Ok, I need someone to give me the brass tacks on the new logic stuff that's in the Automation Upgrade. I need details, I need pictures, I might even need diagrams.

But I'm a simple bloke, I can't wrap my head around what most of you guys say when you speak all nerdy in the forums. :3

So I need y'all to explain this to me as one would explain this to their grandma. :wilson_ecstatic:

I'd also like to see how to apply the automation logic to everything that can be automated. 

Ok, so I'm having an issue with the algae deoxidizer not having a logic terminal. Why for the love of beans does this not have one??

So I had to use the atmo switch -> power shutoff, via a logic line to recreate what was once a simple circuit.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

So I need y'all to explain this to me as one would explain this to their grandma. 

You may not even need to use them otherwise.

I'm finding little need for them early game. The biggest issue i've seen so far is wiring logic lines into existing powered infrastructure requires me to deconstruct and reconstruct power lines in order for the circuits to properly interact ( in a non buggy manner ). There's some issue with updating the state machine or something. I would build the logic first, then run power to whatever it is.

Just now, The Plum Gate said:

You may not even need to use them otherwise.

I'm finding little need for them early game. The biggest issue i've seen so far is wiring logic lines into existing powered infrastructure requires me to deconstruct and reconstruct power lines in order for the circuits to properly interact ( in a non buggy manner ). There's some issue with updating the state machine or something. I would build the logic first, then run power to whatever it is.

I've said it previously, and I'll say it again.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, watermelen671 said:

Image result for blink gif

Ye be speaking Greek ta me.

43 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I've said it previously, and I'll say it again.

Ye be speaking Greek ta me.

In Greece, apparently, they say something which translates to "Looks like Chinese to me".  Now China is very large, so there are 5 versions of this idiom in Chinese:

1. Looks like English to me.  (Although their term for english here is "chicken intestines", yet another idiom)

2. Looks like the language of the gods to me.

3.  Look's like the tongue of ghosts to me.

4.  This appears to be Martian.

5.  This is bird talk.

As you can see, this leads down an endless rabbit hole.  I have an idea: let's just say: "Man, it all looks like logic gates to me".

(Source: wikipedia)

:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me#In_other_languages

A little visual aid would do?

Not:
This is the easiest, it outputs the contrary of the input. (In layman terms: on->off; off->on)
Not.gif.2104dc456b258fdb56afa7e693c46d07.gif

And:
Only outputs a signal when both are present. (Keyword: Both)
And.gif.113f38d711e24843979a6acc443b742d.gif

Or:
It outputs a signal If any of the input signal is present. (Keyword: Any)
Or.gif.464efe35f829633cd99d156bde761616.gif

Xor:
Similar to Or but with an extra requirement: It won't accept both input signals. (Keyword: Only-one)

Also, putting a Not after And, Or & Xor will give you Nand, Nor & Xnor respectively.

Xor.gif

Should you look up diagrams you'll often find NAND and NOR gates are used almost exclusively. That's because you can build all other gate type from either of those two. However, you'll note that exactly those two gate types are missing from the ones available in ONI.

Fear not. NAND and NOR simply means Negative AND and Negative OR, and they are simply AND and OR gates with a NOT gate on the output to invert the signal of those logic gates. NOR can also be achieved by putting NOT gates on both inputs of an AND gate.

Another missing gate you'll find often in diagrams is the 3-input NAND which is just two AND gates combined and the output inverted with a NOT gate.

2017-11-04.png

Archived