Question about the Bee Queen

My gf and I play wx and wendy (yes i know not the best character) but we absolutely cannot kill the Bee Queen due to how many minions she spams at the later stages of the battle and how frequently she produces them. We even tried befriending around 15 pig men and 25 bunny men to help while we armed ourselves with dark swords and armour and bee keeper hats. I thought we were going overkill and was shocked when we still failed miserably. We have killed most other bosses apart from the ancient fuelweaver but this one is giving us the most difficulty because of all the grumble bees she produces. 

So i have an idea but im not sure if it will work. My next plan is to build a wall square around the bee queens hive, feed all the bunnymen at our base then transport them all to the bee queen using the lazy deserter. Once there i will trap them (our base is very far from the bee queen). After that we will return to base and wait for more bunnymen to respawn at base and keep transporting them to the bee queen area and adding them to bunnymen horde. I was planning on doing this around 3-4 times till we have 60ish bunnymen and then spawning the bee queen into an army of bunnies. Will this idea work? Because i have no idea how else to kill her with just us 2.

1 you can't transport them with lazy deserter (afaik), TIL you can, sweet, only using telelocation staff (it'd cost you 16 purple gems per 5 teleports), you can build pigmen or bunnymen houses in any amount near beequeen instead, but that would require some grinding

2 bringing army of pigs or bunnies is a bad idea anyway because bq makes them panic when she screams

3 what you can and, imo, should, do instead is to make a pack of abigail flowers (don't know the amount, my assumption is ~8) and wait for 3 days, which is, i believe, pretty common strat for wendy: you come with abi to bq and after she dies you summon the next one by dropping flower while previous one is still alive (i'll try to find a vid if you need)

upd: vid

Spoiler

so i don't think abi's death would trigger other abi summoning, so you should bring butterflies (since they stack) (or bees : D) to kill during fight

4 also use overcharge as wx (easiest way without wickerbottom [if you had her, there wouldn't be such a thing as "fighting bq with hands"] is to use telelocation staff at some creatures near you so that lightning would strike you) so he'd be able to run and give wendy time for resummoning

5 remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

upd2: protip: since wendy's sanity gonna be destroyed by abi summoning, you can heal with blue mushrooms for free

22 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

1 you can't transport them with lazy deserter (afaik), only using telelocation staff (it'd cost you 16 purple gems per 5 teleports), you can build pigmen or bunnymen houses in any amount near beequeen instead, but that would require some grinding

2 bringing army of pigs or bunnies is a bad idea anyway because bq makes them panic when she screams

3 what you can and, imo, should, do instead is to make a pack of abigail flowers (don't know the amount, my assumption is ~8) and wait for 3 days, which is, i believe, pretty common strat for wendy: you come with abi to bq and after she dies you summon the next one by dropping flower while previous one is still alive (i'll try to find a vid if you need)

upd: vid

Reveal hidden contents

so i don't think abi's death would trigger other abi summoning, so you should bring butterflies (since they stack) (or bees : D) to kill during fight

4 also use overcharge as wx (easiest way without wickerbottom [if you had her, there wouldn't be such a thing as "fighting bq with hands"] is to use telelocation staff at some creatures near you so that lightning would strike you) so he'd be able to run and give wendy time for resummoning

upd2: protip: since wendy's sanity gonna be destroyed by abi summoning, you can heal with blue mushrooms for free

You can teleoport them with the lazy deserter. We have done it multiple times

First ignore what the other guy said
That out of the way, yes your idea will work....sort of.  You cant transport multiple bunnies from the same house.  If you spawn a bunnyman, move it, a new one wont spawn so long as the bunnyman is alive.  What you can do, which was one of our first sort of machine farming strats is you build a walled battle area around the BQ, not to big with doors and you build the bunny houses there at the BQ in a secondary walled off area.  Then you wait for dusk, open the doors start the fight and all the bunnies will flood into the arena.  Close the doors and they are stuck.  This is really important because the BQ has an animation that causes other mobs to flee from her.  Once the bunnies are locked in you can either tank with food or hide in a bush hat or snurtle shell untill all the bunnies kill her.  It takes 40-50 bunnies to do this.  Thats the looooong overly complicated resource intensive way to do this, BUT its the easiest thing to explain to you.  Everything else requires just explaining the whole tactic of the fight to you. 
Hope this was helpfull, Good Luck!

