Coal as a filtration material?

4 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Did you forget to update to this year's version of the game? Nowadays you can convert rock to sand making sand one of the most common materials in the game.

but compared to coal which you can get from feeding hatches then I think coal is easier to get

19 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

but compared to coal which you can get from feeding hatches then I think coal is easier to get

It's common enough that you won't need to produce a single "chunk" of sand in 500 cycles, even if you're playing in a crazy huge colony.

And if you are running a crazy huge colony, you have dupes to spare to make more sand.

On 2018-04-29 at 3:56 AM, ImpalerWrG said:

If we ever get a germ filter I imagine it would use coal.

That would be pretty cool. One input and output, requires coal to run and demands being in water to run. That it is capable of moving all germs from the input liquid and exretes it into the body of water it is submerged in itself.

Maybe simply allowing to crush coal to sand? Sand is simply used in filter and allowing to smash coal to sand directly we fullfill both - coal use in filtration and avoid making new filtration material?

Thanks again he77789 for giving us the answer on a topic dated 2 months ago.  I'm sure we all needed to be reminded back in April 28th how silly we were not to realized Regolith was going to be added to the game

11892234_10205784795391708_5742374245009767452_n.jpg.d3dd342d133feb6da7ccc1ea367f4468.jpg

Archived