Dupes hanging out in low decor areas

I have a problem.  Usually, if I create a large base, I leave a few of the slower dupes in the base to handle things while most of the other dupes are doing jobs elsewhere.  When my in-base dupes run out of things to do, they consistently drift to the lowest decor areas of my base (the mealwood farm), which stresses them out on fatalistic.  Any suggestions?

I was thinking about this and I think I have a solution.  Create a simple electric circuit with one thing that constantly uses electricity when powered (passively would be nice) and no battery.  Then, put in a bunch of priority 1 treadmills and make the room look nice with paintings.  This way, they are never truly idle.  In fact, idling duplicants will train in their down time.  You could also hook this room up to the grid with the new conductive heavy watt wire (the new one made of refined metal). I will call it the gym.  You can also make the treadmills priority 2 so that you can set a task to priority 1 and it will never happen (like if you are planning a complicated structure)

I finally remembered a thread I had seen in the past, If you set a massage table to priority 9 and have it activate at 1% stress apparently helps keep dupes in the area of it. never tested it but i need to because all of my dupes are jumping in and out of exo suits.

3 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I finally remembered a thread I had seen in the past, If you set a massage table to priority 9 and have it activate at 1% stress apparently helps keep dupes in the area of it. never tested it but i need to because all of my dupes are jumping in and out of exo suits.

You set it to priority 1 so that if they have nothing else to do they work off stress. You might have higher priority tables with higher thresholds for active workers, too.

An extension of this, if your Dupes are Idle, they tend to just chill in the Bathroom.  This is because there is no task to take them away from the Bathroom.  They just stand there.  Usually they don't even move far enough to reach the Sink/Basin to wash their hands.

Only slightly related, how do you prevent your Dupes from using the Lavatory in the Med Bay, when you have a Bathroom created and available for use?  Other than manually controlling the permissions on the door to the Med Bay...

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

An extension of this, if your Dupes are Idle, they tend to just chill in the Bathroom.  This is because there is no task to take them away from the Bathroom.  They just stand there.  Usually they don't even move far enough to reach the Sink/Basin to wash their hands.

Only slightly related, how do you prevent your Dupes from using the Lavatory in the Med Bay, when you have a Bathroom created and available for use?  Other than manually controlling the permissions on the door to the Med Bay...

Not sure if checkpoint counts as industrial equipment, but it sure would help.

1 minute ago, MidnightSteam said:

@UristMcKerman I'm priming the system now but once it's going no Dupe will go past the bedroom area without a suit.

Checkpoint.thumb.png.f0d5c01981afc76bb28617821992baea.png

Wait, dups can use bathroom and eat with exosuits?  OK.  Then this is an officially broken mechanic.  You can build like your picture, pump hot air into suits so no need for cooling, and just leave dups in suits all day.  Dumb and broken.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:46 AM, Zarquan said:

I was thinking about this and I think I have a solution.  Create a simple electric circuit with one thing that constantly uses electricity when powered (passively would be nice) and no battery.  Then, put in a bunch of priority 1 treadmills and make the room look nice with paintings.  This way, they are never truly idle.  In fact, idling duplicants will train in their down time.  You could also hook this room up to the grid with the new conductive heavy watt wire (the new one made of refined metal). I will call it the gym.  You can also make the treadmills priority 2 so that you can set a task to priority 1 and it will never happen (like if you are planning a complicated structure)

Problem with running wheel without battery can be that duplicant will not stop for other job and run until going to eat, sleep or toilet.
I was thinking about letting them manually transport water through high decor room from "Pitcher Pump" to "Bottle Emptier" instead of being idle.

But in top bases every duplicant deserves his own high decor low priority jogging room.

2a1Ng5B.png

or without "Not gate" and sensor set at bellow 1kg...

4 hours ago, chemie said:

Wait, dups can use bathroom and eat with exosuits?  OK.  Then this is an officially broken mechanic.  You can build like your picture, pump hot air into suits so no need for cooling, and just leave dups in suits all day.  Dumb and broken.

Indeed, it's the ultimate cheese to be honest - have your dupes permanently in exo suits. It's what a lot of people started doing as soon as OU came out. My argument is that if they were meant to be in exosuits permanently, they'd be printed wearing them ;) 

16 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Indeed, it's the ultimate cheese to be honest - have your dupes permanently in exo suits. It's what a lot of people started doing as soon as OU came out. My argument is that if they were meant to be in exosuits permanently, they'd be printed wearing them ;) 

You do know that your dupes begin wearing them permanently, it even replaces their clothes XD haha I personally like it, but yeah I have my base being a safe zone and anything else requires a suit:P

Archived