Lol i killed so many bee queen but failed so many times trying to kill ancient furlweaver! 

Tell me your secert of killing ancient fuelweaver and i’ll tell you my secert killing the bee queen :))

i always kill bee queen whith tentecals around it and it always work try to get someone to be wickerbottom and plant several tentecals around with hay damged wall around bee queen, search on YouTube if you don’t know that tactics.

There’s also a method where you use fences to make a sort of TSA security checkpoint waiting line structure to waylay the grumble bees, although I have never used it. You can find demos on YouTube. 

Most people seem to build a ton of bunny houses at the bee queen hive. They also make bee hats for the bunnymen so they last longer.

1 hour ago, Clwnbaby said:

First ignore what the other guy said
That out of the way, yes your idea will work....sort of.  You cant transport multiple bunnies from the same house.  If you spawn a bunnyman, move it, a new one wont spawn so long as the bunnyman is alive.  What you can do, which was one of our first sort of machine farming strats is you build a walled battle area around the BQ, not to big with doors and you build the bunny houses there at the BQ in a secondary walled off area.  Then you wait for dusk, open the doors start the fight and all the bunnies will flood into the arena.  Close the doors and they are stuck.  This is really important because the BQ has an animation that causes other mobs to flee from her.  Once the bunnies are locked in you can either tank with food or hide in a bush hat or snurtle shell untill all the bunnies kill her.  It takes 40-50 bunnies to do this.  Thats the looooong overly complicated resource intensive way to do this, BUT its the easiest thing to explain to you.  Everything else requires just explaining the whole tactic of the fight to you. 
Hope this was helpfull, Good Luck!

Yea i have already started building bunnymen houses at the bee queens hive. I only have around 15 there ATM. I want to try get it to the point where i can easily farm the bee queen using the bunnies so i can get a consistent supply of royal jelly. 

1 hour ago, diego_arabian said:

Lol i killed so many bee queen but failed so many times trying to kill ancient furlweaver! 

Tell me your secert of killing ancient fuelweaver and i’ll tell you my secert killing the bee queen :))

i always kill bee queen whith tentecals around it and it always work try to get someone to be wickerbottom and plant several tentecals around with hay damged wall around bee queen, search on YouTube if you don’t know that tactics.

We havent killed the feulweaver yet. We ant the bee queen crowns before we attempt the ancient fuelweaver thats why we need to kill the bee queen first.

During the night, I attack one beefalo so I get the aggro of a group of them, I lead them where I want, when they lose aggro, they start to sleep, so I repeat the process.

The longer the night last, the farthest I can move the group, so it's easier to do it during winter.

I used Salt Licks to prevent the group moving back to their spawn point during the day.

I only relocated a little group tho, they breed so fast.

Yes there is a bug, the salt lick get consumed when it's off screen even if the mobs can't reach it.

In my world, I don't get to come near BQ very often unless I want to kill her.

In fact, I don't really need salt licks anymore because near the Bee Queen is now the new spawn point of this group of beefalos.
But beefs always wander randomly around, so I build one salt lick before the fight to regroup them in a packed powerful group.

5 hours ago, diego_arabian said:

I've done the Ancient Fuelweaver as Wendy (with a Woodie) many times - you basically just need to prioritize killing the woven shadows they spawn.

Your armour should include Bee Queen crowns (sanity) and thulecite crowns (+ torso armour of choice - we usually go thulecite or shadow), and you should also bring a walking stick and nightmare amulets.

