Doodle Time

On 9/15/2018 at 12:43 PM, ResettePlayer said:

I'm trying to think of words that properly describe how impressive this is. For example, my eyes are drawn to the face and hands, but the airy movement in her hair is such an incredible detail too. Nyaaagh it's so good! You certainly know your stuff.

/ Q \ thank you so much resette! Just having your approval and hearing your thoughts is enough. I really wanted to play around with Charlie's design and anatomy. And i just really love animating hair o(-(

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Is Wilson saying something there?

I agree with ResettePlayer. It's so good!! 0_0

Wilson is just wincing, no words. And ty for the nice words Ria! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh I didn't notice the eyes change for a second there. Very nice little details >u<

I saw you starting another one on Tumblr. Are you gonna finish these or are they just little things you like to put together.

The Charlie one im coloring and the chomping Wilson was from my test stream. The previous ones are going to be fully completed and colored as well. Im just a slow 1-man band o(-(

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, Wesminator said:

The Charlie one im coloring and the chomping Wilson was from my test stream. The previous ones are going to be fully completed and colored as well. Im just a slow 1-man band o(-(

Fair enough. Well good luck. Can't to wait to see them finished (and I'm sure Klei feel the same >u< )

been doodling my card suit skins during class. still trying to finalize things u q u

tried to figure out some possible portrait designs for wilson, ive worked through possible poses for a majority of the cast, but its all very rough. have wilson with a pocketwatch though! :> trying to decide if it should be a bust (GoH and triumphant) or a waist up (roseate and victorian) hmm...

wilson.thumb.png.d66a10e30e0dc84c64bab273aec34df4.png

and here we have the queens! didnt have enough room to fit wes oh well lmao. ive drawn his heart design a lot already

queens.thumb.png.a83e7fa20c90249ab9d79124d927c132.png

and i tried to design some possible skins for item, but they're pretty bland. gonna rework them! also trying to decide on which maxwell hair to go with, idkidk aaaaand those 4 boxes are possible portrait background. I like the falling cards and the one with the chair and banner/drapery!

chitchat.thumb.png.e2e2c84a641816f43a3904a2af09ab57.png

• Like 15

On 9/15/2018 at 10:42 AM, Wesminator said:

tumblr_pf37ynn1up1xy1b0ko2_540.gif.4b00c03f0a547a4d38962b470b3f714f.gif

When's the Don't Starve movie coming out?!584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.png

Man, that's some classic 90s Warner Brothers animation aesthetic there. You really need to get hired by a big studio, your animation has a lot of personality.

4 hours ago, Swollson said:
  1. wilson.thumb.png.d66a10e30e0dc84c64bab273aec34df4.png
  2. queens.thumb.png.a83e7fa20c90249ab9d79124d927c132.png
  3. chitchat.thumb.png.e2e2c84a641816f43a3904a2af09ab57.png
  1. Torn as well. The bust gives a compact view but the full body one has way more personality.  Then again... It's THONC emoji on the left and thonc is a quality meme.
  2. Nice look of the card set ladies. Wait... Does that mean that Wes is also a queen?:wilson_sneaky:
  3. The scene with Webber and Wendy are pretty cute. Could be a stand alone drawing.  Lord Boxnose has now evolved to King grump.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png
    Man, you even came up with potential portrait backgrounds, that's really thinking ahead.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

When's the Don't Starve movie coming out?!584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.png

Man, that's some classic 90s Warner Brothers animation aesthetic there. You really need to get hired by a big studio, your animation has a lot of personality.

