Easiest strategy for the Boarrior

JohnWatson

Copied from my reddit post

Firstly, if you're still fighting small mobs like turtanks or scorpeons when the Boarrior arrives, then your team is rubbish. You have more than enough time to kill every small mob and at least one boarilla. The last boarilla should be dead or dying by the time the Boarrior comes, usually no need to have the runner distract him.

The first phases are very easy and simple, if someone dies there, you're rubbish. Save the molten dart's special attack for when the team wants the Boarrior to sleep. When the heal spell is casted, the last hit on him should be a special attack because that stuns him enough to prevent him from walking out or attacking.

You don't need more than two melee tanks because there are only two stone armours. Without the stone armour, you take too much damage and get knocked back too much to be useful. Anyone not wearing the stone armour should never get hit.

Not 100% necessary to do, but Woodie with at least a 5% speed boost can completely prevent any damage to the team from Boarrior's line attack. Get close, throw Lucy to get aggro, then dodge the line attack.

When the Boarrior starts spinning, prepare for the pit pigs. Try to position him near the centre, and save the heal and meteor spells. Wicker should wear the magic damage crown, have the meteor staff, and be amplified. If someone else has those items, then switch gear with Wicker for now and just switch again afterwards.

When the Boarrior starts his taunting animation and spawns the battle standards, ignore them unless if they're defence standards. If they're defence standards, immediately destroy them. Make sure to cast heal on the Boarrior before he finishes his taunting animation, aim the heal circle in a way such that he's at the edge of it so there's space for every player and every pit pig inside.

Lure all of the pit pigs in the heal circle and then the amplified Wicker should kill all of them in one hit with the meteor spell. Don't do any of that 'runner distract the boarrior while we deal with pigs' rubbish, that's slow and will get players killed. Killing them in one hit with Wicker is super simple and quick in comparison.

After that the fight just becomes easy as long as everyone can manage their health. Melee should be taking the damage and ranged should never be hit, obviously. If the team wants to make the Boarrior sleep, then use the molten dart's special attack to keep him in the heal circle. He moves more aggressively and he can travel long distances with his lunge attack or triple attack, so having him stunned is useful for making him sleep. With Woodie's dodging tactic, the team will almost never need to heal so everyone can continuously attack without taking breaks.

We've got perfect run and golden speed run simultaneously many times with this strategy, so it works quite well. you find any mistake or misinformation, tell me below. This is just based on my personal experience, so there could be better ways, I'm not omniscient ok

On 15/11/2017 at 1:06 PM, PicklePet said:

I'm confused tho - Woodie dodging requires Boarriar to move, right? Does this mean tanks can't wail on the boss with that strat?

No, you need to be close enough so that the Boarrior will not move too much, but not too close so he doesn't perform his triple attack. The line attack deals damage in two hits: The boarrior first smashes the ground with his weapons, then lifts them back up. Woodie can use Lucy to force the Boarrior to attack him with the first hit of the line attack, then he can dodge the second hit. From what I've seen, dodging the second hit involves immediately moving perpendicular to the line with at least a 5% speed boost.

EDIT: From my experience moving perpendicular to the line attack doesn't work as well as moving in a circular motion, somewhat circling the boss. I'm no expert of it, but you can see how it gets done in some videos.

17 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

No, you need to be close enough so that the Boarrior will not move too much, but not too close so he doesn't perform his triple attack. The line attack deals damage in two hits: The boarrior first smashes the ground with his weapons, then lifts them back up. Woodie can use Lucy to force the Boarrior to attack him with the first hit of the line attack, then he can dodge the second hit. From what I've seen, dodging the second hit involves immediately moving perpendicular to the line with at least a 5% speed boost.

Really gotta give this a try when I have time to play with some friends so randos don't bite my head off.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:40 AM, Dekay said:

Given who the OP is we are lucky this entire thread isn’t a just one massive troll.

^ This.

Almost instantly discredited OP when I read this and then saw who posted it.

Then I doubled back and read the post, and saw there's actually some good stuff in there. So good on you, Mx. Watson. (Not assuming any genders here...)

Spoiler

I'd laugh so hard though if this turned out to be a troll post though, because we got fooled so hard. Watson's stepping up their game ever since the Winona thread. :wilson_ecstatic:

----------------------------------

Also, RIP anybody using a potato PC and Modem. Y'all screwed.

Spoiler

Edit: @orian34, I reformatted it, hopefully it's easier to understand now. :3

26 minutes ago, orian34 said:

Well, aside the tone of the post, this is a good viable strategy so I'm not sure it's a troll.

I was confused mostly as to why people were "cautious" about the author.

John's an infamous goofball around these parts, he's been ****posting a lot and not just here. 

11 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

this is not a troll

Well forgive us for not believing you. It's hard to believe someone is actually crying wolf if they've faked crying wolf before.

But yes, Woodie Kite is in fact an amazing thing. I've seen it in action and it's the reason why I got my first Forge win.

with the right timing, you can stun boarior with lucy throw: timing is about throw/a half a second + cooldown, you need to hit him as he raises his arms, so it's all prediction, but practice says, you can do it consistently, you can practically save your party if boarior moves out of heal and destroys most of party (except you and anyone else)

Just now, brbrmensch said:

with the right timing, you can just stun boarior with lucy throw: timing is about throw/a half a second + cooldown, you need to hit him as he raises his arms, so it's all prediction, but practice says, you can do it consistently, you can practically save your party if boarior moves out of heal and destroys most of party (except you and anyone else)

Or with the Woodie dodge trick, your team doesn't need to make the Boarrior sleep at all.

Archived