[Game Update] - 270528

1 hour ago, Ryeknox said:

I keep hearing rumour's they're re balancing character's. Particularly Wickerbottom, is this true? What was Said about my old Lady!

Last I knew Klei hasn't said anything. And it seems rather unlikely as they haven't been touched in years. They're likely just the typical community discussions about character balance rather then actual rumors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ryeknox said:

I keep hearing rumour's they're re balancing character's. Particularly Wickerbottom, is this true? What was Said about my old Lady!

I didn't heard anything but i'm not following things a lot lately. But i doubt it : as far as i know they were working on the event lately and didn't decide what to do next. And events have differents rules and opportunities to make some character more attractive into the event, but don't change the core game.

So if people have more details about this rumor i'm interested, but i don't think we'll have character rebalance soon.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It was mostly an excuse to push the base changes for the event, and tease us with the new collection.

Well no...not exactly; the EU had passed a series of tighter legal laws regarding users data and companies' use of said data. One of the key notes I read was: "Consent must be clear and distinguishable from other matters and provided in an intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language. It must be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it."

Spoiler

Almost all websites have updated their privacy policy around the same time due to GDPR. Hence:

On 5/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, V2C said:

Changes

View full update

So I would assume that if Klei wanted to continue to have DST available for European audiences, they would have to update the game to support the new EU guidelines, as such the purpose of this update...I think the leaking of the skins were completely unintentional, just extremely bad timing tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 24. 5. 2018 at 1:44 AM, cookiepersonofdoom said:

What if we have to make food for the "Gnaw" and feed it so we don't die?

No. There is something about those citizens worshipping the Gnaw for saving them from some plaque.

8 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

No. There is something about those citizens worshipping the Gnaw for saving them from some plaque.

Spoiler

Image result for plaque

That damn plaque always causing us trouble...

My guess is that it's like any other god-fearing cult, they're giving gifts and snackrifices so that their god doesn't take out their anger on them. 

Spoiler

Snackrifices...see what I did there? :biggrin-new:

Spoiler

You feed Charlie, and Charlie doesn't abduct any of your people to make into mindless pigmen.

...say, where did those goats come from...are they a civilized and evolved species of the Volt Goats?

5b09641444a23_realthought.png.d140a1c4a22fc31a2c463c642ae7c7d6.png

Spoiler

IS THAT WHY THEY'RE WORSHIPING/FEARING THIS ENTITY?! BECAUSE THEY KEEP TAKING THEIR PEOPLE AND MAKING THEM INTO LIGHTNING-HARNESSING, DEVOLVED, SNACKS?!

• Haha 6

Hey I don't know if this was mentioned before, but it seems the Carol and Fist Shake Emotes in the Curio Cabinet have gotten a new tag which is different from this "tentacle-tag".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, axxel said:

Hey I don't know if this was mentioned before, but it seems the Carol and Fist Shake Emotes in the Curio Cabinet have gotten a new tag which is different from this "tentacle-tag".

It means that it's a part of a set. You need to have certain skins in an ensemble in order to unlock that emote.

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

It means that it's a part of a set. You need to have certain skins in an ensemble in order to unlock that emote.

What? I didn't know that nor an update even mentioned that. I thought that orange background indicates that an ensemble of skins unlock the emote.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:20 PM, Ali Bun said:

From what sources 

Basically just hear say. Post's on the forums have mentioned it, Someone on my PS4 community mention's it. And just finished watching this guys video on the leaked update and he brings it up as well. I still don't know where people are getting WB's name though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1