; v ; thanks Mines! You and the other artists here on the klei forums are super supportive and I'll get something soon! As far as a movie, uhh I've got some side shenanigans going on that I hope to share soon! Just spending a lot of time making it look real nice o(-(

On 9/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, Rosten said:

Woah, those animations are honestly beautiful. 'S been a while since I've been around these forums but I'm super glad to see that the art community that started my interest in art is still going strong 0_0

Thank you so much friend! The art here on the klei forums is always growing and super well done! Lots of amazing artists and talent here. Easy inspiration! Hope you'll join us again sometime n v n

Edited by Wesminator
  • Like 3

On 9/24/2018 at 10:21 PM, Swollson said:

been doodling my card suit skins during class. still trying to finalize things u q u

tried to figure out some possible portrait designs for wilson, ive worked through possible poses for a majority of the cast, but its all very rough. have wilson with a pocketwatch though! :> trying to decide if it should be a bust (GoH and triumphant) or a waist up (roseate and victorian) hmm...

and here we have the queens! didnt have enough room to fit wes oh well lmao. ive drawn his heart design a lot already

queens.thumb.png.a83e7fa20c90249ab9d79124d927c132.png

and i tried to design some possible skins for item, but they're pretty bland. gonna rework them! also trying to decide on which maxwell hair to go with, idkidk aaaaand those 4 boxes are possible portrait background. I like the falling cards and the one with the chair and banner/drapery!

Lovely!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Torn as well. The bust gives a compact view but the full body one has way more personality.  Then again... It's THONC emoji on the left and thonc is a quality meme.
  2. Nice look of the card set ladies. Wait... Does that mean that Wes is also a queen?
  3. The scene with Webber and Wendy are pretty cute. Could be a stand alone drawing.  Lord Boxnose has now evolved to King grump.
    Man, you even came up with potential portrait backgrounds, that's really thinking ahead.
  1. LOL yea i think the think emoji is perfect for wilson xDD tho the hand that goes to the chin covers his club pendant so i tried to opt for a more open and readable silhouette u_u but i crave the memes
  2. thank you! and yes! wes is the queen of heart (・ω<)☆ the positions are: King (Wolfgang, Wilson, Woodie, and Maxwell), Queen (Wes, Wickerbottom, Willow, and Wendy), and Jack (Webber, Winona, Wigfrid, and WX-78).
    Kings and Queens are not necessarily in romantic relationships (no way in hell am i gonna pair maxwell and wendy romantically). "King" "Queen" and "Jack" are more just titles to fill than a representation of their relationship. 
  3. I quite like that webber and wendy doodle! I might paint over it and make it digital :> 
    My goal is to hopefully draw portraits for all of the characters! make it look as ~official~ as possible.
4 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Lovely!!

1. Thank you quoth! ^ v ^ <33
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Swollson said:
  1. LOL yea i think the think emoji is perfect for wilson xDD tho the hand that goes to the chin covers his club pendant so i tried to opt for a more open and readable silhouette u_u but i crave the memes

5b8652f8037ce_wilsonmorethoncs.thumb.png.cbb0632a82a89751b041a3ca0d35baff.pngWilson thonc is a classic.

I also feel that the thinking emote would mirror/parallel Maxwell's Victorian skin portrait.

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, Wesminator said:

tumblr_pf37ynn1up1xy1b0ko2_540.gif.4b00c03f0a547a4d38962b470b3f714f.gif

tumblr_pf37ynn1up1xy1b0ko1_540.gif.4ebcd9e07cfe7d449e98dd5611f10bc1.gif

Last try, scientist~

Posted this on my tumblr so I thought I'd share it here as well! Here's some good ol' Charlie. Gonna color this one and put some vocals to it. The first one is the completed animation and the 2nd one is where it is so far.

I love how wispy she is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I love how wispy she is. 

Thank you Quoth! \n q n/ i feel like Charlie is more whispy when she's under control but when angered/threatened/agitated/etc. she bursts into flames!

I'll be posting the finished product sometime tomorrow after i get some shut eye / v \ (it'll be on here, tumblr, and my new twitter account.)

Edited by Wesminator

I promised I'd post the finish product so here it is! Big thanks to Voice Actress Foreverevee (http://foreverevee.tumblr.com/) and Sound Designer Cloud (http://savagecloudmusic.tumblr.com/) for making this amazing! uhh how do i make this show the actual video instead of just a link o(-( still trying to figure things out...

https://youtu.be/J9zlu7vZW14

Edited by Wesminator
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Holy crap that's good. I clicked through several frames to get a better look. The background is good and simple, and the eerie voice of Foreverevee really brings it up a notch. I'm so glad you're undertaking these ambitious projects and sharing them here--it's inspirational! Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Amazing!!