When they start spawning the shadow hands, equip your nightmare amulet to kill them but leave one alive. Wait for them to start spawning woven shadows, equip your walking stick, and run around murdering all of the woven shadows before you take down the final shadow hand. You can also make lazy explorers to teleport out of cages if you get stuck, but that's costly and not really needed.

---

That aside - it's absolutely possible to do Bee Queen with two people without a Wickerbottom.

1. Build many bunny hutches (20-30) around the beehive. Pigs are not good because they kite.
  2. Domesticate two beefalo, one speedy and one ornery - unless you want to go the dart route, then two speedy.
  3. Let the bunnies take the bee queen down to half, which is when she starts screaming. This will render the bunnies useless.
  4. Have one person (Wendy) distract the grumble bees when she screams and lead them as far away as possible while riding the beefalo. This gives you a window of time for the other person to deal damage to the Bee Queen.
  5. You can also finish her off by hand, with armour and weapon.

2 hours ago, clri said:

I've done the Ancient Fuelweaver as Wendy (with a Woodie) many times - you basically just need to prioritize killing the woven shadows they spawn.

Your armour should include Bee Queen crowns (sanity) and thulecite crowns (+ torso armour of choice - we usually go thulecite or shadow), and you should also bring a walking stick and nightmare amulets.

When they start spawning the shadow hands, equip your nightmare amulet to kill them but leave one alive. Wait for them to start spawning woven shadows, equip your walking stick, and run around murdering all of the woven shadows before you take down the final shadow hand. You can also make lazy explorers to teleport out of cages if you get stuck, but that's costly and not really needed.

---

That aside - it's absolutely possible to do Bee Queen with two people without a Wickerbottom.

1. Build many bunny hutches (20-30) around the beehive. Pigs are not good because they kite.
  2. Domesticate two beefalo, one speedy and one ornery - unless you want to go the dart route, then two speedy.
  3. Let the bunnies take the bee queen down to half, which is when she starts screaming. This will render the bunnies useless.
  4. Have one person (Wendy) distract the grumble bees when she screams and lead them as far away as possible while riding the beefalo. This gives you a window of time for the other person to deal damage to the Bee Queen.
  5. You can also finish her off by hand, with armour and weapon.

I'd highly suggest against domesicating beefalos, they are *******s.

If you really need the extra speed use roads(/cobblestone), canes and magis.

Note that the bunnies can still take her down after she starts screaming, they are just not very good at it and you'll need a large amount of them, or to armor them.

And to the OP, I actually suspect you can just duo her with some armor+healing+multiple abigail flowers(they are pretty good at stunning bees), I'm not sure as I haven't tried it, but I think it will work.

Depending on how much time you are willing to wait, beefalos are also a valid way to take her down, but it takes a decent while for the herd to grow.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Did you pen them in with walls? What about the scream that makes them flee?

You don't really have to pen them with their mob mentality, it's more for consistency and not accidentally dying when running past the area.

17 hours ago, camelot said:

I never failed to kill Bee Queen with 25+ bunny men with bee hat equipped. And I did nothing, just stand and watch. 

ikr, i get around 25-30 i give them all helmets or hat i get popcorn and watch, scream doesnt matter, they will eventually kill or i can finish with darts like the last 500 hp, as i play with wicker i always have 50+ darts to use at will

For epic scare the bunnies will run more in circles instead of directly away like when they are at low health. It might sometimes be better leave it open so they can regen more hp before reengaging, but for the most part it doesn't make much difference if you have enough bunnies.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:30 AM, KassCroot said:

Now I've got a large herd near the Bee Queen, I can fight her each time Beefs are in heat. In fact I don't even have to fight because Beefs kill her for me.

Pardon the necro, but I’m trying this and wonder how many beefs you need to have before you hammer the hive? A minimum number?

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Pardon the necro, but I’m trying this and wonder how many beefs you need to have before you hammer the hive? A minimum number?

Depends if you intend to help them or not.

If I remember correctly it's about 20 if you intend to help them, 30 if you don't.

Archived