What did Ancient Guardian look like?

So i was browsing through the Ds. wiki and I stumbled upon an article about Ancient civilization. It said that the ancient with a torch survived and somehow became Ancient Guardian

757b7fb9a3928782458410747f171444.png

And I was just wandering how this:  7eefa807e4b4292203f003982a3f027f.png

Became this: Ancient Guardian

So now I have a question to all lore-loving players out there: What do you think Ancient Guardian looked like before feul?

There’s no evidence that the ancient guardian was the torchbearer, and if we look at the clockwork designs the rook is very similar in structure and would’ve been built when the civilization eas in full swing.

It’s likely that there was some other species in a symbiotic relationship with the ancients and the guardian is the last of them.

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

So i was browsing through the Ds. wiki and I stumbled upon an article about Ancient civilization. It said that the ancient with a torch survived and somehow became Ancient Guardian

757b7fb9a3928782458410747f171444.png

And I was just wandering how this:  7eefa807e4b4292203f003982a3f027f.png

Became this: Ancient Guardian

So now I have a question to all lore-loving players out there: What do you think Ancient Guardian looked like before feul?

Didn't we all go over the point that torchy is dead and staffdude is alive? (Or my memory serves me wrong, hopefully not)

5 hours ago, Gungeoneer said:

Apparently - as I have read it - the nightmare fuel made them burst out of their insect-like form and turn them into different looking beings.

Don't take my word for it though.

That makes sense in my opinion.  The will of THEM has a mind of their own.

Archived