*Smooch* affsdga ty again quoth! Im glad you liked it ; v ;

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

Holy crap that's good. I clicked through several frames to get a better look. The background is good and simple, and the eerie voice of Foreverevee really brings it up a notch. I'm so glad you're undertaking these ambitious projects and sharing them here--it's inspirational! Please keep us posted.

Ty Resette! I had a billion ideas of what I wanted to do for the background but went with this. Should I post the background separate? Maybe a gif of the process? I'll def keep you and the fam posted as I churn out what minespatch called the Dont Starve Movie lmao!

Afgadf glad I can be a source of inspiration for you!

• Like 1

Wow - so much gorgeous stuff you two have here! @Wesminator, your animations are mesmerizing - I feel like I could watch them for a long time and still notice new details, and they're so smooth and pretty! @Swollson, I love your card-deck inspired skins, they're so creative and fit the feeling of Don't Starve, with a wonderland-esque flair! And your drawings of Wickerbottom are so elegant, I love the Gorge skin particularly (your profile pic). Her eyeliner is flawless! x3

Great art thread you two have going here! Wonderful art, entertaining banter - sharing an art thread was brilliant! :> I'll look forward to seeing more! :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

@Swollson, I love your card-deck inspired skins, they're so creative and fit the feeling of Don't Starve, with a wonderland-esque flair! And your drawings of Wickerbottom are so elegant, I love the Gorge skin particularly (your profile pic). Her eyeliner is flawless! x3

Great art thread you two have going here! Wonderful art, entertaining banter - sharing an art thread was brilliant! :> I'll look forward to seeing more! :D

awww shucks thank you!! <3 it makes me happy knowing ppl are enjoying our silly art thread! :DD im really excited to work on my little card skins! i have a lot of ideas, so hopefully i'll be able to get to them!! and wickerbottom is such a QUEEN i love her so much! <333 

hope to see you around as well whimsi! :> i see you got an art thread going as well!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

Wow - so much gorgeous stuff you two have here! @Wesminator, your animations are mesmerizing - I feel like I could watch them for a long time and still notice new details, and they're so smooth and pretty! @Swollson, I love your card-deck inspired skins, they're so creative and fit the feeling of Don't Starve, with a wonderland-esque flair! And your drawings of Wickerbottom are so elegant, I love the Gorge skin particularly (your profile pic). Her eyeliner is flawless! x3

Sdfadgs ty for browsing through our shenanigans Whimsi! I think we might be the only duo sharing an art thread?? *Shrug* Welcome to the forums my dear and we appreciate your kind words!! I'm def here to flood the fandom with animation so I'll continue working for all to enjoy! Hope to see your work too sometime Whimsi! 6(ovo)9

On 9/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, Swollson said:

I like the full body shot more imo. Sorta looks more like the DS portrait style but they're both good ^_^

On 9/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, Swollson said:

The Wendy and Webber pic is adorable (like what Minespatch said). The slicked back hair looks more like Maxwell if you ask me :p

On 9/28/2018 at 8:51 AM, Wesminator said:

I promised I'd post the finish product so here it is! Big thanks to Voice Actress Foreverevee (http://foreverevee.tumblr.com/) and Sound Designer Cloud (http://savagecloudmusic.tumblr.com/) for making this amazing! uhh how do i make this show the actual video instead of just a link o(-( still trying to figure things out...

https://youtu.be/J9zlu7vZW14

I saw it the other day. It's AMAZING! 0.0 (Tell the VA great work dubbing your work ^_^ )

On 9/29/2018 at 4:39 PM, Swollson said:

5baeffe0a9f41_Forge2.thumb.png.50b19b3571ce28459cbfd51dc92b3e8a.png

I remember someone commenting on how you were the first to draw Wicker with this new skin. Looks amazing (idk why but I like the clawed(?) hands of her new skin).

• Like 1