Having trouble with a morale decision.

Should I spawn in the DoyDoy that got killed by snakes?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

It had taken a while, but I had found a good base island. it was mostly jungle, and just a small beach, but surrounded by other, more useful islands, all a short boat trip away. And besides, I didn't have any more time to look, seeing as I had spent more time then I should looking for one. I started setting up my base when I saw something horrible.

TWO DOYDOY FEATHERS

It turned out I had decided to base on one of the DoyDoy islands, and the DoyDoy had been killed by snakes.

Should I spawn them in on another island?

Imo a big part of the game is learning from your mistakes. And if you want to continue your save file, dealing with them.

Anyways doydoys are an overrated luxury; if you relied on doydoys for food or tropical fans then you will start to learn about alternative methods of achieving the same goals.

1 hour ago, Atsumame said:

Imo a big part of the game is learning from your mistakes. And if you want to continue your save file, dealing with them.

Anyways doydoys are an overrated luxury; if you relied on doydoys for food or tropical fans then you will start to learn about alternative methods of achieving the same goals.

But I need them for food! I was stupid and choose a huge world, so I don't have any poop to farm with yet!

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

But I need them for food! I was stupid and choose a huge world, so I don't have any poop to farm with yet!

If you relied on doydoys and farms as you main source of food in shipwrecked I suggest exploring other food sources.

For example you could make a snake skin hat and murder as much jellyfish as you want since it will protect you from the electric shocks they do.

You can move sea weed plants by collecting them with a trawl net: eventually you can have a massive plantation that give you 2 stacks of sea weed per harvest.

Food rain from chopping those jungle trees: snakes are gonna give you monster meat, bananas are really good in this because of banana pops and finally eggs are just nice.

Then you have fish farms which are new to the recent update shipwrecked got, will flood you with fish if you build multiple and stock them.

Obviously don't forget that crockpots are your best friend.

16 hours ago, Atsumame said:

If you relied on doydoys and farms as you main source of food in shipwrecked I suggest exploring other food sources.

For example you could make a snake skin hat and murder as much jellyfish as you want since it will protect you from the electric shocks they do.

You can move sea weed plants by collecting them with a trawl net: eventually you can have a massive plantation that give you 2 stacks of sea weed per harvest.

Food rain from chopping those jungle trees: snakes are gonna give you monster meat, bananas are really good in this because of banana pops and finally eggs are just nice.

Then you have fish farms which are new to the recent update shipwrecked got, will flood you with fish if you build multiple and stock them.

Obviously don't forget that crockpots are your best friend.

I know the food in SW, and am living of a diet of Jam, Seaweed, and those fruit drink things. It's not that I don't have lots of food, it's that I'm playing Warly

For me, it depends on how the doydoy died. If the stupid little **** doydoy wants to give the Tiger Shark a big smooch despite your best attempts to dissuade it from doing so, then I'll spawn another one and consider it like a rollback in DST. Otherwise I'd just roll with it, find the Things asap and hope for a world with less suicidal birds.

No I'm not salty, what're you talking about

I said no because I've done something similar before, and I never felt right about it afterwards. (I spawned in a volt goat because worldgen spawned them in right next to the hound mounds, and they were all killed) I eventually committed suicide by bearger and started over.

4 hours ago, jeffhartley3925 said:

I said no because I've done something similar before, and I never felt right about it afterwards. (I spawned in a volt goat because worldgen spawned them in right next to the hound mounds, and they were all killed) I eventually committed suicide by bearger and started over.

Nice necro...

It's a game... you paid for it, you play it for fun. If it's stressing you to the point that you feel like you're being "bad" for coding something back in... spawn a **** ton of balloons and have a party while you're at it cuz you need to remember you're playing to have a good time lol

If nothing else, remember computers mess up sometimes. Sometimes not every asset spawns- I've played a world before where the PK never spawned, Glommer was nowhere to be found, no Maxwell's Door once in the base game, etc. So whaddya do? You ditch that and start another one, or spawn one in, because it's SUPPOSED to be there.

You're entitled to your TWO doydoys Raspberry!

Archived