cleared that up to some extent.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:41 PM, ResettePlayer said:

IMG_20180601_0001-page-001colour.jpg

The drama going on in this piece is rather intense. Winona in mourn over the missing poster for Charlie seems very fitting and accurate too, a nice thing to consider... It gives some depth to the ideas about her. 
Wx-78 and Wilson also look especially dark here. In the good, artistic kind of way.

• Like 2