What to do about heat

Thanks for the clarification @Kabrute! I will probably build one just for my bathroom while collecting the excess in my main reservoir then. I will also build a second one for collecting polluted water from slime biomes as you suggested, depositing that water straight into my main reservoir for crops and such.

as long as you keep it in pipes its safe, in a resevoir the germs wreak havoc.  The pwater in slime biomes tends to be clean already, so that should be fine for using its own dedicated scrubber etc it should stay safe and clean for cooking with etc.

@Kabrute How do you keep the PH20 from eventually boiling in the closed container?  I use a similar setup but with a thermo sensor/pump to remove the 115-120C water which is then replaced with cool PH2O.

the bathrooms supply a steady though small supply of 15c pwater, approx 1/5 my feed the rest is 30c being fed through it constantly. I'm actively cooling the pool with a radiator setup that deletes the heat with a sieve.

image.thumb.png.918b939888b467297318a19e11c8f4e4.png

then I'm spreading the cool around my base.  This radiator setup sux, don't use it, squiggle up and down across it instead, much more efficient to drive the heat to one side of the pool, may have to "tap" into mine and rebuild the plumbing.
image.thumb.png.eb576d8976c46d321b823e92e293305c.png

I understand that I sorta didn't seem to answer your question but my water doesn't boil over because of the constant flow through of 30c(and colder) pwater
image.thumb.png.e20212791aae50a05b22929c8a0bf37a.png
image.thumb.png.4aa8c823d700811294aa8ab3b39c01b4.png

Ive copied this concept of central cooling.

Used a single aq tuner to cool O2 machines to below 5C.

Used 11 gold radiant pipes that were taking toilet output pW (random temperature 60-95C) to a sieve that fed electrolysis. The 3by4 pool stabilised nicely to 80C degrees.

Very useful & easy to implement base idea. A counterweight to your coolant cycle.

Edit* Even better If you are using hot pW, to reverse it. Run pW to sieve, then to the coolant pool as 40C water, then electrolyzer. As long as IT stays below 100C everything is ok.

as an american I am offended by your generalization, or was it as a millenial? but millenials don't like labels so I can't be one of thus, must have been as a snowflake then.  Thats what i'm generalizing my offendedness um I lost myself there... somewhere.... can I start over?
Hi, I'm kabrute.

14 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

You mean "Temperatures all of the world understands except us Americans" and "Temperatures Americans understand?"  =^.^=

Well, considering it's the 4th of July, I'm going to go with "Freedom Units"

On 7/3/2018 at 12:37 AM, Kabrute said:

image.thumb.png.4aa8c823d700811294aa8ab3b39c01b4.png

What's the source on that other P-H2O line?  The one that has the radiator around the Coal Gens?  I can see in one of the earlier screenshots that it comes from way off the other side of your base.

Is the volume necessary, or will this system work without it?

I'm on cycle 79 with only 5 Dupes, this would be the earliest I've switched from Outhouses to Lavatories.

its a slime biome puddle in this case, the extra volume is needed to supply a significant bristle berry farm, as well as filling the initial coolant pool because the bathroom alone doesn't produce enough excess by it self. 

said "slime biome puddle" is where I stored my dirty sink water before switching to plumbing.

the system works without external feeds to provide a very small surplus of water over time.  I think 5 dupes would be enough to support 2 bristle plants...... maybe

On 2018. 05. 27. at 12:31 PM, Miravlix said:

Nothing.

Heat isn't really a problem if you use insulated walls and pipes, keep the worst heat generators outside the insulated core living area.

I have 500+ turn bases that just never have heat issues. It's possible that 5000 turn's would make a difference and the entire asteroid would cook at some point, but in a survival game the current game build just don't seem to have a heat problem.

Depends on duplicant amount. 40+ duplicants guarantee heat problems without some sort of cooling method.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

2/3 idle all the time?

I never had an idle duplicant in my life! Thats blasphemy!

I just dont run out of projects and crosstrain all dupes to be able to build and dig to avoid any kind of downtimes.

7 hours ago, MorsDux said:

I never had an idle duplicant in my life! Thats blasphemy!

I just dont run out of projects and crosstrain all dupes to be able to build and dig to avoid any kind of downtimes.

Share your base pls.

Archived