Industrial Slime Biome Terminator?

So you have a huge slime biome to deal with?

Use this:

Input: Coal 5kg/s + Slime 15kg/s

Output: 5kg/s Algae + 10kg/s Polluted Water + 100g/s Carbon Dioxide + 412.5W Heat

20180425112859_1.thumb.jpg.30156d16a2f5311ac431949d98b5f363.jpg20180425112857_1.thumb.jpg.a137137df13df9c1e8b374cbd1ee476a.jpg

Back in the day it was one of the only sustainable sources of polluted water or water

Now it's more useful to get rid of slime biomes

53 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

How many suopply dupes are needed?

Hmmm, it depends on how much slime you want to process, can also build this with conveyor rails + auto-sweepers

2 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

Why would you do that? Sline is be far one of the most valuable resources, to the point where overcrowded puft farms with dozens of dozens of morbs are needed to sustain slime influx.

Slime -> Polluted Water -> Water

Slime -> Polluted Water -> Natural Gas Generators

Slime -> Algae -> Oxygen

And I'm no fan of mushrooms/puft farms

41 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

this is overkill on the distillers, a waste on coal, and you have no decontamination setup so your algae will be filled with slimelung which in turn will get into your base as you use deoxydizers 

Actually, with all the deodorizers - it'd probably be oxygen rich/slimelung free in only a couple of cycles.

45 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Actually, with all the deodorizers - it'd probably be oxygen rich/slimelung free in only a couple of cycles.

I ran a test of algae that had slimelung.  The slimelung output by the deoxydizers exceeded the kill rate by the oxygen.  So the slimelung in the base would only die off (after 5+ cycles) once the deoxydizers turned off or they are supplied clean algae

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I ran a test of algae that had slimelung.  The slimelung output by the deoxydizers exceeded the kill rate by the oxygen.  So the slimelung in the base would only die off (after 5+ cycles) once the deoxydizers turned off or they are supplied clean algae

Sorry - you missed the point entirely. I was talking about the area around the distillers themselves being oxygen rich (due to the deodorizers flooding the area with O2). This would actively kill off the slimelung. Pair that with the chlorine that seems to be kicking around, plus the bleach stone output - I reckon it'd be pretty germ free.

Obviously if you just jam a shedload of contaminated algae into your base it would lead to germs in the base - however again, they'd soon die off providing they were running intermittently. 

6 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Sorry - you missed the point entirely. I was talking about the area around the distillers themselves being oxygen rich (due to the deodorizers flooding the area with O2). This would actively kill off the slimelung.

Obviously if you just jam a shedload of contaminated algae into your base it would lead to germs in the base - however again, they'd soon die off providing they were running intermittently. 

your right I misread your post 

But O2 kills germs at 13% dead/cycle, how long would it take to kill the average 900,000 germs found on slime turned algae?

3 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Where has that average come from ? It depends entirely on active time and atmosphere...

just experience, most slime I mine has between 900k to 1 million germs but I know it isn't constant 

1 minute ago, TheExceed said:

Do distillers pass germs to the algae?

yes, and to the polluted water too but that usually dies off fast 

It's total overkill as the distillers eat slime at a pretty quick rate anyway, but sure.   Fyi store the mined out slime in chlorine for a bit before use and the slimelung will sit off leaving safe to use slime and germ free algae.

Just now, Neotuck said:

just experience, most slime I mine has between 900k to 1 million germs but I know it isn't constant 

Ahhh so it's a figure you plucked out of thin air - got it :p 

I'm only messing with you, but if there are numerous variables you can't really be spouting "average figures". 

E.g. if the distillers are only active for part of the cycle - the output algae might be sat on the floor for a period, gently having the germs eradicated.

Likewise if the algae is stored in a cool area for even the briefest of moments, again - germ count totally altered. etc etc etc.

Your basing this entirely off of "ALGAE SPAT OUT -> DUPE COLLECTS -> INSTANTLY CONSUMED IN DEOXYDIZER" When in reality this is probably not the case.

Fair point but I like to keep my distillers in a chlorine filled room just to be safe.  The 100% death/cycle is better than 13%

25 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Your basing this entirely off of "ALGAE SPAT OUT -> DUPE COLLECTS -> INSTANTLY CONSUMED IN DEOXYDIZER" When in reality this is probably not the case.

I do see your point, I just wish you can see mine, O2 is not a reliable element to kill germs on solids, even if it's not "instantly consumed in deoxydizer" there are still plenty of germs to infect your base

1 hour ago, Ray_Garraty said:

I prefer another slime processing setup: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1359728437

1359728437_preview_chlorine-room.png

Try processing 10 tons of slime with something like that.

47 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

It's total overkill as the distillers eat slime at a pretty quick rate anyway, but sure.   Fyi store the mined out slime in chlorine for a bit before use and the slimelung will sit off leaving safe to use slime and germ free algae.

Slime will produce lots of polluted air if its not submerged in water, so you will have lots of polluted air up there which has the potential to ruin everything

15 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Slime will produce lots of polluted air if its not submerged in water, so you will have lots of polluted air up there which has the potential to ruin everything

that's why the chlorine needs to be 1.8kg

One air deodorizer betwen two storages consumes whole po2 produced. What the reason to annihilate each of digged out cell of slime instantly? What hinders to store slime submerged in liquid? Is not it easier than build grotesque factory?

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Fair point but I like to keep my distillers in a chlorine filled room just to be safe.  The 100% death/cycle is better than 13%

I do see your point, I just wish you can see mine, O2 is not a reliable element to kill germs on solids, even if it's not "instantly consumed in deoxydizer" there are still plenty of germs to infect your base

I disagree, I have had storages filled with 1mill germs from debris next to slime and was killed off fairly quickly in my base.

44 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Try processing 10 tons of slime with something like that.

I keep my slime storage room at 1800g chlorine,  so no offgassing occurs. 

The problem I found with using submerged storage tanks is that it prevents offgassing, but doesnt really kill off the germs,  or does it really slowly,  leaving the slime still contaminated when it is needed. 

Archived